Bailiffs and Enforcement with police a Horror Story

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Today I have had one of those experiences you really do not want to have. At 9.0 o'clock in the morning I received a ''letter'' or notice from Marstons stating that they were coming to enforce the collection of my wifes unpaid traffic penalty. A parking ticket that was incurred by a friend who used the car and parked on a red line incurring a £100.00 fine, now having increased to £612.28. We had already made a statutory declaration about the fine and informed the authority who the driver was and were he lived as well and further requested a screenflash for a cost breakdown, something we never received. We were still waiting for Marstons to reply, why I got really p....d off and phoned the bailiff up to discuss the matter. The discussion got a bit heated and when the bailiff told me he would force his way in I said that ''as you have no right to force your way in to enforce a parking ticket I will blow your effing head off if you try''. Man, one hour later the bailiff turned up with police (3 of them) and knocked on my door. I opened as I did not see the bailiff, only the police and as I opened the door the bailiff stuck his foot in and had got entry. They left 15 minitues ago after some serious verbal exchange, but, to my great dismay I had to pay or the bailiff would have taken goods from my house.

The issue is now, why on earth is the police getting involved??? The policemen told me that they were called by the bailiff to ensure the peace and/or arrest me for having said I would blow the poor bailiffs head off, an illegal threat??? However, the police were ok and did not do or say anything wrong, but, it is still scary that they get involved and are used by the bailiff to gain entry, anyone would open the door when they see the police and thereby ensure entry for the bailiff. The way they enforce the entry and the circus around it is outrageous, just imagine to have your house surrounded by police, dogs and ALMOST armed response team for a PARKING TICKET. Something got to be done and I need help to start some form of action against this.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well I'm no good at helping with bailiffs and parking tickets

but you should write to the bailiffs company (recorded delivery)asking for a screenshot of your account this will give you the bailiffs name and when/what/how much regarding the charges added to your account

this is a good place to start because it will be part of your ammo for any complaint

Hi Hallowitch,

I did request a not only a SAR but a screenshot as well. No do only got some rubbish not relevant to the case. This is a very serious issue as it shows how the bailiffs operate and how that will impact on their future performance. They are a law until themselves and are now (unwillingly) supported by the police as well. I need help please.

Hi Gustavius,

Once again you have proved how much power the police have - as much as you give them!

Did you see any paperwork?

Why had they gained entry when he had put his foot in the door - he is not permitted to push past you - that would not be peaceable entry.

Why criticise the police they are there to prevent a breach of the peace by either party?

In addition a great deal of this was brought on by your use of threats - be realistic - if it was your job to turn up attend a house and you had been threatened with a firearm wouldn't you get p^&%&d off and call the police? As a past bailiff I would have been delighted that you gave me the opportunity to turn up mob handed and I have worked in virtually all of the northern 'no go areas' Moss Side, Toxteth etc

GK

Edited by GamekeeperToPoacher
typo

If you'd made those threats in front of a Police Officer, you'd have been arrested on the spot. What beggars belief is that you threaten to shoot a human being and then have the audacity to come on here and ask for help?

The funny thing is, some idiot will probably help you..... :rolleyes:

Hi,

I can see your point Gamekeeper - nobody likes to be 'threatened' but hey, look at the other side of the coin.

You';ve got some numpty who cant read off the script, cant converse, is both aggressive in his tone and manner on the phone and in front of ya! Mmmm, does that mean I can call the cops on the bloke whose calling me an effing idiot then!

Works both ways. Sorry.

If you'd made those threats in front of a Police Officer, you'd have been arrested on the spot. What beggars belief is that you threaten to shoot a human being and then have the audacity to come on here and ask for help?

The funny thing is, some idiot will probably help you..... :rolleyes:

So people who help out on here are idiots, so why pray are you on this site?

Ostrich,

I can only assume that you personally have never been in the position of having some numpty be aggressive/obnoxious to the point of stupidity, to feel harrassed, scared, threatened.

It doesnt make you an idiot just cos a flippant remark was made under such stress.

I hope you never have to go through what most of us here have experienced. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, idiot or not.

I do not know who the persons are or how they react under pressure, especially when you have done what you think and is convinced is right. My ''threat'' was flippant and with afterthought unnecessary, but, I'm only human and anger and frustration makes you say things you regret after the deed is done. As to idiots, if I react and say stupid things to a bailiff, that is one thing, but, to insult the caggers here, that is quite something else. Do you really belong on this site??? I do not threaten other people likely and I do not mean to ''kill'' another human being either. It was a remark in utter anger and as I said not very clever nor appropriate. This has, however, nothing to do with the issue at hand. Re. the former bailiff, it sounds like you enjoyed your work, hence, why are you here? Got problems or only to monitor what people in distress have to say in order to get advanced warning??

You';ve got some numpty who cant read off the script, cant converse, is both aggressive in his tone and manner on the phone and in front of ya! Mmmm, does that mean I can call the cops on the bloke whose calling me an effing idiot then!

Hi Payback,

I am sorry but this is ridiculous and frankly an insult to CAG (IMHO)

GK

Gustavius,

Look at my rep and the number of posts that I have made and see if

"Got problems or only to monitor what people in distress have to say in order to get advanced warning??" is appropriate?

When you have spent the time that I have spent working to give my experienced help to CAGGERS then I may respect your comments.

Can you not read from my name my reasons? or maybe you are qualified to work for a DCA and can't read a script too.

GK

Hi Guys,

Today I have had one of those experiences you really do not want to have. At 9.0 o'clock in the morning I received a ''letter'' or notice from Marstons stating that they were coming to enforce the collection of my wifes unpaid traffic penalty. A parking ticket that was incurred by a friend who used the car and parked on a red line incurring a £100.00 fine, now having increased to £612.28. We had already made a statutory declaration about the fine and informed the authority who the driver was and were he lived as well and further requested a screenflash for a cost breakdown, something we never received. We were still waiting for Marstons to reply, why I got really p....d off and phoned the bailiff up to discuss the matter. The discussion got a bit heated and when the bailiff told me he would force his way in I said that ''as you have no right to force your way in to enforce a parking ticket I will blow your effing head off if you try''. Man, one hour later the bailiff turned up with police (3 of them) and knocked on my door. I opened as I did not see the bailiff, only the police and as I opened the door the bailiff stuck his foot in and had got entry. They left 15 minitues ago after some serious verbal exchange, but, to my great dismay I had to pay or the bailiff would have taken goods from my house.

The issue is now, why on earth is the police getting involved??? The policemen told me that they were called by the bailiff to ensure the peace and/or arrest me for having said I would blow the poor bailiffs head off, an illegal threat??? However, the police were ok and did not do or say anything wrong, but, it is still scary that they get involved and are used by the bailiff to gain entry, anyone would open the door when they see the police and thereby ensure entry for the bailiff. The way they enforce the entry and the circus around it is outrageous, just imagine to have your house surrounded by police, dogs and ALMOST armed response team for a PARKING TICKET. Something got to be done and I need help to start some form of action against this.

Notwithstanding that you broke the first rule of conflict by losing your temper and thereby gave the bailiff motivation , you had challenged his fragile macho ego ,and means , you had allowed him to call the plod to ensure he gained entry , the real way to fix him is on his costs , so as to waste his time/money and prove to him what he knows deep down : that brains beats brawn and class trumps cunning .

Did you get a receipt ?

From £100 to £612.28 seems excessive , and as i understand it if you can show he has charged more than he should you can sue him for all the money less the charge itself plus costs .

If the council are in the wrong and it sounds like they might be as you say you send a stat dec , and yet they sent the bailiffs in you may have a case agin them .

I am obviously not a lawyer but I took a bailiff to court for overcharging and they paid up pdq .

See on this site or via Hmcs for the tariff for bailiffs £x letter , £y a visit and write for proof of such .

GK

Im sorry if you find my comments 'ridiculous' and an insult to CAG - far from it.

My comments have been based on my OWN personal experience (probably made worse by the fact that I am single AND A FEMALE). I could go a lot further with my comments but they would only get edited.

If their customer service was just that - customer service - there would be no need for action groups like this - would there?

I am sure that if employees of Tesco swore at you, harrassed you, intimated you every time you went in for your shopping you would have reason to complain! Same thing applies to companies like these who thrive on intimading people!

Thank You so much Noddyaccount.

I am in the process to do all of what you think could be done. As usual I do not trust the court system here. I have had some real bad experience where I lost despite clear evidence. You can of course appeal, but, when in trouble there comes a point when the money runs out and you lose because you are not wealthy enough.

As to the hecklers, they are not important and rather typical for a scewed and corrupt system. Ex bailiff?? what normal individual would take on a job like that?? You must have a basic flaw somewhere to be able to live with yourself, doing nothing else than destroying human life. Normal people look for opportunities to move the society and people forward, to improve yours and others life NOT DESTROYING IT. But then the nazi camp guards who were shovelling bodies in to the crematorium ovens also claimed they were normal people only doing their job. We live in a hopefully free society and have all the options to select what we do even if we cannot always do exactly what we would prefer, hence, bailiff is something you choose to do, why, you choose a way to live and act.

One thing more.

Why is it that the beiliff dresses up in a black jumpsuit, combat boots and bullet proof vest?? Why do they employ people who are big, fat, head shaved and with tattoos on their arms and necks? I mean this would sure as h..l scare the living daylight out of any normal person. They do not only look mean, act mean but represent something not kosher in our society. Times are tough and not only I, but, many many normal people have immense problems only trying to survive, then, do we also need to be treated like anomals by these ????????

This forum is dedicated to people with real life problems and the help other people with similar experiences can provide. We do wrongs and we do rights, but we do not need to be wound up and rediculed by dodgy comments, but, supported and helped. Critisized, yes, but constructive critisism please and not the self important and unnecessary rubbish as from Ostrich and Keepertopoacher.

I think these issues are important for many reasons, not only my particular case or even the behaviour of the bailiffs (being what they are) but, society as a whole and the infringement on our rights and protection in particular. Fines or no fines - NO ONE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO ENTER YOUR PROPERTY UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INVITED. A MANS HOME IS HIS CASTLE AND HE SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECTED IT FROM ANY AND ALL INTRUDERS.

You guys must have seen as I have seen how the people in power have gradually reduced our liberty to the level of near totalitarian. I have lived most of my life in the developing world and have seen atrocities I do not even want to describe here, but, one interesting note, though, in Saudi Arabia where all and everything is controlled and dictated the law stipulates that the police cannot under any circumstances enter a private residence without a direct court order to do so. Ther must be veidence that a ''criminal'' activity is ongoing on the premises for the court to grant permission. Not that I would recommend the Saudi way of doing things here, but, all I'm saying is we the people must take back our rights and our dignity or we will lose everything and soon be worse of then what people live with in bloody Burma.

Enough said, if you agree then let's do something about it, because, the time is right and for once maybe we can actually achieve something very important.