No CCA - so what?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In a thread about rip off clains firms someone referes to a comment by Citizens Advice that the claim that 80% of agreements are unenforceable is untrue because, in their experience, most are.

From following various threads here I gaine the impression that there is a good chance that older agreements are unenforceable.

For many of us getting the CCA or not is a significant step in our battle. Does the absence of a CCA really put us in a stronger position?

Personally, I was pleased to have the opportunity to feeel I was fighting back. But is it right to pin too much hope on the CCA stuffing the DCA?

Hi Mikey,

I can't remember who wrote it in another thread but

NO CCA = NO CCJ

So if they have no CCA then the debt is unenforceable BUT it seems that the DCA/OCs are like politicians who can't just say We do not have the CCA - sorry give us a fiver and we will go away.

I believe the the claims companies are using solicitors/barristers as a bullying technique and that the DCAs etc fear them more than us.

I wonder what harm has been done by people saying 'I will go to court or report you to FSA FOS etc' and then bottling it so the DCAs see this as an empty threat unless it comes on suitably headed notepaper.

At the end of the day the law is the law, it has been tested and should be applied.

GK