John lewis card not treating me fairly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been in communication with them since last year. I have requested copy of agreement and have it confirmed verbally three times they are aware of my request. They have not sent it and today said they would send it, fair enough.

Trouble is even though I am in poor health and they are aware of this, they have been adding nearly 50.00, yep 50.00 a month interest and charges to the account.

Today I pleaded again for them to suspend charges as had sent three financial statements and proof of health issues from hospital and they still carrry on.

One man almost laughed at me when said we have not received any thing from you and the woman next told me the adress they went to is a pobox and forwards stuff so possible it went missing.

They refused token payment yet today have said pay it please when I said take me to court, you are making me ill. A court would probably treat me more sympathetically and the interest would stop. The reply was now why would we want to do that? sarcastically.

Would you suggest requesting a subject access request and going down route of reclaiming charges?

I have stated how frustrating it is to have them lose documents in departments and be able to say were chalking up the interest, yet admit they still have to get me a copy of the agreement requested months ago and thats ok.

Assuming you requested a copy of the CCA in the correct manor then you can stop paying.

They are doing nothing to help you so stop helping them.

Stop calling them... as you have heard first hand they will intimidate you into paying.

Next time they call refuse the security questions and tell them you look forward to seeing them in court.

If they are still adding charges while in default of a CCA request they are breaking the rules BIG TIME.

Im guessing your on benefits so if they ever took you to court you would only be ordered to pay a very small sum... £1 a month for example. John lewis know this but are trying it on.

As for the sar...... I would wait for the outcome of the CCA request. Scan it and post it here blanking out your personal details and we can check it out for you.

Edited by ashmk

Hi Are you actually dealing with John Lewis or with a DCA. The general advice is to NEVER speak with debt collectors on the telephone, always insist, politely if you like, that you will only deal in writing.

If it is a DCA you are dealing with they are not permitted to add any charges or interest etc.

Personally I think you shoud sent the CCA letter, with a postal order for £1. do not sign the letter (N on our templates library). They have 12 + 2 days to respond. If (a big if) they send anything, remove any identifying information and post on here and others will be along to give there opinions as to what your next step should be.

Under no circumstances allow them to make you feel ill, they cannot make you pay anything on a Judge in a Court can make apayment order and if you are on benefits then this would most probably be in the region of £1 per month.

You could also send the telephone harrassment letter from the templates library.

Thanks for the info. The reason they previusly said it would not go to court was due to my benefits and ill health, yet they state they received no info from me. They keep asking for another financial statement and I dont think they should get another, it doesnt help things are changing with when I get my money and am given a loan to tide over a few weeks to two weekly in arrears like most people.

So I feel they are deliberately abusing process because they know they are on a loser with me.

Any how back to sence will send them a default of cca request as I havnt sent that yet. I just accepted they were sending it.

Do you have proof on paper they recieved the CCA request thru either a receipt from a postal order thats been cashed or a recorded delivery receipt ?

Are you dealing with John lewis direct or via a collection agency ?

Remember if they have not sent that CCA thru to you then all the threats are idle. They know court would be a waste which is why they are trying it on.

Ignor them untill an agreement show up and spend the money on yourself.