• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Numerous statue barred debts - advice please, re current credit rating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all - I have had lots of laugths reading the threads on here regarding DCA, not at the problems and stress they cause, but at the letters written to them and the telephone calls!!! Keep it up folks!!!

I was in serious debt a few years ago - managed to sort some out like rent and council tax and ignored the rest - my priority was keeping my kids fed. Maybe I shoudn't have bothered, given my first thread about 15 yr old!!!

I intermitenly received letters from DCA's stating I owed money, but just ignored them.

I have checked my credit file, looks lovely, as no judgements or late payments and no adverse information, but notice that a couple of DCA's have been searching my file.

I intend to write to the companies asking why they have completed a search on my file and when they respond that I owe debt, I will write the statue barred letter to them, as these debts are, given that I got a morgage three years ago.

My questions are as follows:

1) Do the DCA searches show up to companies who are doing a agreed search, ie where I have applied for a loan and given my agreement to them completing a search?

2) If above is yes, then how come? Don't I have to give signed agreement for someone to access my credit file?

3) How can I get the searches deleted as I know the debts are statue barred?

I am coming up to changing morgage deal and I don't want to be refused a good deal cos these lowlifes bough a debt for fiver and want to charge me £100000's.

The kids dad has left and thinks giving them a pound when he see's them on the street is upkeeping his kids, so I need every penny I get.

Many thanks for reading -

I think i am getting addicte dto this site!!

Actually, I will do the CCA letter first and get them to prove I owe the debt. Do people agree??

Many thanks fro reading and please answer!!!!!!

I'm rather interested by the fact that searches have been undertaken by DCA's of your credit file without your consent.

I, perhaps naively, didn't think that this was permitted without your consent.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thats what I am thinking and I understand they are kept on your file for two years, so this would show as adverse credit.

Given data protection and the fact that DCA's get it wrong, why are they allowed to do this, without consent?????

Advise please!!

Are you sure that it is visible? When I opened an account with the National Lottery, for some reason (Identity) I presume, they did a search of my credit file, I was told that a search like this isnt visible to others, hopefully this is true, seems to be

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

It is visable - I checked my credit file and it shows searches by DCA's and then when you go into the searches box, it tell's you it is visable.

How can they get away with this without consent??

Any views on the letter's ie CCA letter before statue barred???

I don't want to get them in the wrong order or start something thats gonna give me grief!!!

Cheers!

Unrecorded Searches Are Not Seen By Lenders

The Only Exception To This Is A Dca Nasty

Outstanding Debt

That Does Show

I HAVE LOADS OF UNRECORDED SEARCHES AS I AM FOR EVER LOOKING ON LINE AT MY CREDIT FILES, ITS RECORDED BUT NOT SHOWN TO ANY ONE ELSE

• Haha 1

I know the debts are statue barred - they don't show on my credit file and I have not respeonded to any communication for over 6 years.

How do I get tough??

What do you mean it should not be there? I don't think it should be there, but I don't know what to base this on?

This is the info I need please people. please respond!!!!

Sorry - the point I was making seems to have been lost.

The debts are statue barred as over 6 years

DCA's are searching my credit file and leaving their searches on my file.

How can they do this?

What can I do to resolve?

OK, what you need to do is to contact the Information Commissioners Office and state that you have no outstanding debts and that there seems to be some DCA's searching your credit file, tell them that you want to make a complaint. also, contact Trading Standards, To be perfectly honest, I do not know if it is ok for them to do this, but you may as well kick up a big stink.

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Been a little out of this, my research is 2 years old and could be out of date.

DCA's were not allowed to look at all the information on CRA files. They were given a special interface to trace people and had access to names/addresses/DOB, possibly electoral register information too. The interface did not leave a trace on CRA records.

The industry wanted to stand in the shoes of the original lender. They wanted the same access as other lenders. There was a bill proposed to allow them more access, I do not know if this ever went through. There was certainly opposition against it with one cagger (T-Bern) creating a petition against access. The Cabot fan club will definately know the current position, those still around are Andrew1, Elizabeth1 and Rhia.

Anyhow as the debts are statute barred, IMHO the searcher should be aware of that and should not be attempting to defame your character after 6 years at all.

Been a little out of this, my research is 2 years old and could be out of date.

DCA's were not allowed to look at all the information on CRA files. They were given a special interface to trace people and had access to names/addresses/DOB, possibly electoral register information too. The interface did not leave a trace on CRA records.

The industry wanted to stand in the shoes of the original lender. They wanted the same access as other lenders. There was a bill proposed to allow them more access, I do not know if this ever went through. There was certainly opposition against it with one cagger (T-Bern) creating a petition against access. The Cabot fan club will definately know the current position, those still around are Andrew1, Elizabeth1 and Rhia.

Anyhow as the debts are statute barred, IMHO the searcher should be aware of that and should not be attempting to defame your character after 6 years at all.

Cabot Fan Club? - we know nuuuttin ! :D

tbern123 and Seahorse, they're the one's you're after, take a stroll down some of these threads..

Sorry to disappoint you folks, but I don't actually know the answer :roll: Laid off the dca's for a holiday, got sick of waking up thinking about Cabot all the time - Ken Maynard in ya face each day and he's no pretty polly :D

Anyway, I digress.

The CRA's are a law unto themselves, think they are the law and nobody should question them. Big mistake...but they do keep this hidden data, certain dca's have access to credit info, but you'd need to speak to each of the CRA's to ask specifically, emailing them brings results within 2 days so prepare your questions and keep asking as awkward a question as you want answered. Then pop back here and we'll try and advise how to deal with each specific case. You obviously have a number of creditors from the past and if DCA's have bought into this delinquent debt then they need reminding of a few protocols. Remember though, just because an account is statue barred doesn't mean there's no money to collect, it's just they can't enforce it and shouldn't be trying to collect. Some of the more notorious dca's who occasionally get a good knuckle wrapping from the OFT like Mckenzie Hall will drop letters through the box on SB debts in the hope of picking up some easy money as they pay very little (2p in the £) for this kind of debt...big bucks if they collect from some unsuspecting debtor who hasn't found CAG yet.

• Haha 1

Cheers -

I will email equifax and ask why they are allowing DCA to view my file without my permission and under what legislation they are allowing this to happen.

Then I will go to the information commiosioner offiice and trading standards to complain.

I won't contac them direct as they have not written to me, so I don't want to admit anything to them.

If I get hassle I don't understand I will be back!!