NatWest threatening DCA when account is in dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I CCA'd them ages and haven't heard from them since February. I notified them I considered the account being in dispute. Today they threaten to pass the account to a DCA.

I've been browsing the template library unsuccessfully; does anyone have the template letter telling them to back off which they could post here, or put a link up?

The account in dispute letter makes it clear that the account can not be passed to a third party, Natwest will be fully aware of this however it won't stop them passing it on to an external DCA. If they do then just send the 'bemused' Account in Dispute Letter which will dispatch with the DCA.

This is what I have done with Sharklycard & Halifax.

ska

Ah, I was going to send NatWest a gentle reminder that they shouldn't sell the account. I fully expect them to do so anyway...

How are you getting on BTW, did your DCA's back off after the bemused letter or are they still hassling you? How long ago did you send it?

Fair do's, I suppose it's not worth them wasting their time chasing a debt they bought for a few quid when there are (unfortunately) more pliable targets out there for them to pursue...

What about defaults, did BC and HFax default you? Capone did with me before passing it on to RW.

I've not had any defaults placed by the DCA's in the cases where I've sent the bemused letter.

You're correct in that they drop the case like a hot potato once they realise that you are not going to be easy prey, why have the hassle with you when there are 12 easy targets for every one of us who will pay up under their threats.

ska

I've not had any defaults placed by the DCA's in the cases where I've sent the bemused letter.

Sorry, should have made myself clear, did the OC's place defaults before passing to the DCA's? Just wondering, because there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule with different people here having different experiences...

Halifax yes, but Sharklycard no.

However Halifax placed the default after defaulting on the CCA so in time I will look at having it removed as it was done incorrectly on a disputed account.

ska

Naughty naughty...Report them to TS and the OFT for breaching OFT guidlines and the CPUTR 2008.