Welcome Car Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone can help me? I purchased a vehicle from Welcome Car finance back in 2005 over a 48 month period. I've kept up to date with most of my monthly payments, but I have fallen a bit behind and my agreement is up in july of this year and I've paid £8,770 so far. the total value of the agreement is 11,850.96. I called welcome today to advise them that i paid my monthly instalment and was told that my interest and on the arrears are accumulating and nearly at £2,000 they requested i make a final settlement of £3,100 and i basically told them where to go. tomorrow I will be sending a letter requesting they forward me a breakdown of the £2,000 that they say I owe. The rep also advised me that if i dont pay this they will repo the car. i told her she would need a court order and she said no they didnt need it. If i didnt need the car i would tell them to take it to be honest but i do rely on it heavily.

What i want to know is can the repo the car? can anyone advise me where i can get any legal advice as i really need someone to look over my agreement.

can someone point me in the right direction

Many thanks

i would be inclined to post in the welcome finance forum not in this forum.

anyhow, i think if you look at the agreement, you have paid far in excess of the required minimum to prevent this.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have a look at your agreement and it should state various amounts and timescales for terminating/repossessing the vehicle.

I beleive once over a third is paid they cannot repo unless they have a court order. If they do repo then you are entitles to all the money paid refunded.

It took ages for us to get a statement from them and they have charged hundreds of pounds in phone-calls (£10 a time)

It took ages for us to get a statement from them and they have charged hundreds of pounds in phone-calls (£10 a time)

wow wow

off you go on a reclaim then & don't forget the 8%!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have a look at your agreement and it should state various amounts and timescales for terminating/repossessing the vehicle.

I beleive once over a third is paid they cannot repo unless they have a court order. If they do repo then you are entitles to all the money paid refunded.

I have the same problem , can you actually claim some of this back? the obviously have to prove the breakdown of charges. Let me know as i want to do the same.

yes ALL charges it is a loan.

start your own thread.

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

i dealt with that company a few years ago and was in a kinda simialar situation paid about three and a half years of a five year deal they didnt repossess the car but did hound me for the outstanding arrears which was nearly double my original contract with all the added charges to save it going dwm the legal route they sent me a solicitors letter agreeing to a 25% reduction if i paid in full. so a dont think they will reposses your car but may hound you for the money

I've just had a whole load of charges waived from a friend's account (although the Agreement is not worth the paper it is written on and is in any event unexecuted by them!!!).

I'd go at them all guns blazing.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, Need your help.

I submitted a SAR to Welcome on the 2nd June 09, registered with a £10 postal order. Since then I have received 2 letters below out of the blue. the first one I ignored and I received the second one a couple of days ago. I usually receive a few calls from them within the months chasing payment. Since I sent Welcome are plotting something. If I don't receive the information requested (SAR) within 40 days, do i send them a reminder? Do i also reply to the letter they sent requesting where the vehicle is kept as ive moved a few times since. They have my address as the letters arrive so why do i need to reply to their letters. Can you please advise.

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

REQUEST UNDER SECTION 80 OF THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Re: Hire Purchase Agreement Number xxxxxxx

I refer to the above agreement which you have entered into with Welcome Finance. It requires you to keep the goods to which the agreement relates in your possession or control.

I Herby request, within 7 working days of receiving this letter, you inform me of where the vehicle with the following registration number is located:

XXXX XXX

If you fail to comply with the request and the default continues for 14 days, you will commit an offence Under Section 80 (2) of the consumer credit act 1974 for which you will be held liable. I you are in any doubt about your rights or obligations under the consumer credit act 1974, you should consult a solicitor.

Welcome Finance

its complete rollocks to scare you

see its headed with out prejudice

that means the letter cant be used in court

seen so meny of these scare letters

file under ignore

Thanks for the info. what should i do about the SAR which i have send over 40 days ago requesting all my financial records. Can someone advise me what to do now?

Have Your Track And Trace Number To Hand

Phone This Number Which Is Compliance And Take No Crap

Give Me My Sar Or Its Court

0845 618 7804

whats a track and trace number? i sent he letter and £10 fee by recorded delivery. sorry to be so thick....can you advise

The number on the RD letter you sent!

JOgs

Yes i have a receipt from the post office and another with the £10 fee sent. So you think i should call them? how long do they have to submit these before i go to court as ive really had enough now. The last converstation i had with them the wanted me to make a final settlement of £3k including all the admin, phone call and letter charges to me, but i said they will have to prove this, hence the SAR.

Thanks

hi all nearly 2years ago now i purchased a car frome welcome but the amount never seemed to go dwn! as im on maternity leave i was struggling to make the payments so 2wk ago i had my payments lowerd and signed the paper work but didnt realy want to as it look likes now im payimg even more than original. can i cancel or is it too late?

Have Your Track And Trace Number To Hand

Phone This Number Which Is Compliance And Take No Crap

Give Me My Sar Or Its Court

0845 618 7804

Just an update, Called Welcome today and they allegedly sent out the SAR in May. This is weird considering I sent the request in June. Anyway they advised that they well send it out recorderd delivery today. I probably shouldnt hold my breath.

Hi, I have just received the requested SAR. I've gone through it briefly and Welcome have charged me nearly 1,500 worth of capitalization fee, miscellaneous fees, HDPI Fees and ad hoc fees.

I will go through this statement and I will dispute most of the charges. I am outraged. Will keep you posted.

• 1 month later...

I've finally gone through my statement and need some advice regarding the below charges.

Capitalisation 820.68 - what are these charges for?

Ad Hoc Fee 772.16 - what are these charges for?

Credit Card declined fee 5.00 - only 2 credit card payments which were never declined

HDPI Fee 70.64 - what is this charge for?

Letter Fee 50.00 - no issue

Telephone Call Fee 30.00 - no issue

Total 1,748.48

Im more interested in Capitalisation, Ad Hoc Fee and HDPI Fees. Can i dispute these fees or ask Welcome advise me what they are for?