• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Picture Loans and the FSCS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First person has received their cheque from the FSCS!

They are refunding total PPI paid not just paid to date and interest paid to date, even if the loan is still ongoing.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Thanks for the good news - surely though if the loan is not being reduced by the amount of the PPI, the refund should also include the interest that will still accrue on the PPI for the remaining term of the loan?

If they are not paying future interest relating to the PPI would we be able to pay the refund off the balance of the loan without penalty? Our loan agreement has a penalty in place for early payments in the first years of the loan.

• 2 weeks later...

They are very slow. It cannot be a big job for either Deloitte or the FSCS as there are about 1000 claims to process and that is a drop in the ocean for both of them to handle. Deloitte get the details off Picture/Target, then make the calculations then pass it to the FRCS. I read on another site that it doesn't take long for FRCS to pay out once they get the figures from Deloitte. The FRCS website says they hope to pay everyone in 6 months. We will just have to be patient.8) It doesn't affect the friend I claimed for as she is not hard up and will just be paying the money back into the account to offset the insurance but some people desperately need the money and must be tearing their hair out by this time.

Ring the FSCS and see if your claim has been passed back to the FSCS by Deloittes, mine has(45) and a few others have and from there we have been told 2 weeks.

Any opinion I give is my own and given without

any liability.

Mine's still with Deloitte. I contacted FSCS to chase yesterday and person there was rather snotty and blunt, just sticking to the 6 month line. When I said I'd heard a payment had been made, she said early payments would be 'test cases' and had no bearing on other payouts. She also said she was aware of these forums and didn't seem too happy about them. I don't think they appreciate us all sharing notes and being better informed as a result!

It's not her concern to be happy about it or not, nor will initial payments be test cases - that's rot. It's her job to process/give information and if she is not happy about it she should get another job. The FSCS took long enough to default Picture and now that they have it shouldn't take long to pay back the money people were conned out of.

Good luck to all on your claims with the FSCS.

We have a case with the FSCS/Deloittes, but different company that were declared in default on 8th Sept 2009, my loan company was that of TWOPART, although my case have been with Deloittes since early July passed from the FSCS to them. My case number - 1.

Again wishing you all the very best of luck and hope you all receive all what is owed to you very soon.:);)

Hi All,

I just wondered if anyone else is in a similar situation to myself and could give me some tips on how to approach it.

I have a secured loan with picture, loan amount of £80k but over £100k with the ppi included.

We took it out in 2006 and still have the loan, at the start of this year we we spoke to a financial adviser who advised us it was clearly mis-sold and refererred us to Reclaims 4 u - who then referred us onto a solicitor to fight our case on a no win no fee basis. (at the time we were told there were many reasons it was mis-sold and there was a good chance the whole loan could be written off, or atleast we could be looking @ £50k compensation - i now know that is highly unlikely from what i have read on this site) Also we were told it would likely be paid within 3 months, this was in Feb 2009.

This was all before we realised Picture were in default. Our solicitors recently hit a stumbling block when they were told that all picture cases had to go through fscs and now they are talking about taking a cut out of any compensation we receive?

Anyway, now we know that we can go directly through fscs we are unsure how to end our agreement with the solicitors without incurring a fee.

Can anyone help? Is anyone able to tell me approx how much compensation we are likely to get?

Edited by 2009
re-posting in the hope someone else will give me some advice/ tips

Hi there

Not sure in what happens when you have had the solicitors involved, but was this on a basis when you only pay if your successful?

Like I said I don't know how this works, but if the solicitor have not been successful with the business where charges would then occur, I didn't think they could take a cut of your money, especially if you now take your case to the FSCS.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of this will post up.

But if you have not done so yet, contact the FSCS to get your claim in, as they have now started paying out.

Good luck.;-)

Home - Contacts

Also read any paperwork you have received from the solicitor, especially the small print, this may disclose some information.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, will welcome any further input from anyone that may be able to clarify on this for me...

But as you said, it was on no win no fee - however i think that if i decide not to proceed with them before it gets to court then the fees incurred so far may become payable. in this situation it obviously won't go to court if the fscs deal with it. So do my solicitors have the right to claim some of the compensation I may get if i take my case directly to the fscs?

I am going to try asking the citizens advice but that may take time for them to look into.

Just for those wondering if you are getting a cheque or the loan reduced I started my claim after the default and I think it may be a different version of the form as there is a section to fill in on whether the cheque should be paid to you or to the lender.

I'm really relying on getting thi money so hope now the gates have opened the repayments come flooding through quick.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to the today Pinicko - there is no charge. I intend to pay a whack off it and keep something to myself for Christmas. Oh happy days! Well done on getting your cheque too. I am going to bank mine this afternoon.:D

I take it you guys receiving cheques applied quite some time ago?

I am one of the ones desperate for the money to come through but my application has only been in 3 months or so. Will the FSCS be able to tell me where I am in the queue if I ring or will they stick to the 6 months line?

Well done to all those getting cheques from the former Picture Loans via the FSCS.

This is still a PPI result so don't forget to post in the PPI successes in the stickies.

Very pleased you are getting money back :D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.