Validity of selling C/C debt based on CCA 74 unenforceability

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have come across companies recently that claim that they will 'buy' your credit card debt from you (the person who has the debt pays a few hundred pounds) so that they can pursue unenforcability of the cards based on the CCA 74.

They are claiming that once they take this debt off you it is transferred to them and as far as you are concerned the debt is no longer your responsibility.

I wanted to know how legitimate this practice is and whether you are actually allowed to transfer your debt. The reason I ask this is if I sold my CC debt to a solicitors firm that did this, if they went bust or didnt manage to prove unenforceability, could the CC company come back after me for the debt?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DK

The creditors would be unlikely to accept the transfer of the debts, and if the debt purchaser went bust they would come after you for the money.

Edited by blueda
Typing error.

hundreds, but it is basically them checking your cca and will not take you on if you have a valid one.

you are paying them about £500 for something you can do for £1 plus postage

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198695-validity-claims-management-companies.html

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)