Assistance with Sale of Goods Act please .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all ,

I'm visiting this forum for the first time and would appreciate your advice.

I bought some spectacles from Specsaver and took delivery of them 10 days ago . After wearing them for ten days I decide that the frames weren't exactly what I was looking for and re-visited to the shop today .

They were very good as usual and said that they would take the frames back and I could select another set of frames - they would then have the existing lenses inserted in them (as they were the same size frames ) .

My point is that the first set of frames were approx £90 - the set I've opted for now are only £50 - they say I cannot be refunded the difference .....

What is the form here please .... are they trying it on ....? . These have obviously been returned well within the 'SOG' timescale .....

Thanks in advance

johnny :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Firstly, this is not the Sale of Goods situation. From what you say, there was nothing wrong with the original frames that you bought. you simply made a mistake. This means that you have no rights of refund or cancellation.

Unfortunately the shop would be entirely in their rights to refuse to give you any credit for the old frames.they could have insisted on being paid for the new frames and so you might have ended up having spent money on the old friends and the new ones as well. From this point of view they are doing you a favour. However, I do think it is a bit mean not to refund you the difference or released to refund you a decent portion.

My advice to you would be to call their head office and to speak very nicely and very persuasively with customer relations and tried to ask them isn't there something they could do for you -- even if it was a credit debt for a future purchase.

Thanks for your prompt reply BF :)

I see exactly where you're coming from - they could have said 'you'll have to buy another set of frames if you want them'.

That being the case I think I'll just accept that my first choice was a bit hasty and has cost me £40 (and after all they're going to re-insert the lenses in the new frame, which will cost them time) ..... so all in all , I'll leave it at that ..........

Thanks again

regards

Johnny :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D