cabot Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband has received two letters regarding old debt's one from cabot financial and one from mckenzie hall.

I have sent both companies a statute barred letter as they are over six years.

He heard from cabot this morning stating the file has now been returned to the client and he will need to contact the client directly.

The letter states for their part it's confirmed cabot will take no further action and the details of this account have not been retained for the purpose of credit reference.

Can the client still try to persue this debt as it's been refered back to them or is the matter now closed.

As for mckenzie hall he's not had a reply,but from what iv'e read on these boards and the woman i spoke to he's in for a rough ride.

The debt they alledge he owe's is also statute barred it's over 8 years old.

Even though the alleged debts are Statute Barred they still exist. They cannot however be enforced through the Courts. A creditor can ASK for payment but you can and should refuse. Once you make your position clear they are breaking the OFT Rules if they continue to harass you for it.

Thank you,at least i now know what to do if he gets any further letters regarding this debt.

I have read since sending these letters that he should'nt sign them.

He signed both,but what i did was to put them in an oblong box like you would find on a passport application,then i put two horizontal and verticle lines through his signiture so they cannot be lifted.

I have been doing this for a while on anything that i sign.

would it better not sign at all.

you don't need to worry too much with SB's it's really for cca requests

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

if I had an SB debt with Muck Hall chasing it,I would have lots of fun baiting them

;)

He he:) Muck Hall replied this morning,the basis of the letter is asking my hubby to ring them to discuss the debt.Not a chance of that happening.

They have put the the debt on hold while they investigate:?

What part of my letter do they not understand,i sent the SB template.

I would like to have fun with this,got any tips;)

Muck Hall,have passed the debt to Meritforce doorstep collection agents.

We received a letter from them today dated 15/5/09.

I had posted a follow up letter to MH to reiterate the SB,i posted that last monday.

MH had said they put the account on hold while they investigate my query,a statute barred letter is not a query.

Do i send another SB letter to Meritforce,how do i stand on reporting MH?.

I did get hubbys credit file,no debts are listed on it,only three searches by Lowell.

Theres no defaults, CCJ's, nothing.

Thank you for your replies,i'll get onto it straight away.

I should of titled this thread MH.

The more of us complain the more chance we have of getting them shut down.

thank you again.:-)

• 3 weeks later...

It would seem as if these guy's either can't read or just don't get the message.

Meritforce have just sent another letter,only this time offering an amicable settlement.

I have sent two SB letters now.

Should i report to TS and OFT,this doe's seem like harrassment now.

They know full well it's a SB debt.

Edited by bsj
repeated info

Thank you both,i was reading another thread that Mc hall had been slapped again by the OFT,it did mention in the thread they might continue to chase a debt using meritforce.

I reported Mc Hall,now i understand that the two are one and the same,so i'll get on to reporting meritforce.

Do i need to reply to them with another SB letter or just go ahead and report them?.