• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg credit card, turned into a loan - now defaulted by arrows

thepopman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post so sorry if in wrong section.

I have been viewing the may postings on her for a few weeks and thought I would start with Late payment charges so sent off my letters,

to date the only one I have recieved back was from Egg... but they sent me a copy of my loan agreement.. mmmmm? dated 20/1/05

well a copy printed out on a egg letter head ....so you ask !..

on reading this I see that the original loan was for £14k then they have added £4874.38 LPP so the total amounts states £18874.38 @ 6.9%

have they charged me interest on LPP and if so is the legal?

I love this site .....

Please except my sincere thanks for any help... Knowledge can be dangerous but experience is priceless!

Hi and welcome to cag,

I am not too up on interest stuff.

Is there any way you can scan and post up what you have a recevied deleting your personal info. It would help others to take a look.

As it's with egg have a read of:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

dont have scanner sorry but will typo it all if needs be

thanks for link will read

and wow fast responce

Please except my sincere thanks for any help... Knowledge can be dangerous but experience is priceless!

I have uploaded the copy contract from egg

if you can please give me some idea if this is in any way incorrect.

Thanks

Egg Copy page 1.jpg

Egg Copy page 2 .jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

further to me requesting back my PPi from Egg loans I recieved a letter stating that as I had done the application "on-line" there was nothing I could do! So I called Egg and asked how they had come to this.

AS I KNOW THAT THE APPLICATION WAS DONE VIA THE PHONE

Question to Egg:- so the conversation I had with the lady was on line ?

Egg.. we can not see you comming through security on the day of your loan being granted so you must have done it on-line

Question to Egg?:-so you have a marker on me passing security on the internet then

Egg... Errrm Errm we dont know when you come online we just keep records of when you pass security via the phone line.

Question to Egg:- So is that your final reply

Egg... Errm Yes

Advised that that I thought this was a load of tosh so now been moved to the Ombudsman

Any one else with same problems?:eek:

• 6 months later...

The case forthe Egg loan continues but have just had £800 returned against egg card Ppi

I have not recieved a copy of how they got to this Figure yet but they have credited A/c

Spoke with the F/O who helped with case and they advise me that Egg should put the account back to the state it would have been if No PPi was added so they should infact take off the Interest each month and re calculate the statements...

any one else had a statement of how Egg calculated the refund?

Watch them like a hawk, I have been through FO and now negotiating direct with them, strange things happen, and they try and make out all the time they are right and I must be mistaken- they will also terminate your account, and charge off the account yet still chase you for money

I have just come off the phone from Egg who now have turned to the Loan that is also with the FO.

I have not paid anythin for some time as this again is in dispute Re Ppi they have just said " you need to kepp paying " :D

I told then that when they pay I will pay, but in the intrim i will advise the FO of the conversation,

Egg .... what do they think we are Chicken ?

Thread moved to PPI Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 years later...

Good day guys,

I have been scratching my head over this one and wonder if anyone can give me some advice please.

I had a Loan with Egg that was put into dispute regards PPi, got a settlement and was paying £10 per month as gesture to withhold any legal action.

Egg sold account to Arrow and I got a letter of assignment dated 25/06/2011, At this point Egg had not put the account into default. but when I look at my Experian file the Egg account was marked settled 09/07/2011 and a default was registered by Arrow on 27/05/2011???

So reading it correctly I was defaulted by a company before they had my account and also I have only ever received two letters from Arrow. 1 letter of assignment and 2 a annual statement. No Default notices.

Also I have contacted Egg and they have confirmed that no default was registered by them and also a credit of £2000 + was put back against the outstanding balance which seem to have gone into the mist of sale.. so balance registered is £2K out.

• angry.gif

Any advise would be most appreciated.

I think you've been dealt badly with by both Egg and Arrow here.

If you have it in writing that the default was not placed on the account by Egg i would challenge Arrow to remove said marker with a s10 data protection notice clearly stating the reasons why the default should not be on your record.

S.

Arrow as the new owner can default the account.

By the time you received the NOA Arrow will have

had the account for some time, the date on the NOA

is not necessarily the date Aquiered the debt.

You need to challenge the balance with Arrow,

write to their compliance disputing the amount

claimed do not admit liability to Arrow.

There are always delays in entering these tranacations

on the CRA vfiles.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Actually scratch the s10 idea as they have a right to report just not inaccurately.

I still say they have no right to default you, they didnt purchase this as a running account it was already closed and ceased, Egg should have defaulted you if they so wished, they were happy not to, so they(arrow) cannot provide the full functionality as an original creditor and hence lose the right to record a default, I might be wrong but thats my opinion.

Raise a formal complaint with arrow in regards the default/balance being inaccurate and state you will complain to the ICO in 14 days if they dont correct, send signed for or obtain proof of postage.

S.

Arrow as the new owner can default the account.

By the time you received the NOA Arrow will have

had the account for some time, the date on the NOA

is not necessarily the date Aquiered the debt.

You need to challenge the balance with Arrow,

write to their compliance disputing the amount

claimed do not admit liability to Arrow.

There are always delays in entering these tranacations

on the CRA vfiles.

If shown the purchase date HAS to be accurate otherwise the notice of assignment becomes null and void.

S.

Edited by the_shadow

i have merged three threads on this EGG issue.

and re-titled the thread.

i seriously think you also need to re-ivestigate the PENALTY charges & PPI when it was still a credit card

as i dont think they have be refunded properly

if this was not done correctly, then you'd hve been charged

extra interest on these when it became a loan, and are prob due

a larger refund.

have you ever SAR'd EGG.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys thanks for the messages.

I have been unable to access for some time and not received any e-mails notifications regards to posts so sorry in delay in reply

I would be grateful if someone could give me some wording to send to Arrow. as I am slightly unsure as how to word this with the comments that have been left.

I was called by the collecting company asking for higher payments and I advised them of the situation and they advised me that they would contact Arrow.

I also advised them that I was not going to offer any more as this account is wrong, no credit has been offset for the amount Egg held from PPi and if I recalculate then I believe the balance is Zero or very close.

Thanks

I will be on here more often from now HOSNEST!!