Halifax CCA request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Received a leter yesterday from Halifax stating that I have no grounds to complain that the promotion rate was revoked -they have sent me a typed copy of terms and conditions with a pargraph stating that if late payment or missed payment etc the promotion rate can be revoked blah blah blah.. there is no date at the bottom of this typed document - the previous one they sent when I CCA'd them was dated 02/09 at the bottom - and they wil be taking the mater further. I have taken my complaint to the FOS - at hte moment this is toing and froing of paperwork - fingers crossed - someone will have sense to understand why this situation arose and to reinstate the low rate!!! or am I looking through my rose tinted glases that I so often wear?

Halifax Card (OH) -2.9% reinstated - Sucess!

Santander/House of Fraser (1) PPI Refund plus 8% plus LOC

Santander/House of Fraser (2) PPI Refunded plus 8% plus LOC

Penalty Charge Notice - Representation accepted and PN cancelled - £120

Received a leter yesterday from Halifax stating that I have no grounds to complain that the promotion rate was revoked -they have sent me a typed copy of terms and conditions with a pargraph stating that if late payment or missed payment etc the promotion rate can be revoked blah blah blah.. there is no date at the bottom of this typed document - the previous one they sent when I CCA'd them was dated 02/09 at the bottom - and they wil be taking the mater further. I have taken my complaint to the FOS - at hte moment this is toing and froing of paperwork - fingers crossed - someone will have sense to understand why this situation arose and to reinstate the low rate!!! or am I looking through my rose tinted glases that I so often wear?

The point here LB, is that they appear to have a complete document. The terms on the reverse are probably generic, but from what I can see, the prescribed terms appear to be there. Is there any mention of ballance for life interest rates anywhere within the document?

They would have to produce the actual document in court though.

You still have the DN to fall back on, when terminated.

Whats DN? (blonde remember!)

- I am not disputing the CCA agrement - signuature is there - no there is no mention of the promotion rate anywhere - which is my disagreemet - 1) the rate is not listed or mentioned anywhere and two on my original agreement it does not state what will happen- the wording is quote:

"Missing Payments

Misisng Payments could have severe consequences and make obtaining credit more difficult"

Up until my serious dispute I was paying -although I have kept the payment money aside (how I haven't raided it on numerous ocassions) my dispute is that I did not miss payment - merely the statement did not arrive and I knew it was due about the end of the month - with everyday life stresses did not realise Feb was 28 days (did I mention the blonde thing) - so paid it two days late in branch (blind no statement) - the previous incident was in November (short story) used Express envelope drop off - received a phone call that evening asking how much was put in and was told that it was £20 short - I had no other money than making that payment in my purse - I had no proof of how much I put in or that the employee was telling the truth - she didn't inform me that I needed to pay another £20 nor did she tell me that my rate woudll be revoked - although I did request that she put a note on the system - aparently there is no record!!! - the rate was reinstated after I wrote a letter and therefore their point is that I had the rate reinstated previouly. Under the circumstances I think that is harsh!!! So we are at the FOS's mercy

Hi LB,

A DN is a default notice... It's what they issue if you get into arrears and they ask for the arrears by a certain date or they threaten you with all sorts of dastardly things. ;)

I agree their treatment of you has been extremely harsh but in the current climate all the banks are looking for every opportunity to claw money from the unsuspecting consumer at every opportunity and use every loophole in their favour possible.

If you bank or save with them you could always threaten to withdraw your custom etc. but if not, you'll just have to use every 'consumer friendly' angle you can.

Sorry not much help,

Spam. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Hi LB,

A DN is a default notice... It's what they issue if you get into arrears and they ask for the arrears by a certain date or they threaten you with all sorts of dastardly things. ;)

I agree their treatment of you has been extremely harsh but in the current climate all the banks are looking for every opportunity to claw money from the unsuspecting consumer at every opportunity and use every loophole in their favour possible.

If you bank or save with them you could always threaten to withdraw your custom etc. but if not, you'll just have to use every 'consumer friendly' angle you can.

Sorry not much help,

Spam. :)

If you bank with them, now is the time to set up a parachute account

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter from FOS dealing with it but have lots of people requesting their assistance! - wanted copies of all letters received from Halifax! Will update as and when.

• 2 weeks later...

No update as yet - a;though just the letters from FOS saying they are looking into it but they are extremely busy!

• 1 month later...

Good News - never give up - keep battling!!! 5.9% reinstated!!! :D

Halifax had been constantly ringing - refused to talk to me despite authorisation on account (this is husbands acct) - really wanted to sort this out as I was not disputing whether there was a signature on the CCA but the withdrawl of low balance transfer rate.

After non payment for about 5 months - they said that husband had to ring - will not respond in writing only on the phone - finally got "the bloke" to ring and he passed the phone to me - the Halifax man actually confirmed that there is authorisation on the account for me to speak (finally someone with a working brain!). He couldn't believe that this was still going on - read through the computer notes and he felt it was my fault for making the payment late and that was the end of the matter - after quite a few silent moments onthe telephne, me thinking the phone had been put down - him thnking I had ended the call, kids shouting for their dinner, me explaining why I felt that the decision made by the Halifax was wrong because in the CCA there is no mention that the low balance transfer can be revoked - he spoke to his superviosr - who had an email from another manager confirming that if the mising payments of £700 was made within 72 hours then the rate of 5.9% would be reinstated but this is a last chance and a payment must never be late again or missed. I questioned whether because this was a decision on the telephone was it a ploy to get payment from me and then the rate would not be reinstated - I had a guarantee - he read the emails back to me - he double checked that this was the case - I explained that although I had not been making the payments I had the money set aside to pay when the Halifax showed some humanity for a human error. I know that it is always advised to get the agreement in writing but I have put my trust in him and also set up a DD so that I will not be in the situation again.

Waiting anxioulsy fo the next statement for confirmation - as stated previously this means that a payment of £125 wil result in about £30 of interest the remainder off the balance which will start shrinking - very slowly but definately shrinking!

Thats one down another 6 to go!!!!

I've just passed all my stuff to a solicitor. I don't have any more time to waste trawling through endless threads on here, only to get a smidgen of correct information or direction, amongst all the babbling and back-patting for tiny successes. These successes are doing nothing to change the behaviour of creditors and DCAs. It's only the legal action which is making these companies sit up and listen.

These companies need to have their asses kicked, and I believe that only a solicitor can do that. Yes, I'm going to have to pay for it too, but this site does not help the majority of people. There is far less help here than people are prepared to admit, and no defenses against the illegal behaviour of these unscrupulous lenders.

Edited by iddles10

I've just passed all my stuff to a solicitor. I don't have any more time to waste trawling through endless threads on here, only to get a smidgen of correct information or direction, amongst all the babbling and back-patting for tiny successes. These successes are doing nothing to change the behaviour of creditors and DCAs. It's only the legal action which is making these companies sit up and listen.

These companies need to have their asses kicked, and I believe that only a solicitor can do that. Yes, I'm going to have to pay for it too, but this site does not help the majority of people. There is far less help here than people are prepared to admit, and no defenses against the illegal behaviour of these unscrupulous lenders.

This is a self help forum, not a free advice shop.

Just had a phone call from the man at the Halifax - my daughter answered the phone and my look of horror when she said "here's my mum" turned to joy when he confirmed that the low balance transfer rate of 5.9% has been reinstated!!!! :grin::grin::grin:

• 4 weeks later...

Just received first statement and yes definately the low balance transfer has been reinstated!

Now to chip away at the balance for many years to come - as this card is never going to be used again! No matter what the emergency!!!

Never give up - keep battling!!!