Lowell Group totally unreasonable after issuing CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a photocopy of my CCA which had my signature, I thought that due to the reason they have me, someone from lowell group contacted me and wanted to arrange payment of the debt. Being silly and vulnerable I decided to give them my income and expenses and they want £118 per month which I cannot pay as I am on disability benefits.

There is no way I can pay this amount as they say if I do not pay they will take me to the county court.

I know that I owe money and I should pay, but not at this amount per month.

Is there any advice thx.

What I've done in these circumstances is told them to take it to court - I'll put in for 50p a week, and my finances are so bad - the court will accept. The company then takes your other offer more seriously.

Funnily enough - it was Lowell I said that to - amongst others.

I got them to £10 a fortnight, £20 on a £2000 debt!

Edited by Love n Nuts

Firstly welcome to CAG david38

They can't have what you haven't got.

Can you post or scan the copy CCA you have received so that members can check it out and make sure it is enforceable? Please make sure you hide your personal details.

Is this debt for credit cards or loan?

Have you been paying this account recently or have you missed payments?

The more info about this you can give without any personal info or exact amounts etc., will help even more.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

1st of alll NEVER speak to any debt collecter on the phone. They will just bully you into paying more than you can afford.

Do you have a scanner? If you do can you scan it into your computer (edit out your personal details and reference numbers on the CCA) and post it up here so someone with a bit more knowledge can have a look and tell you if it is enforceable or not. If you need any help or advice on how to post it on here i will be happy to help.

Dont worry as Lowell (Leeds Losers or Clownells) are well known here.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

I don't think the image is that good, if it is not, let me know and tell me how to get it on here. this is a photocopy not the original contract.

Edited by david38

It has the required prescribed terms to make it enforceable but if that's as clear as it gets you can challenge it on the grounds it is illegible - they must send you a copy that can be easily read.

After reading many posts here, I can’t find a single instance where they have taken legal action against anyone and am curious to know do they ever take court action or do they just write threatening letters?

Edited by spitfire650

I don''t know their court stats but they are not known as the Leeds Losers for nothing. If an agreement was enforceable, I'd be giving them "not negotiable" £1 per week and tell them that is all I can afford. If they did take you to court a judge wouldn't make you pay any more than you can afford.

Thanks Pinky,

They won't be getting anything since there is a gap of at least nine years since any activity or acknowledgement, and this is definitely statute barred.

I am trying to decide between just binning their letter, or sending a request for a copy of the CCA and generally wasting their time for a while ...

I'd just send them the statute barred letter then.

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

If you want to waste their time thats great but not if it costs you anything.

I'd just do the above.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thanks for the advice - its a shame all the people they prey upon don't come and read this site.

There is something very wrong about these parasites being allowed to take money from people unaware of there legal rights.

Hopefully the current financial slowdown is hitting them extra hard!

Hopefully the current financial slowdown is hitting them extra hard!

I suspect it is.

These days, people are more worried about paying the essentials rather than a parasitic company buying up cheap unenforceable or statute barred unsecured debts, then trying to batter people into submission.

It might sound a bit flippant to say I wish they'd start bothering me again, but I really wouldn't mind the opportunity to be as rude and obnoxious as I could to one of their 'phone monkeys. It's the perfect way to let off steam and gives you an amazing feeling of satisfaction.

I've always been of the opinion that Lowell's should be always be ignored regardless of the circumstances. The likelihood of being taken to court is negligable, and even if you do get a judgment against you, the repayment rate is likely to be so small it outweighs the hassle of chasing the debt in the first place. Also with CCJ you may be able to get an administration order - the side effect of which could mean the cost of the debt, court etc and the actual repayments may leave Lowell out of pocket :)

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

They won't be getting anything since there is a gap of at least nine years since any activity or acknowledgement, and this is definitely statute barred.

I am trying to decide between just binning their letter, or sending a request for a copy of the CCA and generally wasting their time for a while ...

hi.thanks for PM:D if its statute barred tell them so,well remind them as they know it already:rolleyes:

sending statute barred should get them off your back.

if not

REPORT THEM.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Have they brought the debt?

Either way, if you have no money, they won't get any either. You need to remember these people (I use this tern loosely) have NO legal rights at all.

Don't ring them, don't respond to them unless its court papers and most of all, DON'T worry ;)

JOgs