• Tweets

• I will revert back if i get paid the £321.00 
    • so from august 2019 till june 2020, when harvey's went bang, you did nothing to chase this up? then you wrote your first letter to creation, the finance company?   sorry i must say this story is getting mighty confusing..for want of a different word.    so how did this ultimately end in benson's getting involved?
    • I called the hermes help desk to see if they had done anymore to locate my rather large parcel, this was after submitting the online claim form. He told me they there was no chance of it being found.   I asked  if i am covered, he spoke to the claims department and came back and confirmed it was covered including the shipping cost of £21.00 so £321 would be paid back.    Nothing formal from the claim team in writing so far.        
    • It was The repair team that do work for Harvey’s. They had to come out three times in the space of four months. After the last visit in august 2019 Harvey’s contacted us to say they would replace the sofas
    • If you can spend some time reading around the threads here as I've already suggested, you will understand what we have to say about the so-called insurance cover and how it is unfair and unenforceable. Please familiarise yourself with this. Have they actually agreed to pay out on the insured value? Not only should you have the value of your lost items that you should also have the cost of the delivery as well as the insurance back. They don't care about losing a lot of business. They've got a huge amount of business and although they are the most complained about courier company in the country, I expect that 98% of their deliveries are successful. Of course when you talk about the remaining 2% of millions – it still ends up with a lot of loss parcels. The really disgusting thing is how Hermes then deny liability and try to force people to accept their losses. Most people give up but people who come here normally get their money back – but in your case afraid it does depend on the correct declared value
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4185 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a collector from a company stating log book loans i bought the car last year from some guy in good faith now i have a knock on my door from some guy stating that the car belongs to log book loans and not my self can anybody hep

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beleive that only the law can make you hand over the car, tell him you want irrefutable proof in writing and that you will consult a lawyer and the police.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Give him nothing if he tries to take the car, ring the police and report him for attempted theft.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

can you get into the car and drive off? preferably to the police station?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

I beleive that only the law can make you hand over the car, tell him you want irrefutable proof in writing and that you will consult a lawyer and the police.
thanx for the response he as copies of paper work with a courts stamp i have the police coming they say its a civil matter but this guy says its not and that log book loans owns the car

what does the paperwork actually say?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

is he a bailiff? is he registered?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

have your paperwork for the car ready showing the previous owner, does the paperwork say that the previous owner bought the car from these people?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

what does the paperwork actually say?
just as the previous owners details and how much he owes them this guy says it some thing to do with buyer something i not sure he wont pass it over to me

So he has no actual court paperwork for this vehicle?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

have your paperwork for the car ready showing the previous owner, does the paperwork say that the previous owner bought the car from these people?

he says this guy got a loan from them used the car to secure it basically he say this guy sold them the car

So he has no actual court paperwork for this vehicle?

he only as copies of not auctual paper also not sure if it is court papers or just the company papers with a court stamp again a copy

who has the V5? you do, it is your car?

Does he have a court order, saying that he has the right, given by the court, to say that he can take the car? If he does have a court order, is he a court certified bailiff? what is his registered number?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

you need to see those papers, he is probably just trying it on

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

is there anyone else here who can help, I am out of my depth

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

who has the V5? you do, it is your car?

Does he have a court order, saying that he has the right, given by the court, to say that he can take the car? If he does have a court order, is he a court certified bailiff? what is his registered number?

he not court certified bailiff seprate company

i have the v5 i have owned th car since last july they say they only had these details passed to the this may

only a court certified bailiff has the right to remove the vehicle, tell him to leave your property as he is trespassing, is the car on your drive or the road?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

I have to say that this is way out of my comfort zone, I am just trying to help you get rid of him, i dont think he has any right to take anything from you, he has no contract weith you it is the chap thpat originally took out the loan from them that he needs to persue, not you.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

only a court certified bailiff has the right to remove the vehicle, tell him to leave your property as he is trespassing, is the car on your drive or the road?

the car is on the road

but they dont have a key or the V5, tell them to go away

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

but they dont have a key or the V5, tell them to go away

he saysing he will smash the window if he as got to also just been on thphone to law centre they are looking into it for me now but they say he as got to have some papers from the court and i have to have noticefied before he can take the car but they are just checking on it now to make sure thats the right advice they have given me

I am not even sure that they hold a valid Credit Licence now, ask to see a copy of that, tell him you are going to report his company to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading who you know is looking into LBL's fitness to hold a credit licence. See what he says to that :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

he saysing he will smash the window if he as got to also just been on thphone to law centre they are looking into it for me now but they say he as got to have some papers from the court and i have to have noticefied before he can take the car but they are just checking on it now to make sure thats the right advice they have given me

OK RING THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY AND SAY THAT HE IS THREATENING YOUR PROPERTY AND POSSIBLY YOU ARE IN DANGER TOO

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

OK RING THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY AND SAY THAT HE IS THREATENING YOUR PROPERTY AND POSSIBLY YOU ARE IN DANGER TOO

thanx lulu he is sat in is van now waiting for the police to arrive given me just enougth time i hope to get armed with more information i the guy is all chaved up not even a suit or clip not even seem any id