ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah right. I'd suggest you use the quote function to avert further confusion.

i am niaeve at this , and learning just now, but i have just been watching, ' you tube'...... acs law accused of harassment bullying and intrusion..... what a good watch that was.

try it........:grin:

I'm looking forward to receiving my letter rejecting my LOD for being a template. My second letter will ask under which basis in law they refuse to accept it as it fully complies with the code of practice which their letter of claim didn't. I then have the same right to reject their letter of claim as that too was a template.

I wouldn't even bother replying to the 2nd letter.

You've stated your position and entering into dialogue with them only encourages them to continue harrassing you.

A simple 1st letter of denial stating your position is all that is required unless you like wasting your own time.

I'm looking forward to receiving my letter rejecting my LOD for being a template. My second letter will ask under which basis in law they refuse to accept it as it fully complies with the code of practice which their letter of claim didn't. I then have the same right to reject their letter of claim as that too was a template.

Just trying to simplify things.

Theres much of what these law firms do that is against the code of practice. Why enter into unecessary correspondance with these t**ts when a simple denial will do?

Edited by 8of9

Just trying to simplify things.

Theres much of what these law firms do that is against the code of practice. Why enter into unecessary correspondance with these t***ts when a simple denial will do?

My template LOD was the simple denial, my letter will be asking him why he sends them out but doesn't accept them. It will also say no further correspondence will be entered into and any future letters from him will be classed as harrassment and reported to the police as such. Doubt they will care but you never know mate.

My template LOD was the simple denial, my letter will be asking him why he sends them out but doesn't accept them. It will also say no further correspondence will be entered into and any future letters from him will be classed as harrassment and reported to the police as such. Doubt they will care but you never know mate.

You think he'll care about your questions? You think he'll furnish you with a reply other than ignore what you've said and send another begging letter? You're not going to score points with him as he simply doesnt care.

You're wasting your time replying after the 1st LOD.

Sounds good to me. Very similar to my last letter.

I'm SURE they dont care, much like the many regulatory bodies who are supposed to care! But hey... "dont let the buggers grind you down!!!":)

You think he'll care about your questions? You think he'll furnish you with a reply other than ignore what you've said and send another begging letter? You're not going to score points with him as he simply doesnt care.

You're wasting your time replying after the 1st LOD.

No I don't think he will care at all but he sent out his initial batch of letters using Royal Mails mailsort, his individual replies will take him time, he won't be posting out enough to get the discount I assume so he will have to lick all the stamps personally. It takes him time, time is money, money he will not recoup from me and I will report him to the police for harrassment wether he cares or not.:)

No I don't think he will care at all but he sent out his initial batch of letters using Royal Mails mailsort, his individual replies will take him time, he won't be posting out enough to get the discount I assume so he will have to lick all the stamps personally. It takes him time, time is money, money he will not recoup from me and I will report him to the police for harrassment wether he cares or not.:)

You might want to look at this:

Malicious Communications Act 1988 (c. 27)

You might want to look at this:

Malicious Communications Act 1988 (c. 27)

Interesting link, they may think its lawful but a letter from the doctor saying it is causing me anxiety could change their minds. I certainly won't let it stress me out though either way, my next letter will be my very very last. I think two is a fair number to show any judge you have played his silly game and now he is just being a nuisance.

I accept you only need to send one LOD but I don't see it can do you any harm to send a second and final one just referring him to your template and even enclosing another copy of it.

8of9 so then it's better to reply on your own words?

because for the first two I used the template and they keep on sending me letters......

General concensus is yes.

If you are innocent a simple letter of denial is all thats required, but dont go into detail. They want you to enter into dialogue with them as you might reveal more information to them which might inadvertently incriminate yourself. That is why they have also been sending out "Questionaires" to some people with this aim in mind.

Just back in the UK after several months' absence.

Unless I've missed something, Crossley / ACS Law still hasn't managed to bring a single successful court case. As a definition of failure, that's pretty graphic.

Question, then: why are some folks still wasting their time and energy dealing with a one-man (legal) band that can't even afford to rent a real office, has no track record of success, and is merely a questionable source of income for an individual flailing around to give the impression of invincibility?

Anyone getting a letter from him / ACS:Law need spend no more than five minutes penning a brief response along the lines so often rehearsed by helpful posters here, posting it off, and that's that.

Anything else brings the recipient of Crossley's letter into much closer proximity to Crossley.

I hadn't realised he was so darned attractive.

**Car2403 coughs to clear his throat**

2u7t9g1.gif

I posted this in September of last year - not much has changed;

Do not phone them.

There is a template letter of denial in this thread - it is in your interests to read the whole lot, as lots of questions have been asked and answered already.

In short;

- they have no claim against you, so you have no legal obligation to pay them

- some believe these are fishing attempts, let others pay as you don't need to

- you should send a letter of denial, then ignore any further letters unless they take Court action

- they have NOT taken action against anyone on this thread, AFAIK (EDIT: There are some saying the claims have been issued, but are not coming back with their own threads, or more information on this thread - this leads me to believe that those posts are NOT genuine)

- Complain to everyone you can think of; Trading Standards, the Solicitors Regulation Authority, your Local MP... the more people at the party, the better for you

Any other concerns you may have will have already been dealt with on this thread ;)

Oh, and, of course, this;

As cerberusalert says;

Beware not all members of CAG are caggers, there are some who will deliberately misinform or try to undermine information you have been given, at the end of the day it is you that must decide on what action to take.

;)

;)

;)

;)

Help. Up until the post dropped through my door yesterday, l was blissfully unaware of this firm. Having read the letter l feel litterally nautious. I have questioned both of my teenage kids, who both claim neither of them downloaded the album. I like allow my kids free access to the internet but l am now concerned that either they, or one of their friends may have made me liabable for this penalty.

1. Am l liable?

2. Can the IP address identify with IT equipment the download terminated at (i.e downloaded to the PC or two a laptop)?

3. Would l be able to, in good faith, send a LOD?

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks

MPVSRS:(

Edited by cerberusalert

Hi

If the file is on your PC then someone has done the downloading, but I would imagine it would be the same person who eats all the biscuits in my house.

If the file is on your PC this I would assume, could be construed as part proof that your internet connection did download the file, and so, some of the technology or methodology they use is in fact working to some degree.

If the file is on your PC should you admit it to them and pay?

That's up to you and I don't think anyone would tell you not to do so on this occasion, as morally it would be wrong.

If the file is on your PC your kids are not going to admit to it, as they think they may get in trouble for doing so.

Edited by letsdothis

FLYYTE wrote:

....As a definition of failure, that's pretty graphic.

Depends how you measure failure. By playing the odds apparantly many are paying up. So why would he want to go to court?

Oh, by the way, should have gone to Specsavers!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks