• Tweets

• Thanks Dx. Amended defence set out below. Does it look right now?   1. By agreement between the defendant and Halifax on or around the 3/3/2015 (the agreement) Halifax agreed to loan the defendant monies.     2.The defendant did not pay instalments as they fell due.     3.The agreement was terminated following a service of a default notice.     4.The agreement was assigned to the claimant.     5.The claimant therefore claims 1. 4.5k 2. Costs    Defence   1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.     2. The Claimant has not complied with paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) Failed to serve a letter of claim pre claim pursuant to PAPDC changes of the 1st October 2017. It is respectfully requested that the court take this into consideration pursuant to 7.1 PAPDC.     3. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is accepted that I have had financial dealings with Halifax in the past. However I do not recall entering into any financial agreement with Halifax on or around 03/03/2015 and have sought verification from the claimant who has not complied with my request for further information.     4. Paragraph 2 is denied. I am not aware of any payment terms for the stated agreement.     5. Paragraph 3 is denied. It is denied that Cabot Financial served any Default notice on the Defendant pursuant to s87 Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant is required to prove that a compliant Default Notice was served upon the Defendant. The Claimant is required to prove that the any Default notice relied upon complied with the requirements of s88(4A) Consumer Credit Act 1974 and that the notice was in the prescribed form as required by The Consumer Credit Enforcement Default and Termination Notice Regulations 1983.   6. Paragraph 4 is denied as I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice of Assignment allegedly served by either the claimant or the original creditor.     7. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to the Claimant; the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence of credit agreement / assignment / balance / breach requested by CPR 31.14, and remains in default of my section 77 request, therefore the Claimant is put to strict proof to:   a. Show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and   b. Show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and   c. Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim     8. On receipt of this claim I requested by way of Royal Mail on 13/10/20 a CPR 31.14 request from the claimant’s solicitors and a section 77 requests to the Claimant, for copies of the documents referred to within the Claimant’s particulars to establish what the claim is for. To date the Claimant has failed to comply with my section 77 request and their solicitors, Mortimer Clarke, have refused my CPR 31.14 request.     9. As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.     10. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82 A of the Consumer Credit Act 1974     11. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.  
    • I'm generally convinced that there is at least 2 users on MSE that's in my thread that has friends or family or even themselves that have similar line of work to MB or Gladstone.   I don't mind different opinions but they're just throwing out playground insults to me for using that letter saying I'm stupid, prat, idiot etc etc for doing it and not including in the letter without prejudice so it can't be used against me in court. I think I'll leave MSE and just stick with CAG and pep in this case.    
    • not sure what happened to the statint sheet...looks like you over wrote cells.   so they have already litigated over this debt ?
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this ‘clone firm’. View the full article
    • Any time limits AZ might spout are simply arbitrary, the ONLY thing you need to be doing is informing them ''in writing'' of your new address.   Also ensure your CRF is updated and showing your correct address also.   When you send AZ the letter which needs only to be one line......   Sir/madam.   My current address is No.1 Mickey mouse street blah blah blah, please update your records accordingly.   Regards   And obtain ''proof of posting'' which is free from the po counter, send it 2nd class post.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Wilmington, Delaware... Don't worry my fellow caggers on another thread will get it!:D

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester Cases

There is going to be a preliminary hearing in the week beginning 30 November to determine several legal principles. 13 cases have been chosen. All other cases are stayed pending hearing. Trial window in March 2010.

HHJ Waksman has said that he does not consider himself bound by the McGuff case as he is sitting in the Mercantile court.

MBNA are trying to enforce an agreement and I have just found out the trial date is just over a month away.

The "agreement" they have sent in response to pre action disclosure is an application forms with my signature on and a completely seperate set of terms and conditions which comply with the CCA( not surprising as they were probably produced last week).

MBNA have actually confirmed in writing that they do not have the original agreement as it was copied electronically and destroyed some years ago.

They maintain however that the original document did contain these terms and conditions on the back and have produced a witness statement from one of their employees confirming their contention is correct.

Surely that can not stand up in court or do I need to get a witness statement from my girlfriend saying the terms and conditions were not on the back?

I just hope you are not in the Midlands have a look at my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/224011-what-day-court-help.html

humbleman,

It's possible hat MBNA are hoping they get a judge like the old duffer you had. I hope you are going to appeal.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

I just hope you are not in the Midlands have a look at my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/224011-what-day-court-help.html

What happened to you is just unbelievable,hope you get a decent judge in your trial.

My trial is in Chester not the midlands but I guess there may be judges like the one you describe any where :eek:

Manchester Cases

There is going to be a preliminary hearing in the week beginning 30 November to determine several legal principles. 13 cases have been chosen. All other cases are stayed pending hearing. Trial window in March 2010.

HHJ Waksman has said that he does not consider himself bound by the McGuff case as he is sitting in the Mercantile court.

News

Test cases to impact credit industry

Credit Today online

Let's hope His Honor Judge Waksman leans more towards Judge John Deed than Emperor Nero!

Does anyone know the difference between the Admiralty/Commercial Court and the Mercantile Court?

It sounds like it is a battle between good and evil!

I would request that they confirm with proof that the witness was employed by MBNA at the time the app form was scanned and micro-fiched (is that a word?). If they were not employed how do they know it was a true copy? I may be wrong, but doesn't the witness also have to have a certain standing/position for it to be reliable (not just the tea boy)? If you were with your girlfriend at the time you allegedly signed then why not:), must surely carry as much weight as the tea boys! (I dont mean the girlfriend carrying the weight :D).

i wouldnt mention it to them at all - until i was in court !!

Hi All, I have just read the Daily Mail,and in their Money mail section page 48 and its haedline says "JUDGE CLOSES CYNICAL DEBT LOOPHOLE" AND IT GOES ON TO STATE THAT THE COMMERCIAL COURTS HAVE COME BACK AND GIVEN A DECISION IN FAVOUR OF THE BANKS.SO NO AGREEMENTS OR UNENFORCEABLE AGREEMENTS DEBTOR AS TO PAY. Sorry but scanner not working.

Manc1

MANC 1

PL.jpg

haha the title... "Not paying Unenforceable agreements that can me made enforceable will still destroy your credit rating for 6 years" isnt quite as catchy as theirs is it.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Its best to wait for some of the more legal bods to give us their opinions before we start assuming anything.

Manc1

Why, is this Mail report not more of the same as we had last week? Is this report based on the RBOS test case which has beend oen to death on here or is this something else?

It is the worst, most desperate, example of spin and misreporting I have seen on this issue. Does it even cite the case? NO. Does it explain the judgment? Ehm... NO. This is slack p*ss poor reporting and doesn't even meet bare minimum standard acceptable for publication. This "journalist" wouldn't have lasted five minutes where I cut my teeth. It is so general that unless someone can come forward and cite the case this article refers to I am going to continue to operate on the premise that this refers to the McGuffick case. In which case the agreement was enforceable. End of.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Sorry guys i hope i am not going over a old story ?. Due to bad health i have not been on the forum for a while ,so might be a tad behind with the latest events.

Manc1

No problems, as stated above the article doesn't state what case it was but it is fair to assume it is the McGuffick case. If you want to catch up on this just read the last 20 odd pages! :)

So does this mean Nationwide will now put a charge on my property?

The only way a charge can be entered against your property is if they have taken you to court previously and gotten a CCJ against you.

This case is all about reporting to the CRA's for non payment of a debt, that debt WAS uneneforceable when the court case started but only due to an account statement being provided. As soon as that was supplied the debt would have become enforceable.

A Debt with a pre april 2007 agreement that does not have the prescribed terms and is therefore irredeemably unenforceable was not looked at.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Hi Manc1

It is still the right thing to bring this to the thread's attention.

1. It might be a different case.

2. It serves to remind us all that the spin meister's are desperate for anything that will keep the trickle from turning into a tidal wave.

3. The whole slant is appalling and we need to see this stuff in order to counter it.

Hope you are recovering well.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you