ex-boss still trading after redundant

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my boss laid my partner off after 9yrs told him on the 21/4 there was no work and bank would not lend him any more money etc.have done neccessary thing to reclaim money but have been informed that boss is still trading in same type of work he has slightly changed the firms name can he do this or should we be contacting somebody about this as my othere half has had no lieu of notice,holiday pay or redundancy and his ex-boss says we have to claim this off the government which i feel stinks as he is still able to trade.

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

EDIT: Thread moved.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Can you tell us if the original Company was a "Ltd" liability or not and do you know if the Company was actually disolved and if so for what reason?

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

hi yes it was a ltd company, partner told on 21/4 no work recieved P45 on the 24/4 with pay for that week.contacted acas & raised a letter of grievance for holiday pay,lieu and redundancy as advised and given to ex-employer who has till next week to reply to.Recievers have NOT been called in he has changed the name of company slightly and we know he has given quotes in the last week under the new name.

You seem to have done what is required at the moment. Wait to see what the employer has to say but I would suggest that your partner has good grounds for an Unfair Dismissal Claim, based on the fact that no notice was given.

Beau

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)