Unapproved approaches to view your credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can this be done without your consent and without you being informed? Can any company, or person therein, who is aware of you, approach any of the CRAs and have a peek at your file? Also, can the results of that uninvited approach be passed on to other organisations?

I'm maybe paranoid, but I have a feeling that this has happened to me. Any comments/advice?

It shouldn't but it can and it does

They have to remove the search no 2 ways!

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

Yeah, I understand points made in last two posts, but how can I find out? Do I have to request the file from Experian, et scelestus?

Also, if they have looked at it and removed their search, I'd never know, would I? This might sound like small potatoes on this forum but it's quite important to me. Over the last few years I have grown to distrust anyone who works for a financial institution and the thought of them - and possibly someone I know - sniffing around my data angers me no end. Even more so when there is the possibility of them covering their tracks afterwards. Is this possible?

To find out if a seach has been made then you need to request your report from the cra's. As you don't know which one (if any) was searched you will need all 3 I would imagine.

Yeh, I kinda gathered that. What's that, £10 a hit for each request? Going to have to be done at some point, anyway.

Does anyone think that I'll be able to see the 'footprint' of the illegal view of my file, or will it have been removed by the swine that looked at it?

Yeh, I kinda gathered that. What's that, £10 a hit for each request? Going to have to be done at some point, anyway.

Does anyone think that I'll be able to see the 'footprint' of the illegal view of my file, or will it have been removed by the swine that looked at it?

Its £2 per credit report.