Purchased car and have problems

UK26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I purchased a Trade Car from a local garage today only cost £400 for a Corsa 1995 N Reg

got the car home and noticed there is a fuel leak, also there appears to be a leak from a pipe going to the back well

The garage said the car is sold as seen with no warranty

where do i stand with this? not even had the car 8 hours before i noticed the problems

Edited by UK26

No such thing as a 'trade car' or 'sold as seen' if you are a consumer.

IMO, if the vehicle is leaking fuel, it is unroadworthy and the dealer is liable (as it is illegal for a trader to sell an unroadworthy vehicle)

You need to determine what the other leak is before any opinion can be formed as to its importance.

You do need to remember though that a vehicle of this age at this price is likely to have faults due to age and wear & tear. I suggest taking it for an MoT test to see if it is roadworthy or not.

been back to garage today, refused to sort the fuel problem out

anyway, took the car to Vauxuall and they replaced the fule pipe which was the caulse of the leak, with there time it cost me £40

now had to call the AA out yet again - OIL leak, need a new Oil SUMP

Also there is a burning smell from the engine

going to send the Garage a Car Rejection Letter

does anyone have a templete for a rejection letter

My Letter

Dear Sir

I purchased a Vauxhall Corsa – Registration ****** from you on 12th May 2009 at 15:18pm.

Since I have driven this vehicle, I have discovered some serious faults with the car. The first was a fuel leak.

The AA attended on 13th May 2009 at 10:15am of which identified the fault to be a pipe. You advised, I had to purchase the pipe at my own costs. And that you would fit the pipe on Saturday 16th May 2009. However I have been to Vauxhall Marshals at Peterborough and purchased the pipe required. The cost of this pipe was £22.94 Vauxhall agreed to fit the pipe at cost of £16.00

I have since called the AA out yet again on 13th May 2009 at 20:43pm following a further leak from the engine area. The AA technician identified the fault to be the Oil Sump rotted throughout and a new oil sump is required.

There is also a burning smell coming from the engine area and a noise from the back which the AA technician advised this could be a suspension issue.

I have been advised Not to drive the car as doing so will caules the problem to get worse.

Therefore, considering the vehicle was only purchased on 12th May 2009 and within 24 hours, more then 1 serious problem has been identified. I now require a full refund within 7 days.

Notice of Vehicle Rejection

working on this now

Edited by UK26

You should mention sale of goods act; unroad worthy/dangerous; may have to take him to court though and/or get trading standards involved.

If seriously bad they should prosecute but wont help you though.

update

Now been given a full refund so all is ok

however, i have paid for repairs, which he refused to refund me, so i said i will send him a 14 day letter formally asking for the money, or court action will be taken, he was not too happey when i said that.