Buchanan Clark & Wells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

During the last few weeks we have had a number of letters from BC&W demanding payment of £18 for money they say we owe to Orange as our internet provider.

We left Orange at least two years ago and in order to move we needed a code that allowed our new provider to take over. To get the code our account with Orange had to be cleared in full which it was. If it hadn't been cleared they wouldn't have provided the code.

BC&W phoned last week and we told them about the payment being made so the code could be released. Fine they said, we will mark that on your file. Yesterday another letter and today another phone call demanding payment.

We know that £18 isn't a lot of money but we paid this account so it would be closed and the code could be released. We don't understand where this has come from and are going mad trying to get them to understand.

Does anyone have any advice?

Hi, Qohldrs.

I'll move this thred to the Telecoms Forum, think you might get help there, if not I'll move you back :rolleyes:

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Firstly, the code you are referring to - the MAC cannot be withheld pending payment of your account, so whilst I accept you probably paid their demand, it is not proof positive it was paid when the code is given and service ties released.

Clearly, Orange have passed the debt to the DCA, so it is to them you need (Orange) to chase up, stating when and how you made the final payment. At the same time you want them to ensure that any adverse credit data, they have entered concerning the alleged payment be removed from your credit file immediately.