Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4180 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it as given me some pointers yeah thank you matey. but i could do with a copy of true b.o.s and terms and conditions of one were might i get one of these regards:)

Maybe another LBL poster may be able to oblige.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Maybe another LBL poster may be able to oblige.

i found a copy of the terms and found this interesting piece

Chattels not to be removed or sold

All personal chattels seized or of which possession is taken . . . . . . F1, under or by virtue of any bill of sale (whether registered before or after the commencement of this Act), shall remain on the premises where they were so seized or so taken possession of, and shall not be removed or sold until after the expiration of five clear days from the day they were so seized or so taken possession of.

Our car was sold the day it was took from us on 2nd December 08. Removed from our premises at 10am and sold that afternoon at auction.

this is section 13 of the

Bills of Sale Act (1878) Amendment Act 18821882 CHAPTER 43 45_and_46_Vict

An Act to amend the Bills of Sale Act 1878.

[18th August 1882]

further more i have found another section they have broken making the bos null and void but i need a copy of the b.o.s were i can obtain from my local royal court of justice or send of for them the files are there for any person to search

Edited by madace

Just to update you all been in touch with trading standards and they have agreed to help me they have manage to get log book loans hold out before selling the car while we find out who is in fact the rightfull owner it more complacted because i am the the third party so the bill of sale was written up between them and someone else.

Meaning i can not question the legality of the bill of sale even thow it was registered on the 8th day and whitness was in fact a underwriter of log book loans only the person envolved can question this. But i do know the bill of sale they have is null and void not just on one section but a few let alone even checking the credit agreement which trading stanards are in the process of collecting but again more complecated due to data protection act so OFT need to get a waver for this. With all this in mind and in black and white i still can not claim my car back that easly. so i will need to wait and see what OFT say or advise fingers crossed hey.

PS LBL SAY THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE £12 A DAY STORAGE wrong wrong wrong ain't it but also say they are willing to help us and trading stanards to get to the bottom of this MMMMM :confused:

Lbl said they would help if we took the people we got car from to court for fraud. We looked into cost and can't afford to do this. They say they will help but don't

well trading standards have informed me i have no legal rights to the car there is no question of this who ever sold the car to me had no rights to do so,

so yes log book loans are the right full owners under the bill of sale act but the bill of sale as got to be 100% water tight proof if its not it can be challanged in court,

trading stanards tell me the witness signature can in fact be the one of any person including a rep of there own company,

trading standards also confirm that any bill of sale as got to be registered within 7 clear working days no ifs not buts, this can be challanged in court and only the court

if not the case and the judge agrees it found to be in breach bobs your uncle,

The bill of sale i was presented with was in fact drawn up on the 22nd feb 2007 and registered on the 2 march 2009 my calculation tells me that the 8th day so i have been intouch with stephensons just waiting to here if i am qaulify for legal aid but they are happy to take the case on.

• 4 weeks later...

what as come to light now is a bill of sale can infact be registered after the 7th day if you pay a late fee of something like £40 a back hander payment i call it.

Now with my case being under £5000 it becomes a small claims and i can not get legal aid so i can try and file a small claims against LBL but they will fight they have a legal B.O.S and demand its delt with by high court which is what the small claims court will have to grant as it a high court legal matter which is were it starts to cost and with out legal aid i could end up out of pocket by thoundsands on top of the price of the car i lost aswell there is a way of finding out if there was an extension granted but again it cost to find out and can take a few weeks so now i have no idea what to do now

We in similar position , but we can make our claim over £5000. The car we swapped was worth £2000, the repairs to the car we got was £1500 and the price of a new car was £1500 which we had to some repairs to we are trying to recover all our costs from people who took loan out on the car we had took from us. We out of pocket nearly £6000. We need a car to carry our disabled son why should we pay when we done nothing.

How much have you lost out on?