Jump to content
  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • its not showing on credit report only i show what they send me in letter when reject my application.  I copy without my details below    Dear     Assessment of Application for Student Finance Academic Year 2020/21 We have considered your application and based on the information provided, you are not eligible to receive student finance because: • You have arrears on a previous Student Loan. The Regulations which govern how student finance is provided say that we cannot consider any student eligible to receive student finance if he or she is behind with repayments on an existing student loan. If you have a Mortgage Style (MS) loan, please call your debt owner on the telephone number shown on the most recent correspondence that you have received from them. If you don’t know who your debt owner is, please go to www.gov.uk/repaying-your-student-loan for more information. If you have any Income Contingent Repayment (ICR) loans, please call 0300 100 0611 for advice. If you require more information about student finance visit www.gov.uk/studentfinance Yours sincerely Student Finance England   This is what they replied when rejecting my application.
    • I've been reading up  on the RoA, and just to be clear, does that mean then in my case, that basically Yasmeen Couser must be in attendance tomorrow? I take it if someone else is speaking on VCS behalf, then Yasmeen at least needs to be in attendance?
    • https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Full-time-students-and-benefits/Can-full-time-students-get-Employment-and-Support#:~:text=Can full-time students get Employment and Support Allowance,income-related ESA. ... 3 Work Capability Assessment.   Appears it may be possible to claim income based ESA, if they have a PIP claim.   Cannot claim UC. 
    • Amend the value to what you wish to claim.  Your daughter can be listed as New name ( Nee xxxxxx). You need the letter of consent from her to add as you have stated within the order.   At 10 ….. Pursuant to Practice Direction 19 ( 2.1 ) 2. The proposed amended claim form and particulars of claim, and 3. Please see attached the signed written consent of Mrs xxxxxxx as proposed 2nd Claimant and consent of the Defendant in making this application.
    • convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2020-10-22_21-45-31.pdf
  • Our picks

    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.
      We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.
      After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.
      It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.
      A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?
      After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.
      The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 
      You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.
        • Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.
      I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.
      As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.
      If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.
      They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.
      If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.
      The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.
      They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.
      Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks
        • Like

help replying to court papers

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4184 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

wondering if anyone can help me replying to court,recieved papers 30th april,from howard cohen solicitors on behalf of cl finance,should i reply online defending the claim as i am in the process of reclaiming bank charges?any help much appreciated no idea what to do!

Link to post
Share on other sites

if the sum which they are claiming from you comprised of bank charges -- or comprised partially of bank chargesthen certainly you should be defending on the basis.


Where are you in your bank charges claim? Have you actually started a court claim yet? Do you know how much you are actually owed in bank charges? Have you added also the interest which they have charged you on any outstanding bank charges?


If you are owed a sum equal to or greater than the amount claimed, then you should defend on that basis. You defend saying that the amount claim is comprised of bank charges -- and then you counterclaim for the return of bank charges. Don't forget you can only claim for charges which you have actually paid.


If the sum they are claiming is greater than your bank charges figure then you will have to admit part of the debt and defend on the rest.


Whatever you do, you must put in a defence before the time is up. This is 14 days from service of the claim on you. If you feel you need extra time, then put in an acknowledgement the claim and this will extend the time for putting in a defence to 28 days after service of the claim on you. However do not let this extended time lull you into forgetfulness because if you miss the deadline then they can apply for a judgement and it will then get complicated to have to try and get the judgement struck out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

as i am only claiming back about £70 and i owe them £919(inluding court fee+solicitors costs) should i just agree with the claim to save a lot of messing about?sorry but really dont know what to do!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Be very careful here, others will give advice on what to do next, but, this lot are very quick to push things through and have even been known to write to you and tell you that the Court has granted an order that you are to pay £50 per month to them. If you get such a letter, be very wary as it may not in fact have gone through the Court Process!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)


Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.


If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You


The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA


Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...