Unenforceability Cases on hold until further notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCA 2006 was passed by parliment and become law on the 6th April 2007, so any agreement signed from that date onwards was regualted by this new act.

The old CCA 1974 was still in place to govern all pre 6th-april 2007 agreements.

Hope this makes sense.

thanks baggio

i thought their was a section in the 2006 act that specifically stated it.

cab

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"sorry" for butting in

can anybody tell me what section in the 2006 regs, states that agreements pre april 2007 are not effected

cab

s127(3) repeal

Consumer Credit Act 2006 (c. 14)

15 Enforceability of regulated agreements

In section 127 of the 1974 Act (enforcement orders in cases of infringement) subsections (3) to (5) shall cease to have effect.

11 The repeal by this Act of—

(a) the words “(subject to subsections (3) and (4))” in subsection (1) of section 127 of the 1974 Act,

(b) subsections (3) to (5) of that section, and

© the words “or 127(3)” in subsection (3) of section 185 of that Act,

has no effect in relation to improperly-executed agreements made before the commencement of section 15 of this Act.

The Consumer Credit Act 2006 (Commencement No. 2 and Transitional Provisions and Savings) Order 2007 No. 123 (C. 6)

PROVISIONS COMING INTO FORCE ON 6TH APRIL 2007

Section 15 Repeal of section 127(3) to (5) of the 1974 Act (enforcement orders in cases of infringement)

Edited by fermi
  • Haha 1

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Coulda, shoulda chosen a slightly more consumer friendly tag line but all the main points are there.

Not the ideal people to quote but hey its a free (ish) country.

Gez

Same old same old,the journo didn't bother to read the judgement just rewrote previous innacurate stories

"brill":D

just what i needed

cab

Also, the Couldn't be Bothered argument from Francis Bennion himself (my emphasis):

Consumer Credit Act 1974 s 127(3)

As the draftsman of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 I would like to thank Dr Richard Lawson for his interesting and well-argued article (30 August 2003) on Wilson v First County TrustLtd [2003] UKHL 40, [2003] 4 All ER 97.

Dr Lawson may be interested to know that I included the provision in question (section 127(3)) entirely on my own initiative. It seemed right to me that if the creditor company couldn’t be bothered to ensure that all the prescribed particulars were accurately included in the credit agreement it deserved to find it unenforceable, and that the court should not have power to relieve it from this penalty. Nobody queried this, and it went through Parliament without debate. I’m glad the House of Lords has now vindicated my reasoning and confirmed that nobody’s human rights were infringed.

© F A R Bennion Website: www.francisbennion.com

Doc. No. 2003.061 JPN008L 167 JPN (2003) 773

Anyone who is defending on the basis of Section 127(3) should also include the reference above. Don’t forget to acknowledge the author and his website as your source. I would imagine that any judge faced with this would have to accept the reasoning for the inclusion of the section into the 1974 Act.

Els

Well, I guess you have to talk to yourself when no-one else will, OT :D

Thanks for the info.

Edited by foolishgirl
typo

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

just answering my own question for anybody interested. I have been told it (spml -vs -walker) is going to be a couple of weeks before judgement is handed down

Do you have a link to this case or further info OT?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

just heard Brunnels are appealing the RBS case it seems ? if true their barrister is one of the top in this area of consumer law and wouldnt take a case he wasnt pretty sure he had a chance of winning . One cmc cleaning up the mess another has left i like that !

Y E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just heard Brunnels are appealing the RBS case it seems ? if true their barrister is one of the top in this area of consumer law and wouldnt take a case he wasnt pretty sure he had a chance of winning . One cmc cleaning up the mess another has left i like that !

Are you referring to RBS v McGuff? If so Fantastic!!

Can you link to further info?

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

I think this case might be a waste of time being appealed, unless they can get them to admit issuing a default notice, demanding full payment etc, is enforcing the agreement.

What we need is a ruling on an irredeemably unenforceable agreement.

Re Walker v SPPL Reserved (Scheduled 8/10 reserved 14/10

Also in the CoA SPML v Heath also reserved.

These are big judgments being handed down and given that they are reserved one must only assume that there are massive ramifications from whatever decision is eventually handed down.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

It was therefore a case where the court had a discretion as to whether to enforce. Ironically, the judge stated that even if this stage had been reached he would not have granted an enforcement order as SPPL’s approach to the agreement was "an attempt to circumvent the provisions of section 9(4)". Nothing appears to be further from the case - SPPl appear to have been trying to follow the requirements of the Wilson case in a manner which is not uncommon in the industry.

bunch of total winkers.

Agreed:mad:

no no no

just read the last 20 pages, will take you an hour but will educate you.

not mis-inform you like the wider press who are in coherts with the banks in order to scare joe public

CCA 74 was a protective pieces of legislation for the consumer, it is still law in this country.

The Consumer credit act 1974 reads that any creditor (Your lender) is requested by the Debtor (you) For a copy of the executed credit agreement on the payment of the required Statutory fee (£1) Must provide the agreement.

If the creditor fails to provide the agreement in the required time.(12 business days) The agreement is unenforcable until the creditor provides the agreement. If the creditor has failed to provide the agreement for 30 days the creditor has commited an offence under the act.

For the most part the creditors will provide a copy of the executed credit agreement. If they do then it is down to fathoming out what is wrong with the credit agreement. For the most part it is mis-calculations culminating in an incorrect total amount for credit.

It is very handy to watch all cases that go to court and the result from those cases. For Example Halifax under Bank of Scotland lost a case on there credit card agreements becasue the Terms and Conditions were in a separate document with no clear links in the signature box. This means that Halifax cannot prove that the customer received a copy of the terms and conditions when sigining the credit agreement.

With this in mind and the fact that Halifax used this method all the time means that the success rate for making the credit agreement unenforcable is 100% the plain truth

If the lender does not provide an agreement it is your legal rights to cease payment and there is nothing the creditor can legally do. You do need to write to them stating this though that your agreement is now in a legal dispute.

If they then put anything adverse on your credit file ,,,the information would be inaccurate and would breach the Data Protection Act 1998 which reads any information held on a living person must be accurate and up to date.

If this does happen write to the credit reference agency informing them that the information on the file is disputed for accuracy and also write to the creditor advising they have breached the data protection act aswell stating that if the information is not removed you will sue under the DPA 1998 aswell as writing to the Information Commisioners Office you can also sue under the Defamation of Character Act 1994 i.e libel. Becasue damaging someones credit for no legitimate reason breaches that act.

Typical winnings are about £5,000 and an injuction form them doing it again although you can sue for up to £100,000 but its very likely that unless you are famous the court would see it as a bit of a joke. . The is a protocol for doing libel cases but for the most part when a creditor know you mean business the adverse on your credit file will be gone within 28 days.

Another thing that does happen is they start chasing you hard for payment and considering this its a legal dispute its against the banking code of practice and also the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

I am currently suing Halifax for blocking my wifes debit card on the 23rd Ocotober in Wolverhampton County Court. If I succeed it will be a case presidence and anyone who's card gets blocked will be able to sue there bank and win. It is highly likely that Halifax will settle out of court in the next few days. but who knows keep an eye on the posts to see if we have good news

Edited by SteEqWar
spelling errors

The Consumer credit act 1974 reads that any creditor (Your lender) is requested by the Debtor (you) For a copy of the executed credit agreement on the payment of the required Statutory fee (£1) Must provide the agreement.

If the creditor fails to provide the agreement in the required time.(12 business days) The agreement is unenforcable until the creditor provides the agreement. If the creditor has failed to provide the agreement for 30 days the creditor has commited an offence under the act.

For the most part the creditors will provide a copy of the executed credit agreement. If they do then it is down to fathoming out what is wrong with the credit agreement. For the most part it is mis-calculations culminating in an incorrect total amount for credit.

It is very handy to watch all cases that go to court and the result from those cases. For Example Halifax under Bank of Scotland lost a case on there credit card agreements becasue the Terms and Conditions were in a separate document with no clear links in the signature box. This means that Halifax cannot prove that the customer received a copy of the terms and conditions when sigining the credit agreement.

With this in mind and the fact that Halifax used this method all the time means that the success rate for making the credit agreement unenforcable is 100% the plain truth

If the lender does not provide an agreement it is your legal rights to cease payment and there is nothing the creditor can legally do. You do need to write to them stating this though that your agreement is now in a legal dispute.

If they then put anything adverse on your credit file ,,,the information would be inaccurate and would breach the Data Protection Act 1998 which reads any information held on a living person must be accurate and up to date.

If this does happen write to the credit reference agency informing them that the information on the file is disputed for accuracy and also write to the creditor advising they have breached the data protection act aswell stating that if the information is not removed you will sue under the DPA 1998 aswell as writing to the Information Commisioners Office you can also sue under the Defamation of Character Act 1994 i.e libel. Becasue damaging someones credit for no legitimate reason breaches that act.

Typical winnings are about £5,000 and an injuction form them doing it again although you can sue for up to £100,000 but its very likely that unless you are famous the court would see it as a bit of a joke. . The is a protocol for doing libel cases but for the most part when a creditor know you mean business the adverse on your credit file will be gone within 28 days.

Another thing that does happen is they start chasing you hard for payment and considering this its a legal dispute its against the banking code of practice and also the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

I am currently suing Halifax for blocking my wifes debit card on the 23rd Ocotober in Wolverhampton County Court. If I succeed it will be a case presidence and anyone who's card gets blocked will be able to sue there bank and win. It is highly likely that Halifax will settle out of court in the next few days. but who knows keep an eye on the posts to see if we have good news

fantastic post, well done sir.

one of the best, most informative posts i have read in a long while.

can i ask, how do you know all this? are you using a CMC?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks