Advise please NCP parking charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Just after a little advice.

My partner, myself and a few others went on holiday recently. we took 2 cars both registered to me. When we arrived at our destination I did not have any change for the car park. I ran down 5 flights of stairs to the shops below to get some change leaving partner and friends sat in both cars. I had to que for change (had to buy mints cos wouldnt give me change) then went back up to car park where my partner told me the parking attendant had got reallly iirate with him, saying the car he was driving was parked without a ticket and he was going to issue a fine. He explained I had gone to get change but bloke wouldnt have it! anyway I put ticket on both cars then went back down to supermarket to grab food for our dinner, again leaving everyone else sat in cars.

Yesterday I received in the post a parking fine/charge for £100 for the one car! not both just the one my partner was driving!! It seems to me the parking guy was not happy at the fact my partner was a bit argumentative with him and that is the reason this has now happened. I have pleanty of witnesses to what happened but not the parking tickets to prove I paid for the cars.

I have been ready the template letters and I am guessing this the best way to play it but a little advice would also be helpful.

Cheers

The best way to play it is to completely and utterly ignore them.

They're not parking tickets or fines, they're unenforceable invoices. Junkmail with no basis in law.

We know NCP well. Expect a couple of letters from them, and then CSS Collect and maybe Graham White.

Ignore the lot of them and they will go away. Pay no attention to the lies and threats in the letters - all hollow bluff and bluster.

Don't advice using the template letters because you're likely to receive more letters than usual because they'll put you in the hooked fish pile as a potential victim who could pay up with enough letters.

Ignore them. This is just the usual PPC [problem]. As al27 states its just an unenforcebale invoice- but be prepared for some letters from thier DCA-approx 3/4 in total however. If you were thinking about appealing it wouldnt be worth it- youll get the standard 'appeal rejected' template letter. Ignoring is much easier! :)

• 2 months later...

The "solicitor" probably just sits at the next desk in the office.

Normal course of progression for these letters so nothing unusual happening yet.

Carry on ignoring

London IP address

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....