Am i in the clear? (Lowell Group)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

another update from Lowells.

They have sent me a letter stating that its my final chance to pay before they pass it onto their litigation experts "Hampton Legal".

scary guys no:eek:

They have still not bothered to prove that i have made a payment to validate the six year rule.they cant as it was only attempted:rolleyes:

In their eyes the six year rule ends some time next month so i need help on how can i bury them in paperwork for the the next month?

Shall i send in a CCA, does that mean i "Acknowlege" the debt.

no its STATUTE end of save your quid

Shall i send in a SAR, doe that mean i "Acknowlege" the debt.

as above save a tenner

or shall i send them a letter asking for proof of the so called attempted payment?

If write on every letter "THIS LETTER DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT", will that cover me?

thanks!

you have told them that it is statute barred.

wait for your crap threat from hamptons and forward that to OFT.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

again by their own greedy lying admission of the made up last payment date.

they have again left it to late.

by THEIR date it is statute barred in 18 days:lol:

it will take hamptons that long to get their backside into gear.

would suggest you return this new awaited letter from the legal experts:rolleyes:

enclose a statute barred template,and a copy of lowells last payment date highlighted.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

I am also having problems with lowells, i cca'd them then they rang me and told me they couldn't find my agreement but asked me to make some payments to which i refused. This was a few months ago now and then today i received a statement from them and a leaflet about the FOS.

I have never received a statement before, has anyone else had one of these.

• 1 month later...

these people just dont go away:

By my calculations (credit file etc), the debt was SB in april as default was in april 2003.

By Lowells own admission ( in a letter from them) the last "attempted" payment was in August 2003.

a few days ago, i receive a letter from RED (Lowells in disguise!) that i still owe them the money.

with their own admission and date a few days, it should be SB!!!!

I will send SB letter again but can i charge them for the pleasure of doing so. This would be a second SB letter i have sent to them.

advice please?

my advise would be not to re send the statute barred to red.they will ignore again and either pass back to portfolio 1 or 2 for another try:rolleyes:

my advise would be to close it down now.

kick them hard enough and they go away for good.

my boots are ready again,

pm me if you want me to help getting these cretins off your back.

SAM

I personally would send them the SB letter and advise if u have not had a reply appologising and closing within 14 days u will report to the oft.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

this is a new company, i know they are linked with them but they should hold a seperate ccl and stuff.

U need to make a attempt to tell them b4 u report them as it could be seen as unfair.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

in reply to your pm.

a direct complaint to lowell.for chasing a debt once they had been informed that it is statute barred,further demands in the disguise of red.or a complaint to OFT/TS

should have no bearing on any other debts.alledged/proven/accepted/enforcable or payments being made.

THIS debt is statute barred.

SAM

in reply to your pm.

a direct complaint to lowell.for chasing a debt once they had been informed that it is statute barred,further demands in the disguise of red.or a complaint to OFT/TS

should have no bearing on any other debts.alledged/proven/accepted/enforcable or payments being made.

THIS debt is statute barred.

SAM

dont get me wrong, i will not pay them a penny for this debt and i know it is SB. I am not worried about this debt at all! as far as i am concerned, it has vanished into thin air.

I am more worried about the other debts (afterall Lowell have failed to get £5K from me), i dont want them to work in overdrive regarding other debts as a means of revenge for not getting the 5K out of this one. I am still in the ignoring stage, i will start the CCA, SAR all that when i feel that they will actually send it to court!

I will pm you the details you asked for as soon as i can dig it out of the numerous letters i have received from them.

thanks

Hamptons Ill=legal are one of the 'solicitors for rent' firms who will be next in the firing line - mark my words on that one. They caused me some bother but I saw them off with a couple of tersley worded letters.... one stated that if their client could substantiate their alleged debt then they were welcome to join in my bankruptcy petition!

Hamptons Ill=legal are one of the 'solicitors for rent' firms who will be next in the firing line - mark my words on that one. They caused me some bother but I saw them off with a couple of tersley worded letters.... one stated that if their client could substantiate their alleged debt then they were welcome to join in my bankruptcy petition!

Ive had the whole collection of lowell letters:

Lowell Financial group

Hamptons Legal

RED collections

its like collecting top trump cards!

Hampton iLegal are NOT solicitors. They are just another desk in the CLOWNELLS empire.

They word their letters in a pseudo legal way to intimidate the uninformed. At the end of the day they are just another desk in the Leeds Losers Threat Centre and its generally the same sh!t as Red debt, Lowell Farcical and Lowell NoPortfolio. It just depends what paper the monkey loads into the threat printer that day.

At the end of the day its all meaningless garbage and empty threats

Hi guys,

ive got a slight developement on this case.

I sent Lowell the statute barred letter and they replied stating that it does not apply as my last attempted payment was on the 17th August 2003 for £50.00.

but this debt has dissappeared from my credit file which had a default date of 28th April 2003.

I clearly stated on the statute barred letter in block capitals:

"This letter does not acknowledge this debt"

what shall i do now? how can i ask for proof? and can they use the statute barred letter against me regarding the statute limitation act?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

badshah!

write and tell them that their self serving allegation that an "attempt to pay" was made on 17 august 2003 is poppycock, and that you welcome them telling that to a judge in court

Lowells are a more of a nuisance than anything else Badshah and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

It sounds like your account is statute barred. If you haven't had already done so, I would write and inform that this is your interpretation of the position and if they believe you made a payment in 2003 they need to provide you with details, failing which you will be unable to assist them further in the matter.

The claim of 'attempted payment' sounds fishy even by their (very low) standards.

personally i would either ignore or write asking for proff of alleged attempted payment and proff of card details it was piad on.

What do the Leeds Losers mean by an Attempted Payment. Did you walk past a bank and think maybe I will make a payment or did you attempt to pay using your Nectar Card or a Library card.

An attempted payment is meaningless and the leeds losers know this.

Hi I am currently paying Lowells £5 a month for a debt they refused to write some off so I taught them a lesson. These ****es will test your patient. They can do nothing to you as your file is SB. Ignore them If the continue to call

Dear

I write in reference to your letter dated 22.02.09. Please put all corespondence to me in writing.

Yours Sincerely

I write in reference to your letter dated 06.03.09 which I received on the above date. As I have recently stated I would like all correspondence in writing. I have put forward my offer on two occassions and have not yet recieved a responce from yourselves in writing. As easy it is to write to me to contact yourselves, it is just as easy to reply to my offers and come to an arrangement. So far your company criteria to help those such as myself has been non existent. Your constant letters requesting to contact you by phone is a blatant disregard for my request and unlike your statements you show no signs of wanting to sort this matter out and come to a solution.

By not adhereing to my request can be seen as unfair practices. I request sort code and account number from yourselves so I can begin to start paying £5.00 month to begin clearing the debt or alternatively a full and final settlement of £600.

I write in reference to the letter sent to me dated 13.03.09. As I have previously stated I do not give permission for you to send any agents to my place of abode. To make this clear unless I give you permission you can not send agents to my home. This is the second time you have threatened to do so, and both times have broken the law by implying you have thre right to do this without my consent.

".Debtors that are being subjected to this kind of harassment do have a legal right to report these agencies and the consequences to the collectors can be severe. The Trading Standards office will follow up the matter and do have the power to issue verbal warnings or proceed with criminal prosecutions against the debt collection agencies. Consequences can also include the debt collection agency having their credit licence revoked by the Office of Fair Trading.

Communication

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,

inaccurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it

creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors' (see above)

Stating that I am ignoring the situation paragragh 4 in your letter dated 13.03.09 "Ignoring this situation will not make it go away; we need you to take ownership of this problem and call us to arrange repayment of the funds."

Please can you explain to me how does writing to yourselves on more than one occassion with an offer of payment and also requesting the companies bank account number and sort code to pay at least £5.00 a month consitutes as ignoring the situation. I am confused!

May I also quote from the same letter paragraph 2 line 2 "You will find many flexible repayment plans to suit your current financial circumstance".

letter dated 29.01.09 " Please call the number bellow where one of our experienced negotiators will assist you in finding the ideal option for you"

Yet I have put forward my prosal on more than one occassion and have not had a responce to set up arrangement. I have also CLEARLY STATED THAT ALL CORRESPONDENCE SHALL BE PUT IN WRITING.

Letter dated 19.02.09 "In previous letters sent to you it made clear that unless an acceptable offer of repayment was made, we would take appropriate steps to recover the amount owing."

There were no such statements made in previous letters.Your statements have been confusing and conflicting with one another and therefore creating an uncessary situation.

· I will accept no other corespondence unless it is writing

· I do not give permission to send anyone to visit me at my abode

· you have giving me conflicting statements

· You have made no effort in negotiating or excepting my offers

· You have refused to pass bank details in order for me to start at least paying something towards my debt. Therefore this can be looked upon as refusing payment which consitues as unfair practices.

·

I am disappointed to learn that you have not accepted or acknowledged my offer of payment. My offer has been worked out after careful assessment of my financial situation. I will offer you a token payment of £5.00 a month as a gesture of goodwill. Making a higher offer to you would be unfair to my other creditors and I cannot afford to pay any more due to my current financial circumstances. If you were to sue me in the county court, with all my evidence of making every effort to cear this debt, (see enclosed letters) I would continue to offer this amount and I am confident it would be accepted by the court.

I would therefore be grateful if you would consider my offer of £500 as a full and final settlement or alternatively £5.00 a month.

Dear Ms

I write in reference to your offer letter dated 13.03.09. I have contacted yourselves regarding the above account. I stated in previous letters that the only payments that I can afford without defaulting is £5.00 a month. The full and final offer I can afford to make NOW is £400. I have noticed that you did not read my last leter properly as my offer then was £500.00. You also failed to forward banking details so I can at least begin paying something towards the debt. I can not understand how a company chasing someone for debt repeatedly fail to pass on such significant details so at least the debtor, me, can at least pay something.

Unless the company lives up to their statements i.e "YOU WILL FIND WE HAVE MANY FLEXIBLE REPAYMENT PLANS DESIGNED TO SUIT YOUR CURRENT FINANCIAL CIRUMSTANCES"

YOU SHOULD'NT MAKE SUCH CLAIMS BECAUSE THEY ARE FALSE

I have told you what I can afford due to my current financial circumstances!!

I am not impressed with your tactics on pursuing this debt this also includes threatening to send agents from Red Debt Collection Services, who are a subsidery of your company. I am making and keeping records of your underhanded tactics, and have been abreast on your handling of business in debt collecting. Your bullying tactics will not work with me, also forcing me to get into debt to pay you off will also not work. Your request of such payments is just another underling way of saying you do not care how I get the money just pay what we asked.

Dear Ms

I write in reference to the letter you sent dated 30.03.09. I will like to inform you that I have paid £5.00 into the bank account that you have provided. This will cover April's payment. I have set up a standing order for £5.00 month for the 1st of every month. This means that the monies should clear 3 - 4 days after it has been sent.

Sorry to over write I'm just showing persistence will win.

As they can not touch you there is nothing they can do. The most important thing is that it is off your file

SOrry for all my letters

Edited by Satoriea