URGENT Adive needed about parking on single solid white lines.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Right, so let me set the scene here....

I live in a narrow street (terraced houses) where everybody has off road parking except for this one old man who has a self made drive....anyway the kerb has been dropped and there is a singe white solid line running along the length of the dropped kerb and is ended off at each end (like a 'H' shape line)....

For years this old man has been knocking on my door threatening to call the police for parking on the white line.....In reality my car is never on the white line....the tyres do not cross over it but about 1 inch of the front trim of my car does....even this however seems to wind him up so much that he kicks up a fuss....he can comfortably get his car in and out without any problems (and thats after having the white line extended!!!!)

What I want to now is there anything I can slap on my front screen when I park there to show him that I am now in the wrong?? i.e. some official law???....Maybe I am in the wrong but can someone tell what the crack is??

Thanks!!

i.e. some official law???....

I can't imagine what an unofficial law is!

Anyway, these white lines are for informational and not regulatory. Any ticket would be issued based on the opinion of the issuing authority (Police or CEO). Parking over the line is not an offence in itself, but if you are causing an obstruction, then that is.

The white line is "helpful" courtesy to the driver to indicate the dropped kerb or driveway. The white line has no legal standing but parking across a dropped kerb is an offence. Noticing the white line is sometimes easier than noticing the start of the dropped kerb.

From the way you describe it, as long as the police agree with you that you are not obstructing the driveway, then I think he has very little claim.

Guest wino

We have had this question before, not the white line one but parking in front of someones drive.. Apparently you cannot park across a drive blocking someones car on there BUT you CAN park across it when there is no car on the drive...Daft rule I know...

My neighbour had a problem with someone parking across his drive and called the Police. They said they could not do anything as the car in question was taxed, mot'd and legally parked:confused: