SCS - Your help please!

Achelois
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My MIL ordered two x three seater sofas from SCS in February. Two weeks after ordering these, they contacted her to say they had lost her bank details and could she provide them again. She refused and told them to cancel the order.

Tonight (12th May), they contact her to say delivery will be on Tuesday. She stated she cancelled the order with the person who rang for her bank details. The woman apparently from Head Office told her that if she did not hand over her bank details, she would have to pay for the order in full on Friday this week instead of being able to take advantage of the 6 month 0% interest option she had initially signed up to. Out of fear of having to pay in full on Friday, and despite arguing, she *stupidly* gave them her details. They said that she had to have the sofas now as it was too late to cancel at this point. As she doesnt understand her right to cancel and worries about her house being "Blacklisted" she gave in and accepted what they were telling her.

I just wondered if anyone in the know could give us any advice please as I feel they are operating sharp practice and forcing someone to take something they clearly do not want.

Thanks for your help

A x

I should add that she is frightened not to accept delivery as this person insisted she has technically purchased and "must" have them, and is also concerned that they could just debit the money now they have her details anyway....

Can anyone help with this please? I want to refuse delivery for her on Tuesday but want to know legally where I stand so I dont cause her any long term issues

Thanks a lot for any help