Lowell and barclaycard debt was paying them £101PCM but stopped

beerandy1969
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

beerandy, i was in debt with lowell and i found them really helpful, why are you trying to avoid paying something you obviously know you owe, that isnt right, surely if you have a geniune reason then fair enough but as far as i can see your simply trying to avoid paying what you owe perhaps if people owed up to what they owe and paid things back then debt collectors wouldnt have to threaten to send someone to your house. when i was in debt with them i ignored it and it just made things worse, im just glad i saw SENSE and did the responsable thing

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

beerandy, i was in debt with lowell and i found them really helpful, why are you trying to avoid paying something you obviously know you owe, that isnt right, surely if you have a geniune reason then fair enough but as far as i can see your simply trying to avoid paying what you owe perhaps if people owed up to what they owe and paid things back then debt collectors wouldnt have to threaten to send someone to your house. When i was in debt with them i ignored it and it just made things worse, im just glad i saw sense and did the responsable thing

lowells are your friend, lowells are really nice, lowells are really helpful..uhm, right. In my dealings with them they have displayed none of those qualities. In fact, i found them to be little more than sub-human ****, completely ignoring a valid dispute, trying to railroad me into making payment toward an unenforceable debt that they probably purchased for less than 10% of the face value. I didn't quite have the same epiphany that you seem to have had.

thats because i had debts with Lowells and Capquest and lowells were rather helpful thats all im saying, my experience with lowell was very recent but i did visit this sightl ooking for advice after a friend told me about it. im being totally honest i was wondering if i had to pay my debt in one go, which i cannot afford, but all i saw was conversations from people trying to avoid paying, i think that is morally wrong. Barfly sorry but you are way of your mark im a full time mum. if you dont want to believe my story then thats up to you

thats because i had debts with Lowells and Capquest and lowells were rather helpful thats all im saying, my experience with lowell was very recent but i did visit this sightl ooking for advice after a friend told me about it. im being totally honest i was wondering if i had to pay my debt in one go, which i cannot afford, but all i saw was conversations from people trying to avoid paying, i think that is morally wrong. Barfly sorry but you are way of your mark im a full time mum. if you dont want to believe my story then thats up to you

Then precisely why are you here do you have financial problems or do you simply want to express your 'high' morals AND I like the others don't believe your who you claim to be. Your probably connected to 'some' DCA

PS I don't normally comment on another's spelling/grammar but in your case I'll make an exception ...........its appalling

Your experience differs wildly to the point of fantasy from the experience of the vast majority of people, and about 99% of CAG.

It is not immoral to accept a gift, and if a creditor is unable to provide a properly executed true copy of the agreement, then what they have given you is in fact a Gift.

Given the amount of stress, strife, harrassment, and even suicides caused by these companies, then it is only right to expect them to adhere to every single aspect, intention and letter of the law that governs them and their behaviour. In fact, the only moral option with a company like Capquest is to not pay them, so that it adds up and they go bust.

The staff do not have to perform their jobs in such a nasty, rude, vindictive and unlawful manner. Management pressure be damned - I was only obeying Orders is simply not acceptable, at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your experience differs wildly to the point of fantasy from the experience of the vast majority of people, and about 99% of CAG.

It is not immoral to accept a gift, and if a creditor is unable to provide a properly executed true copy of the agreement, then what they have given you is in fact a Gift.

Given the amount of stress, strife, harrassment, and even suicides caused by these companies, then it is only right to expect them to adhere to every single aspect, intention and letter of the law that governs them and their behaviour. In fact, the only moral option with a company like Capquest is to not pay them, so that it adds up and they go bust.

The staff do not have to perform their jobs in such a nasty, rude, vindictive and unlawful manner. Management pressure be damned - I was only obeying Orders is simply not acceptable, at all.

Apparently Tracy used to work for Cap1 or their DCA:lol:

I wonder if Andy Bartle still prints his own money with his head on it? http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa5308/is_200801/ai_n21300998/

Last year, in the build up to Christmas, people who hit their KPIs earned 'Lowell banknotes' featuring our COO Andrew Bartle's head, which they could spend in a pre-Christmas auction.

Guest Cartaphilus

Oh, there were more than a few 'tell tales' there ... I never posted before but ... apart from the obvious.

but all i saw was conversations from people trying to avoid paying, i think that is morally wrong.

Shall we talk about 'morals'? Morals where people are threatened, terrified, humiliated, their humanity stripped away ... and all because someone on the end of a phone has the 'power' to do this and does it with such 'gusto' it seems because it's very easier to do because. Somehow I despair but wonder how much the ones making the calls, what if any sense of morality they possess in their 'moral' make up or 'fibre' has because most human beings would realize saying those things to other people on the phone is most definitely going to have a serious and detrimental affect on them. So, no, not 'morality'. People in debt are very often treated far far worse than serious and hardened, persistent criminals are. In fact, had I reported to the police what one DCA said to me on the phone a while ago I am fairly certain they would have taken an 'interest' as it was definitely a threat not to mention harassment. Did the person on the other end of the phone care? Not one bit, they considered they were on a 'moral high horse' to frighten me to the point I was in a state of panic at the time and told them I don't know how they expected to get away with saying things like to people. I wasn't trying to avoid debt, it was my first encounter with a DCA.

So, if anyone 'avoids' things it's the industry which thrives on reducing decent human beings into a very desperate state and despite everyone doing what they should do to reasonably deal with their debts ... where are the morals then? They don't exist. Thing is, those are then life long scars for that person because the fear, the threats don't go away as it's like any other kind of bullying, harassment.

From this thread...

and from another thread......

Re: Lowell has no credit agreement!?

if lowell bought this debt from Capital One
link3.gif
then the account will not be coming back to capital one, i know this as i used to work there, the account will be closed and you have got away with paying this back

Have you multiple personalities?

Tracey, how do you feel about Lowell trying to enforce a debt for which they have no executed credit agreement, being that it's against OFT guidelines, and possibly Sections 2 and 3 of the Fraud Act? is that morally wrong of them?

Free speech is great. There have been a few DCAs popping up on here in the past few weeks. But what this forum doesn't want is DCAs masquerading as members of the public. Do you really think you were going to win the hearts and minds of the members on here? UnF believable. Do you think we are that stupid? Obviously.

Lowells are subhuman ****. They had some clown from the resolutions centre spouting their imbecilic ramblings a few weeks back, and now you've turned up...

If you don't work for lowells then except my apologies. but i would urge you to transfer your devotion to something else. maybe religion...

• 7 months later...

Lowell like to offer solutions to situation then back track I notice. They told me they would provide copy of mobile phone agreement because I was saying I dont remember signing it and I know I wasnt given a copy, so if you are to persue me, prove I owe the money please.

They seem to have forgot and are now saying they dont have to provide agreement under cca.

Firstly I wasnt mentioning cca as know it doesn't cover mobile contracts, but was a little bemused that they could offer the agreement and then retract.

Thing is the call was recorded:madgrin:

I know why they havnt provided it, they havnt got one:lol:

You see both the store and head office couldn't come up with one some time ago. hhmmmm. Phone calls recorded xx

Instead they prefer to get personal re my medical condition, saying they understand it may make it harder for me to pay, so stump up the medical evidence etc, that I have said nope I dont have to or intend to, thats privy to me, my doctor or a court, they need to just take my word for it in putting note on my alleged account. Why would I pay for a non proven debt, do they think my illness makes me gullible?

Not where dcas are concerned anyhow.

But hang on lowell your word said you would source the contract, doesnt count for much does it, so I dont think I will be passing on my records to you if you cant do quit pro quo as hanibal lecture said. xx

If as tracy on here hints they are more amenable, then why not keep their word?

I dont like companies who say one thing and dont do it and put pressure on me, I tend to fight back.

ps. They are dca lost count as it was in dispute prior to leaving the phone company due to issue within first two weeks and them not providing any contract. Maybe they forgot to do one in their keeness to flog an unwanted phone to person on point of collapse in their store, so keen didnt do contract and phone was duff. 'We are in the business of selling phones, not sorting out problems' Store quote.

So unless provide contract and deal with initial issue on an account that should not have been sold, well they have bought a duff account. Luckily I remember what they advised me and phone company due to recording call.

Maybe lowells know that?

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011