ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JUSTICE AT LAST!!! Got letter from ACS Law stating they are taking no further action and advise to get my security sorted by a IT expert and there client reserves right to bring action if my connection is found sharing the work. At last some one has seen sense.

I hope all innocent people get this good news and have slightly less worry in 2010

oh dear back peddling, maybe they have been warned about what they are doing from the SRA , or finally relised they are in the **** with what they are doing, and hoping the contents of the letter will stop you taking it any further

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

JUSTICE AT LAST!!! Got letter from ACS Law stating they are taking no further action and advise to get my security sorted by a IT expert and there client reserves right to bring action if my connection is found sharing the work. At last some one has seen sense.

I hope all innocent people get this good news and have slightly less worry in 2010

Perhaps you could post the letter, I'm sure many of us are interested in the details, implying your connection has been hi-jacked is interesting, of course they dont mention that perhaps their process of IP identifiaction is flawed !

Andy

Perhaps you could post the letter, I'm sure many of us are interested in the details, implying your connection has been hi-jacked is interesting, of course they dont mention that perhaps their process of IP identifiaction is flawed !

Andy

I will type the letter in cant scan at the moment as scanner being a pain. the letter as you will see still thinks i am to blaim, wonder how i stand on claims to them for 6 months of torture!

no they are doing it to cover their rear end,

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I have been thinking the same with thing. ACS:law make a lot of mistakes on their site etc but they are not that stupid. With the SRA it is better to look like they are not continuing to template letter older cases. Especially when they are going to try and fleece another 15,000 people if the last court order is to believed.

Perhaps they intend to scare those that have not received a give up letter that they intend to take them to court.

That is the flavour of their message on their website. I have heard nothing since my letter of denial in may- I will take my chances as not playing silly games with them.

Do yous realy think this ****** would spend 23p of his hard urned cash on a stamp informing people to tell THATS IT ITS OVER get real m8s

Its true i could not believe the letter myself i have tried to take a photo which did not work and my scanner is not working. I thought i would be fighting this all the way to court and beyond. as soon as i can get a copy that is clear i will get it on the BB

Hlafords when they advised you to sort out your netwrok security via IT expert you should have wrote back that what security you use to protect your network is of no concern to them. if their cleint feels it is then they should be talking to your network providers regarding network security for its customers as it is they that are responsible for maintaining and ensuring a secure internet connection not you, your only responsible for maintaining and securing your computer not the internet connection.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Hlafords when they advised you to sort out your netwrok security via IT expert you should have wrote back that what security you use to protect your network is of no concern to them. if their cleint feels it is then they should be talking to your network providers regarding network security for its customers as it is they that are responsible for maintaining and ensuring a secure internet connection not you, your only responsible for maintaining and securing your computer not the internet connection.

very good idea as soon as i can get a scan will be sending to my solicitor to see if i have any come back and cost involved in doing so

even more ammo for you if your network provider provides free public wireless network through you're router or modem aswell as your private internet connection. Such as the likes of BT openreach or openworld networks or whatever bt calls it.

Keep me upto date on how things progress as i got a funny feeling ACS law will be put on the back foot now lol. or i hope so ;)

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I would be really interested in seeing this latest letter from ACS, we have been in an ongoing back and forth battle with them since June 09, the last letter (lod) was sent by us early Oct and have had nothing back since.The CIU with the SRA have taken on my complaint though (although the complaint has been added to the thousands they already have).

:0)

I would like to warn all members - especially new members - against the use of PM to progress their individual issues on this thread.

Any advice given should be fully capable of being given in open forum and forum rules mean that members should very wary of taking advice from other members in private - there is no way for you to know what the intentions or the motives of anyone on this forum is, so advice should be taken with a pinch of salt until you are fully informed and can make the right decision for you, NOT based on what others tell you.

I suggest everyone reads the disclaimer in my signature, also.

:)

This is laughable, they try to enforce some kind of duty of care that does not exist upon you and then they reserve the right to bring a claim against you for negligence which presumably can only be in respect of this new found 'duty of care' they think you have. :-|

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/jonholt/acs.jpg for all the non believers finally got it scanned :)
Sorry m8 i eat my words, but if this ACS dog end pack of leeches think i will accept his grovel letter he can kiss my ass, im so angree i could not accept it and would tell him to stick it up his ass.:-x:-x:-x

Sorry m8 i eat my words, but if this ACS dog end pack of leeches think i will accept his grovel letter he can kiss my ass, im so angree i could not accept it and would tell him to stick it up his ass.:-x:-x:-x

dont worry i am the same and the letter is with my solicitor. i want nothing back just this legal [EDIT] to stop harassing innocent people.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks