Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well i dont often show my arse in burtons window so i think you can assume it is a fairly safe bet!!

(i conceded that i stated 12 instead of 30 days in error)

I am sure that you will find that only CERTAIN parts of the previous act were not revised - the proposition that everything pre 2006 act is as was is just not correct IMO

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont often show my arse in burtons window so i think you can assume it is a fairly safe bet!!

(i conceded that i stated 12 instead of 30 days in error)

will you also concede you were incorrect in your assumptions about the amendments brought forward by cca 06?

nothing to do with this case

the offence bit was done away with a while ago- it was never enforced anyway!!

i would have thought that someone dealing with this issues for 25 years would be up to speed on this

never pays to shoot ones mouth off about something they clearly don't have a full grasp of.

imvho.:D

i refer the honourable member to the reply i gave a few moments ago:D

yes, i have read you edited opinion

and it's cleary an opinion that is not bourne out of any factual discovery.

i had a major inkling you and pedro were wrong, and i have pressed you both for confirmation which neither of you supplied

and now the rhetoric from you changes to IMO

case closed.

never pays to shoot ones mouth off about something they clearly don't have a full grasp of.

imvho.:D

well i'm happy to discuss it but not get into a fight about it so if that is the way the thread is going ill withdraw

but first suggesting that i donate 50 quid to the site if i am wrong and you donate 50 quid to the site if i am right!!

hows that for shooting my mouth off!!

well i'm happy to discuss it but not get into a fight about it so if that is the way the thread is going ill withdraw

but first suggesting that i donate 50 quid to the site if i am wrong and you donate 50 quid to the site if i am right!!

so are you now suggesting you are not 100% sure?

yes, i have read you edited opinion

and it's cleary an opinion that is not bourne out of any factual discovery.

i had a major inkling you and pedro were wrong, and i have pressed you both for confirmation which neither of you supplied

and now the rhetoric from you changes to IMO

case closed.

EVERY POST i make is made IMO - i wouldn't want anyone to think otherwise (see the footnote)

oh my we having fun with legal debate, fact is if they removed the offence section out of the CCA under 80 you would also be entitled to have an Hire Purchase Agreement on a car not pay for it and not tell them where the car is,,, This is an offence,,,,,, Any Claims Co that tells you that you could keep your car are bs-ing you.

Its a danger when people talk about newbies on sites like this ,,,, its apparent that the oldies dont like the newbies giving them facts.

If the law was about the day the agreement was written hence before April 07 and its now 09 ,,,,How come I have a job? lol stating it the way you did would mean that the law only lasted for one day.

Fact is it goes on when the agreement was commenced

other thing mentioned was that Credit Card Agreements don't have a total charge for credit. course they do and the law states this

60.—(1) The Secretary of State shall make regulations as to the form and content of

documents embodying regulated agreements, and the regulations shall contain such

provisions as appear to him appropriate with a view to ensuring that the debtor or

hirer is made aware of—

(a) the rights and duties conferred or imposed on him by the agreement,

(b) the amount and rate of the total charge for credit (in the case of a consumer

credit agreement),

How about £500 ?

oh my we having fun with legal debate, fact is if they removed the offence section out of the CCA under 80 you would also be entitled to have an Hire Purchase Agreement on a car not pay for it and not tell them where the car is,,, This is an offence,,,,,, Any Claims Co that tells you that you could keep your car are bs-ing you.

Its a danger when people talk about newbies on sites like this ,,,, its apparent that the oldies dont like the newbies giving them facts.

If the law was about the day the agreement was written hence before April 07 and its now 09 ,,,,How come I have a job? lol stating it the way you did would mean that the law only lasted for one day.

Fact is it goes on when the agreement was commenced

other thing mentioned was that Credit Card Agreements don't have a total charge for credit. course they do and the law states this

60.—(1) The Secretary of State shall make regulations as to the form and content of

documents embodying regulated agreements, and the regulations shall contain such

provisions as appear to him appropriate with a view to ensuring that the debtor or

hirer is made aware of—

(a) the rights and duties conferred or imposed on him by the agreement,

(b) the amount and rate of the total charge for credit (in the case of a consumer

credit agreement),

steeq

i am not an "old hand" as you suggest and i welcome your input- however this IS a forum that is often "inflitrated" by the other side (trolls) and it is not unknown for posters to try and mislead caggers

your appearance so soon after the recent mcGuffin case is bound to be viewed with a LITTLE suspicion and i am not saying that you are from the "other side" but you WILL be viewed by some of us with that possibility in mind (just as no doubt i and others first were) but please dont be offended- it is a reality of life on this site to keep our wits about us

ohh... come on people!!! the offense after 30 days of default thingy in s77/78 is repealed by CCA2006, this is kind of common knowledge here.

By arguing against this one makes himself looking 'not up to speed' and 'read (and apparently write too) about law on internet' ;-) kind of person.

--------------------------------------------------

Yorkshire Bank ~1200£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~350£ of charges reclaimed many moons ago, settled out of court

HSBC ~4000£ flexiloan CCA request sent May 2009, 'sorry, we do not have your CCA' letter received June 2009, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC ~9000£ CC CCA request sent May 2009, no response, AccountInDispute letter sent.

HSBC - preliminary letter for about 300£ of unfair charges plus interest sent May 2009, LBA sent June 2009, N1 POC and Schedule of charges submitted July 2009

Egg - CCA, SAR, "no more calls" letter, DMP offer sent July 2009. Got a DN from Egg - wont say a word on this one until court papers are received.

ohh... come on people!!! the offense after 30 days of default thingy in s77/78 is repealed by CCA2006, this is kind of common knowledge here.

By arguing against this one makes himself looking 'not up to speed' and 'read (and apparently write too) about law on internet' ;-) kind of person.

As I said its not enforced the CCA2006 did not repeal it ,,,,If it did repeal it no one would be claiming unenforcable credit agreements right now . You cant have bits of legislation covering one bit but not the other ,,,,,read CCA 2006 it takes unenforcability out of the equasion.... You are right about one thing though i read law on the internet from government websites as not every single word is in my brain.

If you guys think im from the other side you should check out my other posts here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/65153-equita-caught-handed-2.html

Good night guys it was fun some of us have to work in a legal office tomorrow where there are solicitors.... hehe better tell them not to look up anything on the net..... not unless they come speak to all the solicitors on here first.... have fun guys

ohh... come on people!!! the offense after 30 days of default thingy in s77/78 is repealed by CCA2006, this is kind of common knowledge here. from april 6th 2007, but all agreements made before that date reside within the act they were created in.

my creditor has allready tried to slap me daft with the 2006 regs, but failed miserably, can't wait for their new angle.

cab

As I said its not enforced the CCA2006 did not repeal it ,,,,If it did repeal it no one would be claiming unenforcable credit agreements right now . You cant have bits of legislation covering one bit but not the other ,,,,,read CCA 2006 it takes unenforcability out of the equasion.... You are right about one thing though i read law on the internet from government websites as not every single word is in my brain.

If you guys think im from the other side you should check out my other posts here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/65153-equita-caught-handed-2.html

Good night guys it was fun some of us have to work in a legal office tomorrow where there are solicitors.... hehe better tell them not to look up anything on the net..... not unless they come speak to all the solicitors on here first.... have fun guys

who "trumpted" and stuck his head under the blankets:eek:

cab

I suggest you refer to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Act (CPUTR) 2008 which removed the summary offence from s77/79 after 30 days

It makes no difference when the agreement was made- the act removes the offence from any s77/79 requests made after 26 May 2008

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (No. 1277) - Statute Law Database

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (c. 39) - Statute Law Database

goodnight. bum safely tucked away in trousers for another day

Edited by diddydicky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks