intrum justicia/paypal

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4154 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just some quick advice if poss

in december i sold some items to the usa on ebay, posted them immediately and got proof of postage from the post office (but no tracking number). The items were sent to a chap at a hotel address. A month or so later he contacted me to say that he still had not received the goods and was indeed not staying at the hotel at the time the goods were sent (even though he still uses this as his address on ebay). long and short is he appealed to paypal who deducted £44.40 from my account which at the time had no money in it. Intrum justicia are now contacting me to get the money back and today i got a letter from a solicitor stating that they will take me to court.

I have proof i sent the goods and acteddiligently and feel the chap in the usa was pulling a 'fast one' I have no intention of caving in to their demands for payment but wondered how i should word the response

cheers Woodwa5:cool:

Just some quick advice if poss

in december i sold some items to the usa on ebay, posted them immediately and got proof of postage from the post office (but no tracking number). The items were sent to a chap at a hotel address. A month or so later he contacted me to say that he still had not received the goods and was indeed not staying at the hotel at the time the goods were sent (even though he still uses this as his address on ebay). long and short is he appealed to paypal who deducted £44.40 from my account which at the time had no money in it. Intrum justicia are now contacting me to get the money back and today i got a letter from a solicitor stating that they will take me to court.

I have proof i sent the goods and acteddiligently and feel the chap in the usa was pulling a 'fast one' I have no intention of caving in to their demands for payment but wondered how i should word the response

cheers Woodwa5:cool:

hi

Submit a claim to the Royal Mail for item being lost. Send in the original proof of posting and your proof of value is the end of auction page.

Claim form to be found here : - scroll to the bottom of the page and its the international one you need

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=69800733&mediaId=80300735

• Haha 1

Hi, Excellent advice for you, but I would also write to IJ and tell them you have no intention of defaulting on this amount, and are indeed taking the above steps, but will need more time, as it has taken you time to get all the information together to make the claim as e-bay and PayPal have been very unhelpful.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.