CCCS DMP / CCA request issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am trying to be responsible and pay off all my debts quickly and fairly, but have a wee problem.

I requested my CCA from LloydsTSB and heard nothing for 6 weeks, so I stopped payments. I have sent the request letter, then the default letter, and will shortly send the phone harrassment one. My card is about 10 years old so I expect a good outcome.

I contacted CCCS and was in the process of setting up a DMP for 3 other debts. They have told me they will not proceed unless I include the LloydsTSB card and make payments on it. They say '...there has been recent legal precedent suggesting that a creditor can take collection activities as normal, up to and even including a County Court Judgement (CCJ), even where the section 77-79 request has not been adhered to. Therefore, the position and advice of CCCS is to include such debts for repayment on the DMP along with your other credit debts. Unless you have confirmation in writing from Lloyds TSB (a copy to be provided to us) that they will take no further action against you on this debt, then we require that it be included for your DMP to proceed.'

I do not want to make payments on the card as this would admit the debt.

I think I will now set up my own payments with templates and advice from the forums, instead of using CCCS. It can't be that hard. Can anyone point the way?

So keep this in mind if you might end up in the same situation.

Thank you

CCCs cancelled our DMP when we refused to make payments to a DCA who could not produce a CCA.

CCCS gave us a list with all the people we had been paying and contact phone numbers. Phoned up the ones we wanted to pay and got their bank details, then set up standing orders using online banking to make payments direct. No problems.

Some of the DCA's etc will tell you that you must make a new offer in writing, but we ignored that as didn't want to make any written offers, in case of future developments.:D

AT least doing it on your own you have full control.

you can use letter b on the following link and it will also help to include the first payment and a copy of your i and e.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)