Mobile contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently received a letter from a debt collection agency, acting on behalf of 3 mobile company, claiming I owe them over £400. I had a contract approx 3yrs ago which I felt I was forced to cancel due to their refusal to fix my phone which had already been sent back for repairs once before that. Due to the mobile being broken I had to phone via the landline which cost me money & went on over several weeks. I repeatedly asked them to arrange a courier to return my phone, which was only months old, but the call centre workers insisted on taking me through their technical questions each & every time. It got to the point where I couldn't take any more & told them I wouldn't pay for a service I wasn't happy with. I feel I had every right as they refused to fix a faulty phone but now the trouble starts. Do I not have a leg to stand on, should I dispute it or should I agree to pay the money. I'm leaning towards disputing but feel I'll get nowhere. Any advice appreciated, thanks

The letter is from Red debt collection services but they have been appointed by Lowell Portfolio Ltd. Todays date was the time given to me to come to some kind of arrangement in regards to paying the debt off. I would really appreciate any ideas on what my next step should be. If I have no option other than paying it I would only pay a ridiculously low payment per month.

so how far through your contract were you when your handset went faulty?

you will find in the sales of goods act a replacement or repair when deemed within a reasonable timescale would be the one here.

id dispute part of the bill.

let me know i'm in the phone business

so how far through your contract were you when your handset went faulty?

you will find in the sales of goods act a replacement or repair when deemed within a reasonable timescale would be the one here.

id dispute part of the bill.

let me know i'm in the phone business

Going off the dates given I was 19 months into my 3 contract meaning I had recently upgraded & the handset was only a couple of months old. Thanks

Afraid your contract was for the SIM, not the handset (which would be covered under SoGA) so refusing to pay your bills because of a faulty phone leaves you exposed to the risk of being defaulted and passed to a DCA - which appears to have happened.

As the contract has been temrinated and sold on, it may be worthwhile seeing what is in your credit file, as it it is incorrect or otherwise wring, you may be able to get the default removed, but not otherwise. It will stay on your file for the next 6 years.