PayPal Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

OK, a few weeks ago I received a letter from a company called iqor recovery services. The letter says I owe £51.45 to PayPal. Now Paypal have been trying to get hold of me (I just assumed that was because I went overdraft with my bank and my Paypal account was closed until the matter was resolved). Surely you can't get in debt with Paypal? If you had no money in your paypal account then they cannot lend you the money without you asking, can they? So, it would be an overdraft with my bank and not Paypal.

Anyhow, this letter clearly states: Do not contact them (paypal) regarding this matter, as they will refer you to us. Is this a joke or what? They have attached a cheque and want me to give them my debit card number ect. Or I can phone them up. Well, they've been phoning me nearly every day after the money.

Today, they rang and I spoke to a woman. She said I owe the money to PayPal and it needs to be paid today. The woman was very rude and tried to bully me into paying. I asked what for and then she said I was shouting and said she will allow legal proceedings to take place. I asked I want to know why I have to pay, she goes no you dont have to know and put the phone down on me. :eek:

I dont fancy going to court so I need help on what I need to do next.

I have to ask, though. Am I liable for a debt at 17?

Any help much appreciated.

Actually they do have to tell you why.

They also have to provide you with proof that you owe anything at all.

Send them this letter.........

Dear Sir/Madam,

Reference no: 00000000000

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

Thanks for that. I'll get it sent out tonight.

Only problem is, what if I receive a letter tomorrow asking me go to court? What happens if I refuse to go?

Here is the one to stop them from calling ;)

-HARASSMENT WARNING-

WARNING;PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT 1997;

WARNING; COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003, S127.

TELEPHONE NUMBER

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

Thanks for that. I'll get it sent out tonight.

Only problem is, what if I receive a letter tomorrow asking me go to court? What happens if I refuse to go?

It's unlikely they will take you to court for such a small amount.

If they did and you refused to go, they would get judgement by default.

Best to make them prove you owe anything first, then go from there.

I've had a DCA chasing me for a small debt paypal claim I owe for 2 years now, but it's not got them anywhere at all. :D

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

hehe

i like that...

you were shouting so i'm going to start legal proceedings.what!

what other jokes are they going to pull.

BTW: paypal are now a bank in luxembourg.

could poss be buying/selling charges?

anyhow. ignore the dca and

STAY OFF THAT PHONE!!

do it all in writing.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well the letter has been sent.

However, eBay have called today when I was out. They have told me to ring them its important and left a reference number. Obviously, this has to do with the Paypal debt. Shall I just sit and wait it out because I've sent the letter to the debt collectors? The letter they sent me clearly said "do not contact Paypal, as they will refer you to us."

i'd make sure it is paypal.

i'd doubt it is

i bet its the dca!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Someone screwed me on paypal once and my number on my paypal account earned me money per minute.

The amount is so small its safe to say it will never goto court but im making good money where these morons keep calling me for a chat. I keep them talking as long as I can. The more they call the more I earn. You gotta love these persistant DCA's under the right condidtions.

They called again today.

The cheeky idiot asked if I had my debit card ready to pay. I told him clearly that I have sent a letter to them and he told me they haven't received it yet. I said well you should receive it within the next day or two. He then said well are you saying you dont owe it, I said yes that is what I am saying. He said OK and put the phone down.

I just hope they bother to read my letter.

Hi everyone,

OK, a few weeks ago I received a letter from a company called iqor recovery services. The letter says I owe £51.45 to PayPal. Now Paypal have been trying to get hold of me (I just assumed that was because I went overdraft with my bank and my Paypal account was closed until the matter was resolved). Surely you can't get in debt with Paypal? If you had no money in your paypal account then they cannot lend you the money without you asking, can they? So, it would be an overdraft with my bank and not Paypal.

Actually, you can go overdrawn so to speak, with paypal. What would have happened is that you bought an item (or items) and clicked to pay through your bank account. If, when they then go to your bank account a few days later and there is no money there, Paypal will then go to your back up card, if this too is declined, by the time this has happened the seller has already been paid on your behalf, you have probably received your goods and paypal are out of pocket!

OK, Paypal rung today. This has to be harrasment. They have both the debt collectors phoning me and them thereselves. I just said I sent a letter to the debt collector company and she said oh you're going that way, fine. I hope I'm doing the right thing here.

Having two different DCA's chasing after the same debt is against OFT guidelines.

If they call you again, just refuse their so called security checks, and you will only communicate with them in writing. Then put the phone down.

If you type in the number on Google it should reveal who is really calling you. Ebay, Paypal,or the DCA.

If it's the DCA prtending to be Ebay, then that is also againt OFT guidelines.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

• 4 weeks later...
They sent me a letter a while back to say they are investigating -- I haven't heard a peep from them since. HAHA!

Cheers!

I'm in the same boat, although Iqor have never written to me, I think there is an adress mix up so they are sending post elsewhere, they used to phone me at work but Ive since been made redundant.

Just ignore them, The situation where u end up 'overdrawn' at paypal due tro fraud is quite common and has happened to me twice, but Paypal have yet to take court action as its not clear where they would stand legally so they just huff n puff n pass it on to DCA's..Iqor and Intrum Justia are their faves :)

Andy

actually i have a similar situation. except mines kinda of like £400 for paypal. problem is im actually in jsa benifits and was wondering if anyone knows the legal stance intrum has if i want to lower the payments to £10 a month?

actually i have a similar situation. except mines kinda of like £400 for paypal. problem is im actually in jsa benifits and was wondering if anyone knows the legal stance intrum has if i want to lower the payments to £10 a month?

Well..I wouldnt pay them anything, as I said above they have yet to take anyone to court to actaull prove that paypal debts incurred by fraud by another per person are legally payable.

i want to lower the payments to £10 a month?

I agree with andydd above but if morally you do wish to pay something then you tell them what you want to pay. Dont let them tell you.

If its £1 a month then tell them so and to hell with what they think. Threres nothing they can do to force you, only throw there toys out there pram in anger.

I agree with andydd above but if morally you do wish to pay something then you tell them what you want to pay. Dont let them tell you.

If its £1 a month then tell them so and to hell with what they think. Threres nothing they can do to force you, only throw there toys out there pram in anger.

Well in theory they could go ahead with court action (they wont of course) but if youre on JSa the court wouldnt order you to pay much anyway..prob about £1 a month, so its in their interests to accept any payments (should you wish tro pay them anything).

Personally i have no probblem with ghe morality issue coz in these cases its nearly always coz someone has commited a fraud and paypal want you to carry the can instead of them and their flawed payment procedures !

ok so intrum justitia wont take me to court on behalf of paypal? (or unlikely to) i understand they MUST go to court BEFORE sending bailifs right? and if door step caller come before court its against the law and have a legal point to sue?

ohhhhh i see now.its funny cause i got paypal debt. barclays debt wich is also £400 and summit thats 90% bank charges. and plusnet internet services debt. heres something for the brain picking part though. its come to my attention that its illegal for banks to take government awared benifits as until you withdraw it it remnains property of the governemnt. so wouldnt that also in turn be illegal for debt collectors to take money from the bank account as you havent withdrawn it its stil the governments?