Parking fine outside private shop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Been reading around and it seems to me that an "Excess Charge Notice" as I have received isn't particularly enforceable. I suppose I'm looking for some reassurance though!

A "British Parking Association" member company have sent a letter to the RK which just states the date and alleged location of the offence (outside a shop). It doesn't mention any legal phrase other than "Excess Charge Notice" and only threatens that "additional administrative charges may be levied" if somebody doesn't cough up.

Judging by the advice in other threads it seems private landowners have no right to charge anything but could they .. I don't know .. sue for damages related to trespass? Any advice gratefully received.

If its a PPC issuing an "Excess Charge Notice" then its fraud. (real ECNs have statutory backing (and are hard to fight !)

They're a limited company so I'm guessing this is the case. Will keep it for reference and get on with my life. Thanks for the fast replies!

So currently PPCs issue PCNs which look like real PCNs, NtOs which sound pretty much like real NtOs, now they want to add in an ECN which no doubt people might think are very like a real ECN! Have they thought up a phrase yet that will fit in with them being able to start issuing FPNs yet?!

So currently PPCs issue PCNs which look like real PCNs, NtOs which sound pretty much like real NtOs, now they want to add in an ECN which no doubt people might think are very like a real ECN! Have they thought up a phrase yet that will fit in with them being able to start issuing FPNs yet?!

Friendly Parking Notice?

:rolleyes:

Who is the Company?

Jogs

Local Parking Security Limited - some small town outfit in Warwickshire.

If they're including that photo of "Drive In" dry cleaners because they installed the parking meter, then I'm disappointed. That was a class move. The town centre parking area had big "No Parking" signs which everyone ignored meaning legit customers couldn't actually use the shop half the time. Instead of getting heavy handed, they simply took down the signs and replaced them with a pay and display meter charging a cool FIVE QUID per half hour (free with cleaning receipt!). Suddenly, parking there stopped seeming clever and sneaky and became something only a rich idiot would do. Problem solved! The dry cleaners are still in business.

This fine I got, however, was well out of working hours and is clearly bull****.