style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whats more worrying is the useless ICO who state:

But the practice of writing to neighbours isn't condemned by all. A spokeswoman for the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) said it is an acceptable way to trace debtors.

and then the ICO release this:

http://www.addleshawgoddard.com/cdc/asset_store/document/data_&_info_ealert_1_april_09_155936.pdf

I think the ICO needs to be replaced with something that supports consumers not CRA's and DCA's.

Where do you start!:-x:-x

An increasing number of banks and other lenders are selling old debts to unscrupulous debt collection agencies who aren't afraid of shaming you into paying up, using a technique known as fishing.
Which is why I happily oblige and entertain them in the hope of leading them down the wrong path:lol:

Beccy Boden Wilks, debt adviser with the Money Advice Trust, says: "Debt collection agencies should not discuss personal details with anyone other than the debtor. Anyone that feels they have been a victim of this practice needs to make a complaint via the company's own internal procedures or to the OFT."
Have you actually tried to make a complaint about unscrupulous DCA's and got any satisfactory recourse?:mad:

But the practice of writing to neighbours isn't condemned by all. A spokeswoman for the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) said it is an acceptable way to trace debtors. "In this situation, it is reasonable under the Data Protection Act for the debt collector to write to the last-known address or neighbouring addresses. But to remain compliant with the act, no personal details related to the debtor should be revealed in the letter
Theres one born every minute:-x What planet are you on:-x

According to the Credit Services Association (CSA), the representative body of the UK collections industry, the majority of complaints stem from incidents of mistracing - where a consumer has been wrongly identified as owing a debt, typically because he or she shares a name with the debtor.
:lol:

Oh stop please:lol: I'm laughing so much I've done a little squirt of wee in my pants:lol: 'MISTRACING'! I have not come across a DCA yet who can trace a debtor correctly, hence the tens of threatogrammes I have for the previous occupier:lol: Tracing, what a joke:lol:

CSA executive director Kurt Obermaier thinks collection agencies are being unfairly blamed for the problem.
Told you, one born every minute!

Some debt collection agencies are using threatening tactics to chase age-old debts that they are not legally allowed to pursue in court.

There is no limit to the amount of time a collection company can ask for repayment of a debt, but they cannot enforce disputed or statute-barred debts through the courts.

Correct, just because a debt is SB doesn't stop a DCA asking for payment, but it does mean that when they threaten any form of legal action they are acting outside of the rules laid down by the OFT, and if they persist in threatening action against the debtor, they would find themselves answering to a charge of harassment, if it were me;-)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I wish these innocent people would stop blaming DCAs for "mistracing" How can that be the DCAs fault?

It must be the occupiers' fault for living at the address the DCA choose to harrass

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action