Bank of Scotland will not display interest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan a couple of years ago with the BOS and found out within a few months that the loan had been top loaded with the interest. With the assistance from this site I wrote to the bank and resolved the matter, albeit with no change in the loan but a payment of £50.00 from the BOS due to them failing to address my questions regarding top loading.

I now wish to transfer the loan to a previous lender I have used and have asked for a settlement figure. My previous lender would forward quarterly statements showing capital and interest payments, for example -

The monthly payment would be displayed as Repayment £120, capital £100, interest £20 and amount outstanding £3000.

The following month would quote similar to Repayment £120, capital £102, interest £18 and amount outstanding £2880 and so on.

I have asked the BOS for a similar breakdown for my payments which have been running for about two years but they have replied that there is too much worked involved and they will not do so, despite two requests.

Can the bank refuse to provide this information to me? They just want me to pay the amount due to settle the debt.