Royal Mail Claim: advice needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick bit of background:

I posted two phones off to a mobile phone recycling company (both the same type) as they'd offered £62 each. They advised me to send them Special Delivery due to the value which I did.

They were both sent in the same package; one of the phones arrived safe and sound, the other was damaged in that the screen was cracked.

The company offered me a reduced price for the damaged phone. Knowing Special Delivery covered me for consequential loss I accepted the lower price with a view to claiming the difference back from Royal Mail.

I submitted the claim form and received a letter back today asking me to send the damaged item and packaging to Royal Mail for examination.

I'd already asked about the packaging when the phone company informed me it was damaged; the packaging was not available due to the volume of phones coming into them; they open the packages the phones go off to be checked and the packaging goes into the bin. Since you use the jiffy bag they provide to return the phone all the incoming packages are the same. So I have no package to give Royal Mail. Likewise, the phone will have been recycled/refurbished.

Do I have an arguement with Royal Mail, or does it look like I am stuffed?

Stuffed! :( The request for the packaging is to allow them to assess the level of packaging - as it also gives them a method of getting out o the packaging should it be insufficient. :(

On a different note - if you only used their bag and did not use any additional protection, the screen would be the first thing to go with the pressure from adjacent mailbags - even with Special Delivery.

Stuffed! :( The request for the packaging is to allow them to assess the level of packaging - as it also gives them a method of getting out o the packaging should it be insufficient. :(

On a different note - if you only used their bag and did not use any additional protection, the screen would be the first thing to go with the pressure from adjacent mailbags - even with Special Delivery.

Ah well, SD was a waste of time then...

The package was a bubble pack jiffy bag. I've sent many phones through the post over the years and this is the first time I've seen a problem.

They could haver lost it totally! The LCD screens cannot take much pressure, and if the G force is high enough, it will split or bleed, this is why they need to be boxed in transit. YOu must have been lucky earlier, as I have had 2 phones arrive with a bust screen when only bubblewrap is used.