HSBC credit card HELP?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I have missed 2 payments on my HSBC credit card. The card is also overlimit.

I recieved a letter dated 5th May 2009 saying "following a thorough review of your account, I am writing to inform you that we are ending your credit card agreement"

Then the usual, you can no longer use the card, cut it in two and return to us (as if).

Then next day i recieve a letter dated 6th May 2009 (obviously dated a day later) which is a default notice under section 87 (1) of the consumer credit act giving me till 20th may remedy the breach or they will terminate the agreement without any notice to me (they have already terminated it a day earlier)?????

help please?

edit - funnily enough i sent them a cca request on the same day i recieved the default letter.

There is a similar problem on this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/198398-dinkjames-hsbc-credit-card.html we are just awaiting someone to verify a remedy.

Thanks for the prompt reply cerberusalert much appreciated. I will let you know the result of the cca request when/if i get it. It appears to be the same situation indeed. Not allowing for service on the DN and terminating the agreement the day before the DN arrives. :evil:

• 4 weeks later...

Loopyjuice, how are you getting on with HSBC?

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Today recieved a huge envelope with tons of terms and conditions, far too many to scan and a blank credit card request form, a statement of account and the usual letter "we can omit signature box" etc. Basically, they have bombarded me with about 60 pages of terms and conditions and a blank agreement. What do i do now?

Hi there

I have missed 2 payments on my HSBC credit card. The card is also overlimit.

I recieved a letter dated 5th May 2009 saying "following a thorough review of your account, I am writing to inform you that we are ending your credit card agreement"

Then the usual, you can no longer use the card, cut it in two and return to us (as if).

Then next day i recieve a letter dated 6th May 2009 (obviously dated a day later) which is a default notice under section 87 (1) of the consumer credit act giving me till 20th may remedy the breach or they will terminate the agreement without any notice to me (they have already terminated it a day earlier)?????

help please?

edit - funnily enough i sent them a cca request on the same day i recieved the default letter.

can you post the original letter up so we can see it

2 points

1/ depending on the wording of the letter they could have made an unlawful rexcission of the contract

2/ they realised their mistake and then issued a DN- unfortuneately for them, even if it was posted 1st class they then cocked up the DN and only gave you 12 days to comply

have you had any further correspondence since the DN or demands for the full amount?

loopyjuice i dont envy you about this bank, they have destroyed me and my business, but i will never give in to them, and when i questioned them about peoples names appering on my business account, they just said sorry we have sent people on refresher courses, then closed my account, but before that they took 800 pounds and paid it to a insurance company.