New to forum, help on recent purchase of new car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought a brand new vauxhall car 4 weeks ago, have had problem with it since. called 2 weeks after to say squeeky noise and where told to wait for another couple of week and more mileage. noise continued, took the car back to dealer with squeeky noise (thought was brakes) which they said yes its a known problem that vauxhall are aware of and replaced the brake pads. immediately after driving off the forecourt heard the noise and rung them where told that to give time/milage if continues then bring the car back. noise was getting worse so took it back and asked for a mechanic to drive to hear the noise. while there we were told with the brake pad there was another known problem. were told problem was more serious and its the engine and were advised best to get it sorted (leave the car with them). car with them since friday last week. called vauxhall customer service to express concern. got a call from them to say its the accelatalor. needs replacing. then got a call yesterday from the garage that its something else thats wrong. part not in stock so have to wait.

seem no one knows what happening. not sure what to do know.

anyone had similar probs. :confused:

Hello and Welcome, monze.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Not had similar problems, but you would have the opportunity to reject the car under the Sale of Goods Act.

I think this is the best option as the car is new and obviously not of satisfactory quality.

If that's what you want to do I have a few tips for what to put in the letter.

Edited by Prolix

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

could you please forward me the tips. Its been fun and game so far. have been told this morning by the dealer that 1. take the car or 2. if you reject it you loss the deposit paid. Thats approx £ 4 grand. They say problem has been recifited after replacing 5 or more major parts ( water pump, Air con compressor/alternaor/high pressure fuel rail/inlet of fuel)

you help with the tips will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

The choice is now up to you really; the faults were quite major and after such a short time you would be entitled to a complete refund in IMHO, however if you reject it it must be writing and you cannot use it.

But if the faults have been rectified to your satisfaction then maybe worth keeping. I pressume you got a loan car etc. you could even ask for some sort compensation, free servicing etc.if you decide to keep.

• 2 months later...

Hi Monze, Sorry to hear of your problems and like yourself I took possession of a new Corsa 3wks 1 day ago and it is booked in for Monday to have the brakes looked at. I will allow them this chance and this chance only, however, if any more problems arise on this 'new' (July 09) car then I will most definitely be looking to reject it under the Sale of Goods Act as unfit for purpose/unsafe. I was a bit peeved at the service persons lack of understanding when I said that both front and rear brakes were binding/grinding and no doubt (as told previously with my old car) they will say it is my driving (is it because I am female) though they had to admit there were problems with my old car and replaced the brakes front and rear and a few weeks later the clutch (again the first thing they said it was my manner of driving). I will be telling them about the Sale of Goods Act when I drop the car off Monday morning so if this fault is not rectified or others arise within the 6 mths when the burden of proof is reversed then the car will have to be replaced by them. Bring it on I say Vauxhall, I fought many years ago with Rover and won so look forward to that challenge unless Vauxhall step up to the mark! Not sure if this is a 'common' problem amongst Vauxhalls but there do seem to be a lot of people saying they have brake issues with Vauxhalls though cannot find anything on the VOSA site? Anyone else in the same boat?