ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

D_arkTrooper,

You need to create your own thread in the legal forum for this as you'll need to separate it from this thread which is general responses to the ACS letters.

If you post up the POC then people can help and advise on a response and the next steps with this claim.

S.

Edited by the_shadow

my mum recieved a letter from these people saying that she had not replied to their previous letter about d/l this Scooter CD, we never even recieved a first letter, so we composed a letter back using the template and edited it to say we never even recieved a first letter so how were we able to respond, being sent recorded delivery today, our CAB wasnt much help to be honest, got more help by reading these forums.

The template letter is here http://beingthreatened.yolasite.com/resources/Writing%20a%20Letter%20of%20Response%20to%20ACS.pdf

if anyone wants to see the letter I composed as we never recieved the first one, i'll be happy to email it to you. :)

An interesting and relevant article here :

http://beckermanlegal.com/Lawyer_Copyright_Internet_Law/virgin_thomas_090303DeftsExpertWitnessReport.pdf

The legal aspects may be different , but the technologies and the arguments thus forwarded would be common .

I do not know if the link will be removed . What is the criteria that is applied such that wiki is allowed but the template .pdf address must be removed ? Well, all I can do is post this pdf, if it is removed so nobody else can read it , I have tried at least .

Is there any kind of directive anywhere regarding this I can read ? , so I do not need to waste anymore time with links that will be deleted at a later stage ?

Edited by Drexl Spivey

Quick update.

The pack includes a 6 page Claim Form stamped with the Central London County Court seal.

It has a box saying "Ammount Claimed" and the answer being "Not more than £3000"

The rest of that document is the stuff printed in the original letter about the IP address etc and the Scooter album.

The other document is a questionaire.Its asking for all details about my income,bank details,outgoing expenses,debts etc and seems to be split into sections (Admitting the claim,defence and counter claim etc.)

The address given to send all correspondance is:

Miss K Rekhi (Clerk to Judge Fysh)

Room SD306A

St Dunstens House

133-137 Fetter Lane

London

EC4A 1BT

does this mean they are taking you to court.

D_arkTrooper did you reply to any of the original letters? I must admit I would have thought that ACS would be careful to go only for people who had thrown the ACS letters in the waste paper basket, as I would have thought the last thing that Andrew Crossley would want is to go to court, unless he is hoping people will be panicked by the large brown envelope and is pushing his luck. All you have received is a claim form, this is not asking you to go to court and you can always counter claim.

I totally abhor what Andrew Crossley is doing to innocent people and the fear and worry he has caused.

I notice that in a comment to the Daily Mail on-line Andrew Crossley says:

As the owner and operator of the only law firm in the UK acting for copyright owners in identifying and pursuing illegal file sharers on Peer to Peer networks................. - Andrew Crossley, London, United Kingdom, 19/8/2009 22:04

Has he ever asked himself WHY is he the only law firm in the UK doing this!!!

Edited by piglette

In a way , it is a good thing he is doing it . By the looks of it from the interview above , they (the distributors) are posting these media on p2p networks for the sole purpose of deriving revenue from threat of prosecution and requirement of sums to avoid , of the so called perpetrators who are only guilty of having the same IP number as shown up by some unverified and unknown means of identification.

Yet this unknown means and this scheme in general has allowed them to ride roughshod over our court system and the information commissioner , and our ISP's . So much so , that pensioners are being accused of downloading techno grunge garbage german garage ghetto music , what next , when ordinary and vulnerable people cannot be defended against this kind of thing with the rules we have in place at the moment . Hopefully it will mean we adopt a more stringent form of IP protection in the courts in the future , along the lines of the other european nations that have turned these people away in the courts to ply their scheme in the only place left with the rules so archaic and the so called regulatory authorities as insouciant and inept as we have here in the UK .

Edited by Drexl Spivey

Zippy11, it is a comment to an article in the Mail on Mandelson wanting to criminalise one in twelve people in UK for illicit file downloading. Scroll down and it is currently the second comment.

Mandelson launches crackdown on file sharing... just days after meeting with record producer | Mail Online

ACS LAW have successfully found me of downloading a said game of which

I am now subsequently facing a nice hefty fine of over £665!!! (THE UPLOADER WAS FINED £16000!),

All Internet providers know all your traces and details AND WHEN ASKED BY RELEVENT PARTIES CAN AND

WILL pass on all evidence on.......!!!???

SO if you can afford to pay such fines please carry on? or if like me STOP NOW!!!!!

AND JUST DOWNLOAD LEGAL FILES WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ATTACHED.

ACS LAW have successfully found me of downloading a said game of which

I am now subsequently facing a nice hefty fine of over £665!!! (THE UPLOADER WAS FINED £16000!),

All Internet providers know all your traces and details AND WHEN ASKED BY RELEVENT PARTIES CAN AND

WILL pass on all evidence on.......!!!???

SO if you can afford to pay such fines please carry on? or if like me STOP NOW!!!!!

AND JUST DOWNLOAD LEGAL FILES WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT ATTACHED.

Posts like that will just encourage them to continue doing what they are doing - I suggest you go back to page 1 and read the thread from the start.

Yes,I DID reply to ACS with a slightly modified template letter after they sent me the first letter.

Quite a few weeks passed before I heard any response from them,but eventually around mid-August,I received another letter from them saying they would not accept my LOD as it was a template letter from the internet.

I responded with the second template letter (found through links from this forum) with a first paragraph in my own words.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks