MBNA have issued proceedings against me -please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As far as default charges go - they are arguably imposed under unfair contract terms and/or penalty clauses at common law and as such don't bind you - if they are included on a DN then arguably the DN is invalid - I say arguably because Rankine says they do't however I Rankine is wrong and I have an argument to deal with that.

The Defence does need amending

Ok thanks for that I note that you are busy his week as you advised in your previous post,would I be right in thinking that as per the directions posted previously we do not have to enter a new defence this week?I any case it may be that we will have more time anyway depending upon what happens tomorrow

As far as default charges go - they are arguably imposed under unfair contract terms and/or penalty clauses at common law and as such don't bind you - if they are included on a DN then arguably the DN is invalid - I say arguably because Rankine says they do't however I Rankine is wrong and I have an argument to deal with that.

The Defence does need amending

I think the sum quoted on the default notice does include some late payment fees and interest charges

Ok thanks for that I note that you are busy his week as you advised in your previous post,would I be right in thinking that as per the directions posted previously we do not have to enter a new defence this week?I any case it may be that we will have more time anyway depending upon what happens tomorrow

Yes - time shouldn't be a problem

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister