ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes it does. The only problem is that it's hard to prove that it was sent, which is where recorded delivery is so useful.

What would be a good idea in the UK, would be to have some kind of data storing agency that you use as a forwarding address to send letters, emails etc to these companies . If you want to send a £1 cca request , send it via them, they keep a record of what you sent, they pass it on to the dca. Same with emails, same with SAR's, complaints etc. Where you'd want a guarantee of content as well as guarantee of delivery . They'd probably make a lot of profit too , these days, so many of these types of communications being sent.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The latest update from their website:

Update:

The first batch claims have been prepared and were filed at court on Friday, 4 September 2009. Service of the proceedings will be made by first class post and will be with defendants by Tuesday, 8 September 2009 at the very latest.

The second batch of defendants will be selected on Monday, 14 September 2009

1 - Isnt there a postal strike on at the moment? :rolleyes:

2 - Are they expecting the selected person to attend the court & if so are they gonna pay their travel costs? :confused:

3 - Wonder how they are "selecting" these people as such? :cool:

My guess is that the majority will be people who didn't send an LoD, in the hopes that they can get a default judgement. Mixed in will be a few who did send an LoD, but through ACS's incompetence, have not been registered as having done so. I suspect that all cases that are defended will now be dropped like hot bricks.

The latest update from their website:

Update:

The first batch claims have been prepared and were filed at court on Friday, 4 September 2009. Service of the proceedings will be made by first class post and will be with defendants by Tuesday, 8 September 2009 at the very latest.

The second batch of defendants will be selected on Monday, 14 September 2009

1 - Isnt there a postal strike on at the moment? :rolleyes:

2 - Are they expecting the selected person to attend the court & if so are they gonna pay their travel costs? :confused:

3 - Wonder how they are "selecting" these people as such? :cool:

2 - Wouldnt it be transfered to your local court ? Assuming that its not a massive bluff and ACS arnt talking out their backsides.

As cerberusalert says;

Beware not all members of CAG are caggers, there are some who will deliberately misinform or try to undermine information you have been given, at the end of the day it is you that must decide on what action to take.

Well, one poster did say he had a POC but has dropped of the radar ever since:?::?::?:

David

Yep... I suggested to them that they start a thread in the legal section to get the maximum help, not seen anything yet so do question how real these claims are.

S.

I was thinking exactly the same thing myself :rolleyes:

Nevertheless, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do try and get a few undefended wins, like Davenport Lyons did. Then they'll crow about it to anyone who will listen, and they will frighten a few more people into paying :mad:

I think ACS like to play a clever game of spin & psychology as well in my view.

If you look at their website, everything is worded in such a way that it leaves no room for doubt, for example it will say something like - "This will happen" or "This has now been done" etc...its a clever play on words in my view & anyone reading their site who didnt know their rights would easily be intimidated by how they come across & more likely to pay up out of fear :cool:

Just going a bit off topic here a bit if i may.....i wonder does the government know about what is going on with this scandal?

Id imagine it goes without saying that there will be political consequences of all this for Gordon Brown & co in terms of, it is they (although not directly responsible for it happening) that as the government of the land, is preciding over so many of its citizens being threatened like this & being seen to not be doing anything about it.

There's a general election next year Mr Brown if you hadnt realized ;)

Just going a bit off topic here a bit if i may.....i wonder does the government know about what is going on with this scandal?

Id imagine it goes without saying that there will be political consequences of all this for Gordon Brown & co in terms of, it is they (although not directly responsible for it happening) that as the government of the land, is preciding over so many of its citizens being threatened like this & being seen to not be doing anything about it.

There's a general election next year Mr Brown if you hadnt realized ;)

They know what is happening and in there recent draft of the consultation for these type of claims they were making it so these types of things can be done, let hope they took notice of all the people who responded to the consultation and changes are made or this could get very messy for innocent people.

I would think so but as we are all aware this government will not take action over any issue unless there's a backhander in it for them.

Add to that, I don't actually think they have the organisational skills or competence required. When the Attorney General herself gets done under a law she herself drafted, it speaks for itself.

David

well no response from my letter i sent over 2 weeks ago

i gave them 10 working days so thats 2 weeks if they can throw out demands for payment within 7 days i to can also throw out demands

any further correspondance will be delt with accordingly

not to everyone if send a LOD send it 1st class with a certificate of post not recorded

if you send it recorded someone has to sign for the letter with them maybe looking at them first as they would be deemed more important and to be replyed to as soon as possible

well no response from my letter i sent over 2 weeks ago

i gave them 10 working days so thats 2 weeks if they can throw out demands for payment within 7 days i to can also throw out demands

any further correspondance will be delt with accordingly

not to everyone if send a LOD send it 1st class with a certificate of post not recorded

if you send it recorded someone has to sign for the letter with them maybe looking at them first as they would be deemed more important and to be replyed to as soon as possible

Putting demands on the time they have to reply would not go down well in court (if it ever happens), just the same as them making demands for payment in 7 days. There are pre action protocals that both partys should be following. If they chose to constantly ignor these rules, then it can only help us, but we should not reply putting demands on them ignoring the pre actions procedures required just because they ignor them does not mean we should. We can put all the demands we want in the letters, they will just be ignored. Currently they have 6 years to deal with it and theres nothing we can do about it for now, it does not matter if its right or wrong, were in this for the long run.

i dont want this annoyance over me forever i want fast responses from them if i cant get that then they have very little chance of that then why should i respond or make payment within 7 days ?

i would love to see them try take me to court ill counter sue for as much as i can

Even if they do take anyone to court...every UK citizen has basic legal/human rights etc...so if they think they'll just get so many hundred pounds in an instant, then im afraid they are in for a shock.

Very true, but I'm pretty sure that this has been a nice little earner for them without ever seeing a courtroom.:-x

The legal profession and it's regulators really do need to get to grips with ACS and the rest of the bottom end ****** lawyers, otherwise this stunt will be pulled time and time again.

David

Very true, but I'm pretty sure that this has been a nice little earner for them without ever seeing a courtroom.:-x

The legal profession and it's regulators really do need to get to grips with ACS and the rest of the bottom end ****** lawyers, otherwise this stunt will be pulled time and time again.

David

What happened to the SRA investigation into DL ?. That was years ago now, was there ever any outcome ?

Investigations of this nature do not happen overnight sadly.

Infact i think the authorities drag it out on purpose :cool:

The only way things will ever change in this country is when the British people finally stand up for themselves & bring about a major revolution.

yeah..Fight The Power :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks