I have done the wrong thing :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have done a bad thing today, despite reading the posts here, saying not to contact the DCA, i did that today.

Firstly i have been getting letters from Ruthbridge Ltd saying that they are going to make me brankrupt, and also calls every single day from them saying to contact them.

Today [name edited] called and left a message saying that i had 7 days to pay up, and have had many chances to pay ect, going to make you bankrupt ect.

This is in relation to an Egg Loan from 2000.

Hearing the message today got me mad so i called them.

I spoke to [name edited] the mopst obnoxious bloke ever.

I said i have got 7 days to pay £2000 or they will make me bankrupt. I said i do not acknowledge the debt. He said i am lying and that this egg loan is mine, and that "I" have confirmed this, and just ignored letters and moved house ect over the years. I said i have never had an egg loan, so i said when was this taken out, he says 2000, So i said well that is 9 years ago and you can not enforce it, he says they can and they will. I said i have not had an egg loan, for which he said bull****. I then asked well when was the last time i paid on this alleged debt, he answered 2002. I said well that is over 6 years old and is unenforcable. He claims that i have made written confirmation acknowledgng the debt since then ((This is not the case at all). He then says why did you not inform Egg on your credit file when you moved house. I said well if i have not got a debt with Egg, why would i want to contact Egg for? He then he went off on a rant and he said Mrs XXXX ? I siad sorry Mrs ??? who? He is saying well who is this Mrs ?? does she live there too?

I'm like now, you said that name, i dont know who it is, and he was well we will be sending letters to everybody at this address. You have 7 days to pay up or you will be vistited by the bayliff. And then he hung up.

What an absoulte [swear filter] he was. I know i did the bad thing and called and then got into a conversation because i was fuming. But what are my options?

I know for a fact that since the last payment was made in 2002, i have not paid or acknowledged this debt, that is 100% Fact!, so what should i do?.

sorry for the rant and wafflle but he made me mad. :mad:

Edited by steven4064
Name of individual removed. Swear filter bypass deleted

Send them this;

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I wish to point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

I should also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970”.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

Yours faithfully

Print Name do not sign

2u7t9g1.gif

If they continue collection activities make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment and threats, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines & CPUT;

Debt collection guidance - Final guidance on unfair business practices - oft664

Mr Joss or Josh Hughes is obviously reading these forums as 10 minutes after i had posted, i get another phone call which went straight to the answer phone, saying that they will use "Message Board Forum Posts" on top of other evidence of the so-called debt. This is your final chance to agree to the reduced settlement figure of £1698, If not paid in full by 12th May then banckruptcy proceedings will take place.

That's already been tried in a court and the Judge made a statement that the use of consumer forums is irrelevant, besides these muppets will not go anywhere near a court.

Make a complaint to the OFT as I said, outlining that message & keep the recording very safe.

If the debt is statue barred and in dispute then perhaps you should also refer them to the recent OFT decision as regards Mackenzie Hall...

The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Do you feel better or worse after the call - the idea is to feel better - in my opinion your answers were good, as it was he who was getting into state making threats etc. and to a lady too - tut tut.

Whilst it is fresh in your mind, writing it out word for word and send a complaint to anyone you can think of - oh, and it would definitely appear the it is SB anyway!!

Don't feel too badly, we have all done something silly at some time - main thing is it must not make you angry or mad - just laugh at them!!

the eejits hate CAG because we know how to handle them......profits are in the bin,and soon their jobs will be in the bin as well-and they know it only too well

DO NOT DELETE THAT RECORDING......it will come in extremely useful

talk about shooting themselves in the foot!! LOL

Mr Joss or Josh Hughes is obviously reading these forums as 10 minutes after i had posted, i get another phone call which went straight to the answer phone, saying that they will use "Message Board Forum Posts" on top of other evidence of the so-called debt. This is your final chance to agree to the reduced settlement figure of £1698, If not paid in full by 12th May then banckruptcy proceedings will take place.

Sounds like Mr Joss or Josh Hughes is a little weazel...you know the type, big bad boy when he's miles away hidden away in some smelly call centre. Face to face probaby wouldn't have the guts to look you in the eyes:rolleyes: Providing forum posts wouldn't prove a thing...what the little to**er and his beloved leaders need to do is prove the debt otherwise they would be laughed out of court:razz:

And the fact that their offering a reduced settlement when they claim they have evidence of the debt only proves their talking pants.

I'd tell the big bad boy:rolleyes: to 'go jump';)

it's a clear demonstration of how much CAG are kicking them in the nuts day after day, when they throw the dolly out of the pram as if threats to produce forum posts in court was soooooooo scary......

get a life fella

and follow that with a real job!

They called again this morning at 7:30am. I picked up, heard it was the same guy. Put the phone down.

Aside from complaining, you need to get a whistle and blow it down the phone at them!!

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

LOL how on earth could they use anonymous forum posts in court?

For all the court would know, it could be the DCA themselves posting an admission of the debt to use it in court as fake evidence.

Would they ask CAG to check/confirm IP addresses?!!

Could be posting from a library or anywhere. Idiots.

This little slimeball is obviously desperate for some commission before the weekend so as he can stock up on the WKD's.

Depending on how brave you are (we advise against it for those who are not) but if you are now feeling braver after your recent run in - then you can phone the little slimeball back & taunt him.

They hate people who know their rights too much :D

Send the letter as in post #2 above....(send it recorded) once they have received it and if they continue to call you....write down the times and dates they call (including the one at 7:30am) this morning....this is against even OFCOM's rules.....

Personally I love receiving calls from the DCA's; if they try to get me to say something incriminating I either put the phone down or completely change the subject.

I know some people can get tongue tied on the phone but I love winding them up... it just means the use of any tape is ultimately useless for them because they usually yield and contravene the OFT guidelines in some way.

It's all about being careful what you say and staying silent in the right places.

Oh and I noticed Meritfarce/Muck Hall haven't reactivated their online chat facility yet :wink:

I was having online chats with Kelly a few weeks ago, she was having none of it.., perhaps she went off for a doughnut :p

I was pretending to be from other DCA's asking them to confirm security questions etc...:D

Did you screen print the convos?