Jump to content

Cap one charges


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I have had a Cap one credit card for years without much problem.

However about 3 months ago I made my usual monthly payment using the computer. When I got my next statement they had charged me a late payment and over the limit fee totalling £24.

I wrote to them and said I couldnt understand why the payment had gone through late as I had paid the same time and same way each month for years.

It took them 2 months to reply saying that they would refund the £24. However in the meantime they had charged another £12 for being over the limit because the £24 they had charged the previous month had put me over the limit and I had assumed that they would have used their common sense and taken the charges off as they said and adjust the next months account accordingly.

I have now written to them again giving them 7 working days to respond and 3 weeks later they still have not replied.

I have'nt used my card for months so the only monies going on are from Cap One charges.

Has anyone any ideas the best way to treat them as I did have a very good Credit Rating and now I am being turned down for interest free credit cards as I would like to remove my account from Cap one to somthing else better.

Many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you checked your credit file and are you sure that Cap One have blotted your credit file?


You should check this up and if you find that they have then you should start taking immediate action to remedy the situation.


You should immediately lodged a notice of dispute on your credit file and write to the credit reference agency and explain exactly what has happened so that they are on notice. You should inform them that the information has been placed on your credit file in breach of the information Commissioner's guidelines.


You should complain formally to the information Commissioner.


You should complain formally to Cap One. Inform them of the complaints that you have already made and tell them that if they do not remove the entry within seven days that you will bring an action in the County Court for breach of the data protection act and that you will be seeking damages.


Only make this threat if you intend to carry it out. However you should carry it out. It is worth doing. This abuse of the credit register is a very serious matter and it blights people's lives and people in your position should exercise a zero tolerance.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...