won Claim for return of College fees-service not provided - now Suing for loss of earnings.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm liking that letter, thanks LP.

No problemo.

I happened to take a photocopy of the actual cheque that I paid in, shall I attach a copy along with the DG's letter?

Yes. That's going to be clearer than their copy.

Also FYI, I've not had any notice from Watford County Court relating that HSBC has dropped their application. I think I'm going to call the court tomorrow to see what is going on.

The court won't send you notice. They're not supposed to. You can call to confirm the application's been withdrawn if you want. Won't do any harm I suppose.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK all done and ready to post. Thanks LP.

No problemo.

Keep us posted.

If they call you insist that they respond in writing, and hang up. Make sure they're calling about that issue though. (You don't want to hang up if they're calling about your general banking facilities.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

Posted SD today.

Got a letter through today from Watford County Court.

It reads;

"Take notice that the court has sent the application for judgement to be set aside by post and the envelope has been returned to the court marked: "Insufficient address".

The document is nevertheless served unless the address given on it is not the relevant address for purposes of rule 6.5 of the Civil Procedure Rules."

What the hell does all that mean LP???

Posted SD today.

Got a letter through today from Watford County Court.

It reads;

"Take notice that the court has sent the application for judgement to be set aside by post and the envelope has been returned to the court marked: "Insufficient address".

The document is nevertheless served unless the address given on it is not the relevant address for purposes of rule 6.5 of the Civil Procedure Rules."

What the hell does all that mean LP???

Sounds like the application of HSBC was sent to LITR too (as it should be) and was returned to sender.

Received a letter from HSBC saying gthey are looking into the matter.

Good.

Would it not be wise to send a copy of the letter I sent to HSBC's head office to the person that sent me the letter telling me to obtain another cheque?

You're asking if you should send your letter of complaint to the incompetent nincampoop who couldn't see the cheque is from Horribly Slow Bank Clerks themselves?!?! Never! You're complaining about that idiot and the idiot's team, so sending the idiot a copy of the letter, would be like saying the idiot isn't as stupid as the idiot is!

No, I was talking about sending him a copy, not writing to him.

That's what I wrote, and is just as ridiculous an idea!

ok, i think this is actually over now, they debited the money requested into my account.

phew, at last.

Thanks again LP for all your help! I shall be making a donation to to the CAG forums too. can someone suggest an appropriate amount?

Nobody can tell you what's appropriate.

That's for YOU and YOU ONLY to decide.

It's not over. You are entitled to compensation for their botchup. If they don't send you a letter offering satisfactory compensation, then we prepare a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service once 8 weeks have gone by from the date they received it.

Also we need to notify the court that the judgment debt has been paid - wait till you get confirmation from HSBC that it was paid into your account, in case they botch up again and withdraw it.

Don't worry, unless they botch up again, there should be no more Special Delivery. Maximum of 1st class Recorded/SignedFor, but otherwise 1st class regular or fax.

Wait till you get a letter from them confirming this before doing anything. You never know with banks!

• 2 weeks later...
I have the letter and will be emptying my bank account and switching banks very soon!

thank you all for your help especially you LP!

About bleeding time too! Please can you give me some pleasure and post up the letter - minus confidential details - as an attachment here?

We also need to write a letter to the court and to DG Solicitors to tell them the payment has finally been made and the court should mark the judgment as satisfied.

Also are you intending to take action for loss of earnings? If you are I recommend you stay with Horribly Slow Bank Clerks till that action is over as your being a good customer might at least speed up a settlement - on the odd occasion.

please see attached...

And yes I would most definitely like to pursue my loss of earnings.

Put it into Word or PDF with PrimoPDF please!

As usual attaching as an image messes it up!

Great! I'm keeping this browser window open and later tonight I hope to pop back with proposed letters for you to send to the court & DG Solicitors that closes this section.

Once those are sent off - by fax - please come back here and I'll tell you what you need to do - Witness Statement from boss and the like - before we can go ahead with more proceedings. But I doubt I'll be able to actually help you to issue them till late March earliest, but that's Ok. We'll get LBA's off next week and give them 4 weeks to respond!

I'd like to separate the loss of earnings into a new thread when we're ready, but I'll deal with that tomorrow or Tuesday, when you have confirmed that you've faxed off the letters.

Ok, I was just wondering. Can we not just tell HSBC to pay up based on the fact that I've now passed my exams and the fact that they will not win; instead of getting witness statements etc etc etc?

You need to prove your claim! What do you think they'll pay up because you ask for money! I wish life was that simple!

but wouldn't the proof just be my proof of passing my exams?

NO!!!!

I don't believe you're that thick, so please don't behave that thick! So you write to HSBC saying I passed my exams and lost a grand in loss of earnings because of the incompetence & negligence of LITR for which you're jointly and severally liable under s75.... Pay up! What the hell do you think they'd write? Obviously, prove your loss!!!! Duh! Please! You are smarter than that! I hope!