roxburghe and demanding phone calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the cca should of been sent to me by the 4th August as of yet I have recieved nothing. But they are still calling me my friend answered and was told I should contact them as it was urgent I have not called them back and they are phoning me up to 6 times a day

OK as they have failed to send you the CCA in reply to your request, you should send them the "account in dispute" letter via recorded delivery immediately.

A CCA request only costs £1, and a SAR will cost £10, they know this and are very misled if they seem to think you don't know your rights.

What is the name of their solicitors?

IMHO, I would gather a copy of the letter you sent to them regarding the harassment via phone, and promptly march down to my local Police Station and say you want to report that you are being harassed.

Show them the copy of the letter you sent, and a copy of the signature, then a log of the phone calls they have made, or a witness statement that they have said 'they can ring you as much as 6 times a day, wherever they want'.

If the police are unwilling to get involved, refer them to the Protection from Harassment ACT 1997

1 Prohibition of harassment

(1) A person must not pursue a course of conduct—

(a) which amounts to harassment of another, and

(b) which he knows or ought to know amounts to harassment of the other.

(2) For the purposes of this section, the person whose course of conduct is in question ought to know that it amounts to harassment of another if a reasonable person in possession of the same information would think the course of conduct amounted to harassment of the other.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to a course of conduct if the person who pursued it shows—

(a) that it was pursued for the purpose of preventing or detecting crime,

(b) that it was pursued under any enactment or rule of law or to comply with any condition or requirement imposed by any person under any enactment, or

© that in the particular circumstances the pursuit of the course of conduct was reasonable.

And you must make a formal complaint to: The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct

Solicitors Regulation Authority - Code of Conduct: contents

Without delay, after you have sent the account in dispute letter.

Boo;-)

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

sorry graham and white

Well as they are supposed to obide by the SRA guidelines make a complaint about them http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/consumers.page

And from what I can see on their website:Graham White & Co. Solicitors They don't only deal in consumer law, or debt collection, so I would be quite confident that they are hedging their bets that anyone they contact doesn't either..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would send a formal letter of complaint to these solicitors, informing them that their client is acting above the law, and certainly above the OFT debt collection Guidelines, and as such, so are they, you have made a complaint to your local Police Station with regard to their Harassment, and you have also reported Graham White & Co to the Solicitors Regulation Authority to investigate.