Validity of claims management companies? Moved from "Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am desperate to find a genuine CMC and a competent solicitor; my creds are currently drafting court papers. My health is a bit dodgy and I know I will not perform well in court representing myself.

I'm flat broke (skipping meals to pay the mortgage); I need a company that doesn't charge any fees. Apparently there are some out there - pt has said he is acquainted with one - if someone can help, please send me a PM.

I see this stuff like car maintenance or home improvement - a lot can be done yourself if you choose to. If not you can employ someone. The trick of course is avoiding the rogues. It is a personal choice.

I think CAG could help in this regard.

I see this stuff like car maintenance or home improvement - a lot can be done yourself if you choose to. If not you can employ someone. The trick of course is avoiding the rogues. It is a personal choice.

I think CAG could help in this regard.

A very good analogy and I agree totally that people could definately benefit even if just by knowing which outfits to avoid if nothing else

Tricky Dicky,your Mitchell story has hit the press, in mortgage strategy online:

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster in the TV soap, has helped a Wetherby man to successfully get £15,000 of credit card debt written off.

AE1.gif

Le Vell, a director of claims management company Ratio Money, attended Leeds County Court with a leading QC to support a self-employed 60-year old man in his long-running dispute with Bank of Scotland.

Mitchell originally had a judgement against him after delaying payments to his credit card while he waited for the bank to supply specific information.

Le Vell says: “This is another victory for the consumer. “Although Bank of Scotland gave up its fight and agreed to write off his debt, amazingly they refused to pay his costs.

“However, as a final blow to the lender, Judge Langan ruled that the bank needed to pay all the costs in full and said that the bank didn’t fight the case because it feared highlighting failings and opening the floodgates to further claims.”

Ratio Money successfully highlighted that the man's credit card application didn’t contain the prescribed terms and conditions – and therefore didn’t comply with the Consumer Credit Act.

Bank of Scotland argued that the terms and conditions had been given as a separate document when he applied for the card at the Wetherby branch of Halifax, but he denies ever receiving them. However, under the law, a credit agreement is only binding if it is a single document that has been signed by both parties and contains all the prescribed terms.

The Story So Far...

Barclaycard - Fingers Vs Barclaycard

Egg - Egg Credit Card CCA Agreement - help

Halifax - Halifax Credit card CCA

IF - CCA received

Lloyds - Lloyds CCA

MBNA-CCA received, challening

Virgin - Virgin Card CCA May 2006 - Help Required

OH Barccard - 2 s78 letters, on 2nd cpr

Tricky Dicky,your Mitchell story has hit the press, in mortgage strategy online:

Coronation Street star Michael Le Vell, who plays Kevin Webster in the TV soap, has helped a Wetherby man to successfully get £15,000 of credit card debt written off.

AE1.gif

Le Vell, a director of claims management company Ratio Money, attended Leeds County Court with a leading QC to support a self-employed 60-year old man in his long-running dispute with Bank of Scotland.

Mitchell originally had a judgement against him after delaying payments to his credit card while he waited for the bank to supply specific information.

Le Vell says: “This is another victory for the consumer. “Although Bank of Scotland gave up its fight and agreed to write off his debt, amazingly they refused to pay his costs.

“However, as a final blow to the lender, Judge Langan ruled that the bank needed to pay all the costs in full and said that the bank didn’t fight the case because it feared highlighting failings and opening the floodgates to further claims.”

Ratio Money successfully highlighted that the man's credit card application didn’t contain the prescribed terms and conditions – and therefore didn’t comply with the Consumer Credit Act.

Bank of Scotland argued that the terms and conditions had been given as a separate document when he applied for the card at the Wetherby branch of Halifax, but he denies ever receiving them. However, under the law, a credit agreement is only binding if it is a single document that has been signed by both parties and contains all the prescribed terms.

I am amazed that some media outlet has run with this probably only because of the Coronation Street connection but it can only be good news.

I lkove the judges comments too :D

If CAG were ever to recommend cmc's (advertising) then would it not be fair that the cmc's pay for that advertising and/or recommendations?

Sounds fair enough to me but the problem is that CAG could then be accused of favouring certain companies for financial gain rather than an impartial recommendation basd purely on preformance

2 posts moved

I'm sure we'll see more successes - with or without CAG's recommendations - but that still doesn't mean people will know about CMC's. In fact, they are more likely to hear of CAG than a CMC, IMHO...

Google CMC's then Google those you think might be for you to see if there's any adverse then makes your choice

Google ' Roly Ferguson' and see what comes up!

10 foot and bargepole come to mind

Odio los bancos con una venganza

There are obviously folks on here who would like more information about CMC's in order to make informed decisions,can we take a poll on how many would be interested?

don't need em myself but i'm in agreement that cag should not stand still and be continuing to improve what is already a fantastic service and the promotion of good CMC's would be a good step

Interesting thread this.

I've been looking for a CMC to help me with a couple of claims for a while now, for similar reasons to those posted above. I'm not confident I could cope with the stress of running a claim myself. I'm also not convinced that lenders take debtors claiming seriously. I believe claiming through a solicitor elicits a more favourable response.

Anyway, until this afternoon I'd been struggling to find a CMC who didn't charge either an upfront fee, a slice of the claimed amount, or both!

I've found a firm in Preston whom I've requested a copy of their terms and conditions from. They claim to charge no fees whatsoever.

Steve

well how about this for a defective DN received only today from nationwide!!

has anyone had a DN like i just got from nationwide

cca'd them a couple of months ago- kept sending unreadable (and defective) CCa

stopped payments for two months

now received a DN under 87(1) which states:-

type of agreement- credit car

Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

provision breached_ under the above agreement you undertook to make a minimum monthly payment of $5 or 3% of the account balance (whichever is the higher)

Action required by you:-

a) pament of the balance of (FULL ACCOUNT BALANCE)

b) return of the credit card, if posting please cut in half before sending

date by which action is required:-

the payment must reach your account within 14 days from teh date of this letter

the further action threatened for failure to compl is

we may commence legal procedings against you

That's the killer :)

its good but the REAL killer is that they have managed to combine a defective DN into an unlawful TN as they have demanded payment of the FULL Balance within 14 days

since the DN is defective and the creditor is claiming sums he cannot claim until after he has issued an effective DN he has not only filleted his donkey but his pig as well

That's the killer :)

Amex appear to suggest that the phrase the payment must reach your account means they also allow 'allocation' time within the DN period. So if it takes two days to 'allocate', you would have to rectify within twelve days rather than fourteen.

• 2 weeks later...

A contact of mine has recently had a threatening letter from the solicitors representing a CMC concerning some derogatory comments he made about them on another forum.

They are threatening to issue libel/defamation proceedings against him,anyone know if the threat sounds realistic

Edited by Tricky Dickie
spelling errors

A contact of mine has recently had a threatening letter from the solicitors representing a CMC concerning some derogatory comments he made about them on another forum.

They are threatening to issue libel/defamation proceedings against him,anyone know if the threat sounds realistic

It probably is.

I bet it isn't this forum, though. ;)