• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome picks another victim

rob20042513
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there PPI or other insurance on the loan. If so, write to welcome and request a copy of the underwriting sheet.

They won't give it to you, but there are some things you could do (which I hope to be able to give far more information about soon ;))

thanks everyone been brillaint so far, thank you,

If you could help with a letter for the lewis group so that I can rid of them

steve, I have no insurances on the agreement as when i rebooked i cancelled them

more advise, thanks

when you say 'rebooked' did you refinance?

If so, when they cancelled the insurance, did they give you a rebate on the premium or carry the whole lot over to the new agreement? bet they did!!

correct me if i wrong, but i was on here around the same time last year and seem to remember a certain regular person on this post assuring everyone that the end of welcome finance was imminent. Well they are obviously still around a year later so why is this suppose experienced person still advising people on welcome finance shananigans?, im confused now. this person was building up so many peoples hopes by saying welcome finance are finished, but obviously this was all rubbish and told by someone who clearly lied or was just living in hope because of his own welcome problems yea ???????

p.s....im still trying to find a success story with a welcome finance rip off on here, if anyone finds one then please forward to me so that i can copy lol

The main problem is welcome are gagging people that win so we dont ever get to hear the details :( I believe Andie_303 was the last big success....other than PPi....

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

The main problem is welcome are gagging people that win so we dont ever get to hear the details :( I believe Andie_303 was the last big success....other than PPi....

They won't be gagging me!!! Nobody has been able to do that in my 32 years on this planet so I hardly think I'm gonna start now!! :lol:

Hi ,

Just Want To Get Rid Once And For All, I Have Been Treated Like A Piece Of ****, If I Had The Money I Would Take Them To Court

This might be a personal question but if you are on certain benefits or a low income you can get court fee remission.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex160a_web_0709.pdf

WANABEDEBTFREESOON, CAN YOU HELP PLEASE WITH A LETTER

OR ANYONE ELSE WITH EXPERIENCE ON THIS AS i'M NOT UP WITH THE LAW

Ok chill! :D Calm down we will get this sorted :) They are not going to do anything to you in the immediate future. Think carefully about all your options and when you have decided I promise I will do all I can to help you :-)

correct me if i wrong, but i was on here around the same time last year and seem to remember a certain regular person on this post assuring everyone that the end of welcome finance was imminent. Well they are obviously still around a year later so why is this suppose experienced person still advising people on welcome finance shananigans?, im confused now. this person was building up so many peoples hopes by saying welcome finance are finished, but obviously this was all rubbish and told by someone who clearly lied or was just living in hope because of his own welcome problems yea ???????

Sparky,

Calling people liars is not helping anyone - exactly what are you contributing to this OP's thread to help. That's ok don't feel the need to answer "Nothing" as that is evident.

And furthermore if you are talking about who I believe you to be talking about not only does this person not have and "Welcome Problems" as he won his battle with them in a court many years ago (before you were even a member on this forum). He took action to back up his words - a lot more than some others do!

And BTW Sparky - I was a BIG welcome success and couldn't have got there without the help of this forum and the member you seem to be slagging off in particular. The point is that I was again pro-active I took them to court - not sitting on my backside hoping against hope they would go away!!

The point of this forum is to help - those join that need help - but it becomes a cycle - those that recieved help go on to give help.

At the moment I fail to see what you are giving - apart from snidey comments that whilst may be you opinion have no place taking up someone elses thread.

Have an issue? Start your own!

Ok!!

I Have A Brew In Front Of Me And Ready To Go, I Have Made My Choice And I Would Like To Just Get Rid Of. I Do Work But Just Cannot Afford Court With All My Other Expenses Going On.

I Would Like To Make It Clear That I Really Appreciate Your Help, So Lets Get Started So I Can Sleep Tonight!!!!

Ok!!

I Have A Brew In Front Of Me And Ready To Go, I Have Made My Choice And I Would Like To Just Get Rid Of. I Do Work But Just Cannot Afford Court With All My Other Expenses Going On.

I Would Like To Make It Clear That I Really Appreciate Your Help, So Lets Get Started So I Can Sleep Tonight!!!!

You should be able to sleep anyway!! :D There is absolutely nothing they can do to you, a court would laugh them out the building!! They screwed up big time and they know it! :wink:

They are a bunch of bullies and are doing their normal thing of trying their luck in the vain hope of scraping in some pennies as a result of the consumer's ignorance and fear. They're even trying it with me and I've got a court case in progress!! :eek:

Little do they know you have cag on your side ha ha :-D

If you a absolutely sure you don't want to go to court that's entirely up to you :-)

It will take a lot of effort on your part as they are not keen to go away easy and you may have to threaten court or invite them to take you. I will do you a letter but I don't want to make any promises I can't keep, so I'll be straight and say that I have a lot to do on my own case this morning and then a course this afternoon, so if you can hold out I'll try to get it to you tonight or at the very least tomorrow :-)

WANABEDEBTFREESOON,

i EXTREMELY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, SORRY FOR SOUNDING SELFISH i KNOW PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE OTHER COMMITMENTS i SUPPOSE i NEEDED SOME REASSURANCE,

i WILL LOOK FORWARD TO THE LETTER AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THIS SUPPORT, IT REALLY GOES TO SHOW YOU YOUR NOT ALONE OUTTHERE AND THERE ARE GENUINE PEOPLE WHO DO CARE. I CAME TO THIS FORUM LAST YEAR AND POSTGGJ WAS FANTASTIC I BELIEVE THERE TO BE SOME AMAZING PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WITH REAL CHARACTER AND PRINCIPALS.

IT'S GOING TO TAKE PATIENCE AND WORK BUT I PROMISE I'M PREPARED TO FIGHT, THANKYOU LET ME KNOW WHEN IT IS POSTED UP

COME ON THE CAGGERS!!!!!!!!!!:)

to andy 303 heyyyy i wasnt putting anyone down i was purely stating that i havnt seen welcome go down which was what was being promised lol, i dont come on here to judge anyone and was totally excited when i read that welcome finance was gonna be off the map, buttttt...that was a year ago and they are still going strong, i was just curious as to how that information was given when clearly it hasnt happened. I too have been ripped off completely by them so im in the same position as most poor folk on here, i did not make my comment lightly, i just seem to remember being glued to this forum 24/7 when it was being stated on here that welcome were going, like many many others on here who probably got just as happy as me to think i might be free of the welscum, i have had to refinance my car over and over, im never going to be free of a debt that started in 2004....yes thats right 2004, those b's have threatened me no end until i stupidly agreed to keep refinancing, im not a nasty person, im just frustrated that welscum are still existing, im sure anyone on here can understand that frustration, its great if someone has rarely managed to win their case but like me and thousands of others it seems we are just stuck with it..no insult was intended at all just pure hatred of anything to do with the stupid welscum idiots. rant over lol.

to andy 303 heyyyy i wasnt putting anyone down i was purely stating that i havnt seen welcome go down which was what was being promised lol, i dont come on here to judge anyone and was totally excited when i read that welcome finance was gonna be off the map, buttttt...that was a year ago and they are still going strong, i was just curious as to how that information was given when clearly it hasnt happened. I too have been ripped off completely by them so im in the same position as most poor folk on here, i did not make my comment lightly, i just seem to remember being glued to this forum 24/7 when it was being stated on here that welcome were going, like many many others on here who probably got just as happy as me to think i might be free of the welscum, i have had to refinance my car over and over, im never going to be free of a debt that started in 2004....yes thats right 2004, those b's have threatened me no end until i stupidly agreed to keep refinancing, im not a nasty person, im just frustrated that welscum are still existing, im sure anyone on here can understand that frustration, its great if someone has rarely managed to win their case but like me and thousands of others it seems we are just stuck with it..no insult was intended at all just pure hatred of anything to do with the stupid welscum idiots. rant over lol.

Thats fair enough Sparky but you did launch a personal attack on another (valued) CAG member - not the company and therefore I think you can see how people, like myself read it as an insult.

And as for welcome "going strong" I couldn't disagree with you more. They are in even more dire straits then they were this time last year. 12 months ago they had hope as a company they could restructure their way out of the mess they got themselves into - even they now except that will not happen.

However, the fact that you were glued to this site 24/7 12 months ago waiting for them to go down say's it all. Realistically if they did go down do people seriously think their debts would just magically disappear - credit files rectified etc - when they go down (and it is a when) you will be chased for the amounts by some even more scummy DCA's that have less morals than Welscum!!

I call it as I see it and people need to start taking some accountability for themselves, fighting the fight for themselves (with the help of CAG etc) rather than just sitting back and a) hoping they will go away or b) waiting for the company to fold.

I understand the fustrations all to well but I think there are better ways to channel the fustrations you have - take the fight to them rather than personal attacks to people on here that quite frankly don't deserve it.

They won't be gagging me!!! Nobody has been able to do that in my 32 years on this planet so I hardly think I'm gonna start now!! :lol:

And I dont doubt that for one second hun lol

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

WANABEDEBTFREESOON,

i EXTREMELY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, SORRY FOR SOUNDING SELFISH i KNOW PEOPLE ON HERE HAVE OTHER COMMITMENTS i SUPPOSE i NEEDED SOME REASSURANCE,

i WILL LOOK FORWARD TO THE LETTER AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THIS SUPPORT, IT REALLY GOES TO SHOW YOU YOUR NOT ALONE OUTTHERE AND THERE ARE GENUINE PEOPLE WHO DO CARE. I CAME TO THIS FORUM LAST YEAR AND POSTGGJ WAS FANTASTIC I BELIEVE THERE TO BE SOME AMAZING PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WITH REAL CHARACTER AND PRINCIPALS.

IT'S GOING TO TAKE PATIENCE AND WORK BUT I PROMISE I'M PREPARED TO FIGHT, THANKYOU LET ME KNOW WHEN IT IS POSTED UP

COME ON THE CAGGERS!!!!!!!!!!:)

Rob20 we all need abit of reassurance at times and you certainly have the lady for the job on your case ;) shes pulled me out of many a wobble :lol: Ill leave wannabe to do the letter but if I can help at all just shout I too have a case against them which is somewhere in the court system at the moment :lol: Wannabe: If i can help with anything whilst you are tied up give me a shout ill be around on and off anyway :D Keep your chin up Rob it may be a hard slog but justice WILL prevail! wannabe will make sure of it ;) check your entitlement to fee remission as well as you may be surprised as to the income you are allowed before you have to pay....just a thought as a back up plan :)

Andie303....no personal attack at all, just frustration as i said, it was being stated daily to all on here that they are doomed, every day was a countdown remember? ...welscum is finished...welscum is closing all its branches....welscum is folding...watch this space only a few weeks to go till they are gone...etc etc etc....thats what i am talking about, im not making personal attacks as I like most on here would love nothing more than to see them doomed but i just wonder where that information was sought from thats all, im not making a personal comment im purely stating that the info was misleading as they are still functioning a year later, yet the information led many to believe that they were gone, surely if that kind of info is dished out then it should be based on actual fact rather than hope, like i said, purely frustration, check out the thousands of comments and various posts, i dont see many people having anything solved much, i myself took a lot of the advice from the posts on here, I have not sat back and waited for it to GO AWAY as you state, i tried everything and got nowhere with it, obviously when i was reading that the welscum clan were going down i was happy, happy in the knowledge that it might be taken over by a competent company who treats you with respect unlike welscum have done to me and my family (turning up to reposess the car on the day of my fathers funeral even though i had called them the day before begging them to let me have a few days to call them back) i hate them with every part of me for that. I was not expecting the debt to go away that would just be silly eh ?

so why is this suppose experienced person still advising people on welcome finance shananigans?........... this person was building up so many peoples hopes by saying welcome finance are finished.............told by someone who clearly lied or was just living in hope because of his own welcome problems yea ???????

Seems pretty personal to me!

But not going to take up the OP's thread any longer - said what I had to say.