• Tweets

• The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
    • Doubt the uneconomic write off would be registered, unless you agreed to accept write off settlement of the claim. It is just cosmetic damage. All that has happened, is that the car has been looked at and they realised the repair costs are going to exceed the value of the car. If the car is perfectly driveable with no upcoming normal work required to pass next MOT, your current Insurers will continue Insurance and you can accept an amount from third party Insurers to go towards you repairing the scratched bodywork.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SORN Fine to wrong address Inter-Credit International Ltd

mrwhite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a debt recovery notice from Inter-Credit International Ltd. it states;

As you have ignored all previous letters (no previous letters was sent) the DVLA is currently preparing a claim against you as the registered keeper of an unlicensed vehicle (i sold the vehicle almost a year ago) Should you wish to avoid this action, you must pay an out of court settlement of £80 immediately, otherwise legal action through the Courts may commence and your vehicle (which i no longer own) may be clamped and impounded.

I phoned the DVLA to ask what this was for but they said they could not help me and said i would need to contact the debt company. So i contacted the debt company and apparently i did not register the vehicle on time and had to pay the fine.

From what i can remember i bought the car for my son and registered it on my name and my address and insured him as a second driver. After a while my son no longer needed the car and kept it in his garage, so i put the car on SORN. Then i registered it to his address but kept it on my name. I notified the DVLA they sent the new V5 to my sons address where the car was kept and thought any reminders would be sent there. (The car has been on SORN from 01/05/2007) Knowing they would send me a V11 form before the SORN is up for renewal i waited for it, but nothing came. Without the V11 form i managed to go online and registered there. During that time I've moved houses and sold the car and thought nothing of it.

Until now on 08/05/2009 i receive this fine for £80 without any notice or warnings, but what's strange they sent it to my address, the vehicle was never registered here. Why did they not send it to my sons address where the vehicle was registered?

Can they just send you a fine out of the blue?

Why did they not send this to me earlier?

What do i do now?

From what i can remember i bought the car for my son and registered it on my name and my address and insured him as a second driver.

If your son was the main driver, this is called fronting and the Insurance Co. would take a dim view, to the point of voiding the insurance in the event of a claim while he was driving.

After a while my son no longer needed the car and kept it in his garage, so i put the car on SORN.

Fair enough

Then i registered it to his address but kept it on my name.

On change of registration, you usually need to re-SORN. I am not sure if this si the case for a simple change of address.

I notified the DVLA they sent the new V5 to my sons address where the car was kept and thought any reminders would be sent there. (The car has been on SORN from 01/05/2007) Knowing they would send me a V11 form before the SORN is up for renewal i waited for it, but nothing came.
There is no obligation whatsoever for DVLA to send reminder notices (V11). It is the duty of the RK to ensure that the vehicle is either taxed or on SORN at all times.

Without the V11 form i managed to go online and registered there.

Registered for SORN I presume. Is there a gap between this online SORN registration and the expiry of the previous one?

During that time I've moved houses and sold the car and thought nothing of it.
Did you notify DVLA of the change of keeper when you sold it? Did they acknowledge this?

Until now on 08/05/2009 i receive this fine for £80 without any notice or warnings, but what's strange they sent it to my address, the vehicle was never registered here. Why did they not send it to my sons address where the vehicle was registered?
The fine letter would appear to have come from the DCA, not DVLA, so they may well have tracked you down,

Can they just send you a fine out of the blue?

Yes

Why did they not send this to me earlier?
Initially, any fine would come from DVLA. As this has come from a DCA, I assume that earlier attempts failed

What do i do now?
Can you provide us with a complete time line?

Did you tell DVLA about the sale?

Wass there a time period between expiry of tax/SORN and on-line SORN registration? if so, how long?

Stop phoning them, do everything in writing to ensure that you have an 'audit trail' of your actions and protestations.

"If your son was the main driver, this is called fronting and the Insurance Co. would take a dim view, to the point of voiding the insurance in the event of a claim while he was driving."

My mistake, I was insured as second driver.

"On change of registration, you usually need to re-SORN. I am not sure if this si the case for a simple change of address."

It was a change of address

"Registered for SORN I presume. Is there a gap between this online SORN registration and the expiry of the previous one?"

Thats where I'm not 100% sure on, I asked the DVLA if they could provide me the date of when the last SORN ran from as i did not have any confirmation letter. They said they do not hold that information? (or they don't want to tell me?)

"Did you notify DVLA of the change of keeper when you sold it? Did they acknowledge this?"

Yes i did and got an acknowledgment letter.

"Initially, any fine would come from DVLA. As this has come from a DCA, I assume that earlier attempts failed"

No earlier attempts have ever been made to my address or my sons.

Would of the early attempts been a warning instead of the £80 fine?

sorry about the quotes, don't know how to box them.

sorry about the quotes, don't know how to box them.

To put text in the blue quote box type

[ quote ]

Write your text here

[ /quote ]

put the square brackets immediately around the quote and /quote without the spaces then it looks like this

write your text here

I asked the DVLA if they could provide me the date of when the last SORN ran from as i did not have any confirmation letter. They said they do not hold that information? (or they don't want to tell me?)

If they don't hold that information how can they know when you're liable for a fine?

Thats what i was thinking, maybe they delete the information when its been sent out after a certain time? I'll try them again tomorrow.

How long do they give you to re-SORN after the last date? I know now they give you 14 days to re-TAX but was it the same for SORN last year ago?

The regulations allow a private individual up to 28 days to SORN a vehicle. The DVLA must recieve the SORN notice within 28 days. Online notification is best as it is its own receipt.

A trader is allowed 3 Months " period of grace" and that has since been waived.

It looks like it was re-sorn in June 08 when it was due in May 08.

What options am i left with?

Is there any point writing to them?

bear in mind the date of re-sorn was over a year ago

the DVLA did not notify me of this

no previous notices was sent

and they send it to the wrong address.